Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

...to Disney.

And they are working on an Episode 7 slated for release in 2015. www.google.com

What could go wrong?
Oct 31st 2012 new

Considering how Lucas himself has mangled the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises, and how good The Avengers was, I don't have a bad feeling about this.

But what I really want is a Star Wars theme park.

Oct 31st 2012 new

oh oh, The Chin did it again.....

hmmmph....... my fellow rpgers are going to love this....

Oct 31st 2012 new

I was pretty amazed when I heard this. George Lucas has been the driving force (pardon the pun) behind Star Wars for 35 years. It feels like it won't be the same. Still, I am taking a wait-and-see attitude. What is The Chin?

Oct 31st 2012 new
I started watching Star Wars when it first was released.... I still watch the movies occasionally. I have a feeling it will still be a great franchise for a long time in the future....
Oct 31st 2012 new

Rob....

I've been a member of a rpger group of SW (and sci-fi) enthusiasts for ..a very long time... and the administrator many years ago began to affectionately term GL as 'The Chin'. It's rather stuck on the rest of us, and of course this will be a hot topic there. It actually was in 2010 when it was first noticed Stormtroopers were in a Disney parade and the first post made anticipating this announcement. The jokes, at the time, were that Mickey would start showing up in Darth Vader gear. No one liked that idea.

Now this, not wholly unexpected, announcement. My question is, who's going to play the 'title three'?

Nov 1st 2012 new

Maybe I'm alone in this but I think the Star Wars franchise should have stopped with The Empire Strikes Back. Maybe it's just me being a sentimental nerd because the first batch that came out are the ones I grew up watching. George Lucas is an absolute genius and has set himself and his family x 20 up for life but really... pull the plug already. He should've bowed out gracefully awhile ago...

Good idea on the theme park! I'd love to get a picture with an Ewok...

Nov 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Angie-70288 said: Maybe I'm alone in this but I think the Star Wars franchise should have stopped with The Empir...
(Quote) Angie-70288 said:

Maybe I'm alone in this but I think the Star Wars franchise should have stopped with The Empire Strikes Back. Maybe it's just me being a sentimental nerd because the first batch that came out are the ones I grew up watching. George Lucas is an absolute genius and has set himself and his family x 20 up for life but really... pull the plug already. He should've bowed out gracefully awhile ago...

--hide--

I agree. While the prequels were all good movies, the fact that there were 3 of them made the whole thing feel very unnatural and disjointed.

Nov 1st 2012 new
(Quote) Angie-70288 said: Maybe I'm alone in this but I think the Star Wars franchise should have stopped with The Empire Strikes Back...
(Quote) Angie-70288 said:

--hide--

Well...as I saw it stated somewhere else: Why is everyone so concerned that Disney is going to ruin Star Wars? I thought George Lucas already did that.
Posts 1 - 9 of 9