Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Nov 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: All my matches come up as Divorced men but there is still one glitch that I don'...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

All my matches come up as Divorced men but there is still one glitch that I don't like. when I log in with my cell phone there is a message saying that I cannot look at any matches since I am not available to marry in the church. Can you tell me why this only appears on my cell?

--hide--

Are you referring to Saved Searches or the Mutual Matching? Under Mutual Matching you shouldn't be getting any matches, you shouldn't have been able to even take the test with the marital status as Divorced.. None of my matches are divorced men..

There may be some confusion of terms here..

Nov 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Jan-921295 said: I am somewhat confused by this as I was not aware of the disclaimer. My marriage ended in 1988 and ...
(Quote) Jan-921295 said:

I am somewhat confused by this as I was not aware of the disclaimer. My marriage ended in 1988 and to seek an annulment now seems alittle odd. I can't see my ex agreeing to do it unless I was ready to marry someone....which I am not! Then there is the money aspect. I don't know it just does not sit well with me. I believe my marriage or end of it is between God and myself not between myself and a group of men who have never been married.

--hide--

I was divorced in 1984 and sought my annulment in 2006.. It's never too long to wait.. Many people use this site because they want to be married in the Church.. Many will not even open up a correspondence with you if they see Divorced in your marital status.. It could be a multiple year wait to get an annulment finalised so it's better to get it done while you are not in a relationship rather that to wait.. I have seen a number of relationships here break up because the annulment took so long the other party got tired of waiting..But I have also seen a lot of couples get married by a JP and put themselves out of communion with the church as a result.

Nov 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Jan-921295 said: I am somewhat confused by this as I was not aware of the disclaimer. My marriage ended in 1988 and to seek an...
(Quote) Jan-921295 said:

I am somewhat confused by this as I was not aware of the disclaimer. My marriage ended in 1988 and to seek an annulment now seems alittle odd. I can't see my ex agreeing to do it unless I was ready to marry someone....which I am not! Then there is the money aspect. I don't know it just does not sit well with me. I believe my marriage or end of it is between God and myself not between myself and a group of men who have never been married.

--hide--

Hi Jan,

When I sought my annulment, I was not dating and did not have any intention of dating until my children were older. I sought the annulment because I wanted confirmation that the Sacrament of Matrimony did not exist at the time of my wedding; I wanted to know if I was free....not to marry, but to love God more clearly.

Like everyone else, I was not guaranteed an affirmative decision. The Tribunal could have decided there was not enough evidence to show the Sacrament was non-existent and I could have been still married in the eyes of the Church. But I wasn't. Several years later, I decided to see if God had marriage in His plans for me and I opened myself up to the possibility, partially by joining CM.

By the way, my former husband wanted nothing to do with our annulment and did not participate in the process at all. The Tribunal will still process your request. They may ask if you can find a witness on his side of the family. I asked my former mother-in-law to be a witness and she agreed.

As for your statement, "I believe my marriage or end of it is between God and myself not between myself and a group of men who have never been married." This is not the teaching of the Catholic Church. That is a more Protestant-like faith. Also, I know many good priests who understand marriage better than many married people.

Lastly, you wrote, "I am somewhat confused by this [the CM policy saying Divorced members can not use CM for romantic pursuits] as I was not aware of the disclaimer." Many people are not aware of the disclaimer. CM sticks it in the Terms of Use but as far as I can tell, they do not do anything to raise the awareness about it, probably because they will lose customers. If that is the case, they are putting souls in jeopardy for money. Not good.

God Bless,

Kathleen +
Posts 91 - 93 of 93