Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Nov 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Some got married, some found someone on another site, some got kicked off, some left to care for f...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Some got married, some found someone on another site, some got kicked off, some left to care for family members (aging parents), every reason there is. I still communicate with them on FB..

If you have a plan that Admin should follow to prevent divorced people from seeking a spouse maybe you could suggest it. People that are still legally married, but separated still sign on here by choosing divorced as their option.. CM covers themselves with the disclaimer..How do you suggest they do things differently? It's NOT on Admin, after all. It is on US as discerning adults to use our sensibilty to make decisions..Admin is not Mom and Dad and I don't want them to treat me like they are.

--hide--

I've been thinking about it. The only suggestion I can come up with would be that if someone signs up as divorced, then CM could use that label that says "Seeking Friendship Only" (unless of course their ex-spouse is deceased and I saw in a Community Help forum that Nathan said they were thinking about how to handle this because of course the person doesn't need an annullment in this case) until they get their annullment and chang it to annulled. I have seen one or two men and women use this while they were In Process of annulment and it seems quite a reasonable thing to do. Everyone would still have their free will to do whatever they want, but at least it would make people think (I think). And, I disagree with you a bit. CM Admin. is running a Catholic site and in many ways enforce their rules. This would just be another way they could do so. People would still be free to contact each other and have their free will to do as they choose. I know I would appreciate this if it were implemented. I suspect some of the divorced people would grouse about it and perhaps even quit (but to me that would show that they weren't serious about following their Catholic faith).

Nov 1st 2012 new
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: ...before we jump to condemn, it might be wiser to find out if they have even been given valid information ...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

...before we jump to condemn, it might be wiser to find out if they have even been given valid information regarding dating before annulment. Just a thought - and one I have had to refer to many times.

--hide--

Anne Marie, I am not sure, but if you are suggesting that I am condemning people in my post, that was not my intention at all. I think people often misinterpret someone's telling the Truth as them judging others. Maybe that is what happened for you.
Nov 1st 2012 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: ...I would suggest though that it would be good if CM admin. somehow made a little bigger deal about this (becaise many...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: ...I would suggest though that it would be good if CM admin. somehow made a little bigger deal about this (becaise many times when we sign up for things we read the fine print once or just skim over it and then forget about it).
--hide--

I agree, for all members.
Nov 1st 2012 new

No - didn't mean it that way at all. My apologies. Just the way I write in general. As for me, I don't have any problem admitting my faults and failings. I gave them to God and He uses it all in the ministries I serve in. heart

Nov 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: How do you suggest they do things differently? It's NOT on Admin, after all. It is on US as discerning adults to use our s...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: How do you suggest they do things differently? It's NOT on Admin, after all. It is on US as discerning adults to use our sensibilty to make decisions..Admin is not Mom and Dad and I don't want them to treat me like they are.
--hide--

I think it is on both Admin. and us. That can be seen throughout the world of capitalism. Someone sells you a product that causes damage and it is possible for the buyer to get compensated for that damage.

Nov 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said: Indeed.
(Quote) Kathleen-878558 said:

Indeed.
--hide--

Kathleen, I'm having deja vu... were you on here previously but with a lower CM Profile #?

Cat

Nov 1st 2012 new

What bothers me, and no, not about you particularly, is when people say 'truth' and/or 'fraternal correction' when in fact they are simply being judgmental of others. Off topic, but I've seen it here more than once.

Nov 1st 2012 new
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: What bothers me, and no, not about you particularly, is when people say 'truth' and/or 'fratern...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

What bothers me, and no, not about you particularly, is when people say 'truth' and/or 'fraternal correction' when in fact they are simply being judgmental of others. Off topic, but I've seen it here more than once.

--hide--

Good point, and I have been guilty of it at some time. Not necessarily on purpose. Thanks for getting back to me.
Nov 1st 2012 new

heart hug

Nov 1st 2012 new
What is with all the bold letters? Software glitch, because I didn't choose them.

On a separate note, what spawned all of this was the recent CM article, Elizabeth Was Looking for Long Distance And Found Daniel www.catholicmatch.com

I placed a comment at the bottom of it. Seems like CM is confused about this policy as well, since they published the article.

Kathleen
Posts 11 - 20 of 93