Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Nov 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: I think a lot about that too. How time is running out. It is for all of us when you think about it. Pe...
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: I think a lot about that too. How time is running out. It is for all of us when you think about it. People tell me that I'm practically still a child but the way I see it, God wouldn't have made us all capable of reproducing as young as we can if he intended on all of us to wait until our 30's and 40's. This whole "you're young, you have time, go out and enjoy your youth before you tie youself down" mentality is really screwing over us people who want to start young because now that we make up the minority of young people we just look crazy to the main stream. It's quite depressing to think about.
--hide--

I agree with this wholeheartedly! I have felt the call to motherhood for many years and if you decide you are ready to be a mother at a young age and make that choice to pursue it, you are judged for it! I hate it, it all comes down to society encouraging putting off responsibilities. If our ancestors were able to run a household by the time they were 18, we are perfectly capable of it ourselves, especially if that's what we feel called to do.

Nov 4th 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I agree with this wholeheartedly! I have felt the call to motherhood for many years and if you decide yo...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I agree with this wholeheartedly! I have felt the call to motherhood for many years and if you decide you are ready to be a mother at a young age and make that choice to pursue it, you are judged for it! I hate it, it all comes down to society encouraging putting off responsibilities. If our ancestors were able to run a household by the time they were 18, we are perfectly capable of it ourselves, especially if that's what we feel called to do.

--hide--

Glad to finally hear from a woman in her 20's who agrees with me. I've met a few men who have seen things my way but never a lady. I still don't get why our choice is the only choice out there that is negatively judged while all the single people (with or without kids) are praised for putting off a family to "have fun." I swear the world is completely bonkers! Maybe it hasn't occured to people that there are some 18 year olds out there who are infinitely more capable of running a house hold than a lot of 30 and 40 year olds.
Nov 4th 2012 new
As a man I will carefully ad my two cents. At the old age of 28 with 27 just in the rearview mirror I too have been frustrated with my singleness. Of course the whole child thing is not as much of a concern for me as it is women. However I don't want to be to old by the time I start having kids. Maybe my frustration is part of the problem? Maybe it my inability to walk up to a girl I think is cute? Maybe I'm to critical of myself? Or maybe I'm looking for the perfect woman? Not sure exactly how to answer those questions. Just wanted to add that men sometimes feel the same way even if it is for different reasons.
Nov 4th 2012 new

Thanks Jessica for backing my moral. I was and still stressing about how can I find the One and I've noticed I was forgetting Christ. As you said you are currently working hard to strengthen your relationship with Him with prayers, this is what we should all do because He is the key of our happiness. God bless you.

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Mark-495813 said: As a man I will carefully ad my two cents. At the old age of 28 with 27 just in the rearview mirror I too...
(Quote) Mark-495813 said: As a man I will carefully ad my two cents. At the old age of 28 with 27 just in the rearview mirror I too have been frustrated with my singleness. Of course the whole child thing is not as much of a concern for me as it is women. However I don't want to be to old by the time I start having kids. Maybe my frustration is part of the problem? Maybe it my inability to walk up to a girl I think is cute? Maybe I'm to critical of myself? Or maybe I'm looking for the perfect woman? Not sure exactly how to answer those questions. Just wanted to add that men sometimes feel the same way even if it is for different reasons.
--hide--

I hear you buddy. I am 10 years your senior, and I feel the pressure. For some reason, I haven't found the ONE.

Nov 5th 2012 new

I feel it even moreso...at 44, I worry that my best years and chances are behind me. The pressure I feel is not from family, but from myself. I am at peace with the idea of not having children, but lacking a companion to love and share my life (and his) with...is something that I am having difficulty facing. I just pray that God gives me the strength to accept what life has in store.

Nov 5th 2012 new

Nah, I don't worry about biological clocks and neither should any one of you biggrin

My parents married almost sixty years ago and had their first when my mom was 19 and their last when she was 47. They thought maybe they should have kept having more, lol. She had little old me at 38 and four sisters afterwards. Yes, they wanted all of us. We were HARD working farmers:)

Anyway, young or middle aged, you shouldn't worry about it to much but try and find a compatible mate that would help you raise the little rug rats in the Catholic faith versus worrying about if you can or cannot have children. I think the first plan should start with a compatible mate to help YOU get to HEAVEN and let God do the rest.

There are more times when even young couples have fertility issues that would make great parents even at a very young ages or every one risks complications with birth defects and so none of us are full proof there, but you half to have faith in what God wants of you.

Adoption wouldn't be all that bad for anyone, young and/or middle aged. It is all in God's plan and having faith in yourself and more importantly finding a compatible mate.

So don't sweat the pettybiggrin

Nov 5th 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I agree with this wholeheartedly! I have felt the call to motherhood for many years and if you decide yo...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

--hide--

I'd say more selfishness. Look around. The messages are have sex not babies rolling eyes
Nov 5th 2012 new
In other threads the women are irked at the men for "chasing: younger women. NOTE TO THE OLDER WOMEN: Look at the attitudes of these ladies. They are NOT adraid of children clap Party: It is refeshing to see you express these desires ladies rosary Tis the hand rgat rocks the cradle that rules the world! Seeing these posts restore my confidence in the future.
Nov 5th 2012 new
Might not be fair to post this here? I was looking for someplace to post and then found this thread, so:

If God exists independant of time does saying there isn't enough time in the day to do everything another way of saying, "My focus is not on God?"
Posts 11 - 20 of 31