Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

11/03/2012 new
5 Effects Obamacare Will Have on Working Americans

"Obamacare must be repealed in order to protect hard-working Americans from its harmful and far-reaching effects."

blog.heritage.org
11/03/2012 new
National Physicians Group launches a "Waiting Room to Exam Room Patient Campaign" to Repeal Obamacare...with Posters, Brochures, and Postcards.

The Docs4PatientCare warn us... "Please. Vote Nov. 6 for candidates vowing to fully repeal "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act"

www.doctorsorders.org

www.doctorsorders.org
11/05/2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: National Physicians Group launches a "Waiting Room to Exam Room Patient Campaign" to Repeal Obamacare...w...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: National Physicians Group launches a "Waiting Room to Exam Room Patient Campaign" to Repeal Obamacare...with Posters, Brochures, and Postcards.

The Docs4PatientCare warn us... "Please. Vote Nov. 6 for candidates vowing to fully repeal "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act"

www.doctorsorders.org

www.doctorsorders.org
--hide--
"What began last week, as a few doctors emailing 'someone should' run ads telling patients how we feel ... quickly turned into 'WE are' going to run ads telling patients how we feel. This ad ran today in the regional USA Today OH, VA, PA, FL, CO, WI and UT." THANK YOU DOCTORS!!!

"A Letter From America's Doctors To Our Patients...

Please read this before you go to the polls tomorrow. You have heard from the politicians. We'd like to share what America's working doctors think."

www.scribd.com
11/05/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: "What began last week, as a few doctors emailing 'someone should' run ads telling patients h...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: "What began last week, as a few doctors emailing 'someone should' run ads telling patients how we feel ... quickly turned into 'WE are' going to run ads telling patients how we feel. This ad ran today in the regional USA Today OH, VA, PA, FL, CO, WI and UT." THANK YOU DOCTORS!!!

"A Letter From America's Doctors To Our Patients...

Please read this before you go to the polls tomorrow. You have heard from the politicians. We'd like to share what America's working doctors think."

www.scribd.com
--hide--

Glad to see some docs are speaking out! It's about time! Interesting which states did this - I hope it spreads to other states.

11/05/2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Ok, here I am to say that I had no idea that Oregon had passed physician assisted suicide....SIC...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Ok, here I am to say that I had no idea that Oregon had passed physician assisted suicide....SICK....something that put someone in jail a few years back for murder is now legal and what the state run medicaid says they will pay for .....not the cancer medicine, but the suicide medicine....their death panels that is and this is what we will have on the fed. level with socialized medicine...SICK, SICK, SICK

Who are they to have said that another month (and they couldn't know really how long she had) of that poor woman's life was not valuable????

--hide--

Washington State also has physician assisted suicide. But everyone has to remember that Washington has long been known as the Soviet of the US. Our nominally Catholic Governor (a Democrat), supports abortion and same sex marriage. That idiocy is on the ballot and will probably win.

The side of the state west of the Cascades is one of the wackiest liberal places on earth. They rival San Francisco. The east side of the state tends to be more conservative. Unfortunately the population is mainly in the West.

However, interestingly enough the race for Governor is now considered a toss up. The Democrat entered the race with a double digit advantage. He was the Democratic Congressman from the 1st Congressional District. While in Congress voted 100% of the time to raise taxes, support abortion, Obamacare and all of the far left insanities. And this is happening despite strong backing by Obama and Clinton coming to the state several times to try to boost his chances.

Congressman Bagdad Jim McDermott will probably win reelection. But for the first time in his political career he has actually had some viable opposition. Something that has never happened before.

11/05/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I am convinced that on November 6, the real choice in America is between good and stark naked evi...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I am convinced that on November 6, the real choice in America is between good and stark naked evil. Most supporters of "Obamacare" only see the words, Universal Health Care" and don't want to know the details. Unfortunately those who NEED to see this film will decline the opportunity solely because of it's association with the Tea Party. The Hippocratic Oath doctors take reads in part, "I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly, I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness, I will guard my life and my art." Those words must be held as sacred and never changed.

I guess we now know what the "Change" is that most Americans voted for in 2008.

--hide--

The abortion part was removed from the oath several years ago.

11/05/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: National Physicians Group launches a "Waiting Room to Exam Room Patient Campaign" to Repeal Oba...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: National Physicians Group launches a "Waiting Room to Exam Room Patient Campaign" to Repeal Obamacare...with Posters, Brochures, and Postcards.

www.doctorsorders.org

www.doctorsorders.org
--hide--

Add this link to your list of places to visit for more information:

"As long as the fundamentals of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act remain unchanged by legislative bodies, strong M&A (merger and acquisition) activity is expected in 2012 as well." -- Hoover's

bizmology.hoovers.com

11/05/2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Washington State also has physician assisted suicide. But everyone has to remember that W...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Washington State also has physician assisted suicide. But everyone has to remember that Washington has long been known as the Soviet of the US. Our nominally Catholic Governor (a Democrat), supports abortion and same sex marriage. That idiocy is on the ballot and will probably win.

The side of the state west of the Cascades is one of the wackiest liberal places on earth. They rival San Francisco. The east side of the state tends to be more conservative. Unfortunately the population is mainly in the West.

However, interestingly enough the race for Governor is now considered a toss up. The Democrat entered the race with a double digit advantage. He was the Democratic Congressman from the 1st Congressional District. While in Congress voted 100% of the time to raise taxes, support abortion, Obamacare and all of the far left insanities. And this is happening despite strong backing by Obama and Clinton coming to the state several times to try to boost his chances.

Congressman Bagdad Jim McDermott will probably win reelection. But for the first time in his political career he has actually had some viable opposition. Something that has never happened before.

--hide--
My God, that is appalling...another state did this....and we didn't know....how can this not have been all over the news???

11/08/2012 new
Charles #512043 posted the following links in another thread. Appreciated the glimmer of hope, Charles. Thank you!

Alabama Voters Nullify Obamacare Mandates blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com

Wyoming Voters Nullify Health Mandates blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com
11/09/2012 new
Morning Bell: What Does the Election Mean for Obamacare?

"The bad news is that many of the health care laws serious effects were delayed until after the election. Ten of its 18 new tax hikes have yet to kick in. blog.heritage.org And there is still so much about the law that we dont even know.

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (DCA) was absolutely right when she famously remarked in 2010 that we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it..."

"Thankfully, this isn't the end of the story. Obamacare is not here to stay. Despite the 2012 election, the assumption that the health care law will stay on course is another example of the left's wishful thinking. Of course, efforts for a complete repeal will likely face the same fate as efforts in the last Congress did. But there are ample reasons, as well as opportunities, to change the course of this law..." Read on... blog.heritage.org
Posts 11 - 20 of 44