Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Mark-734001 and Beth- 621047 were united as man and wife last Saturday. I just posted pictures of that blessed event. rose hug theheart lovestruck! rose

Mark, who will turn 64 tomorrow and I, who am 68, met on Catholic Match after I reponded to his profile, asking him what kind of motorcycle he had. laughing When I first wrote, he was reluctant to do any more than send brief answers since his F2F's had so far been bad experiences and he wasn't even sure he wanted to risk finding a woman. We kept plodding along with short messages for several weeks before finally agreeing to meet F2F in mid-June. We had lunch and then took a 2 hour motorcycle ride on his Harley, during which time I kept my hands on his back, praying and just thanking God for giving me such a wonderful guy. He told me later that when I touched his back it felt like his heart was being sucked out and given to me!!! lovestruck! Within the month he began speaking of a life together. He proposed repeatedly until I finally agreed to be his wife. We have had a whirlwind courtship, taken the Pre-Cana classes, gathered all the documentation and finally wed last Saturday. When we took the personality quizzes for pre-Cana we showed real compatibility in almost all areas and clearly the hand of God brought us together!

I have been on CM for about 2 years and several months ago began posting in the forums. Like so many, I thought my only objective was to find a mate - but the Lord had other plans. I learned to be assertive - reviewing matches, reaching out to anyone that I felt led to. I encouraged others, applauded their successes and eventually made some wonderful penpals, male and female, who write, pray and even visit.

Our God is awesome and works miracles, even with us seniors! Please stay hopeful and alert. That special someone could be right around the corner or across the world. Keep reaching out even when you feel no one is watching. Our heavenly Father has His eyes on you. May He bless you and keep you until all that He has in store for you is at your feet. You don't have to be anyone special or even particularly worthy - I wasn't! Ordinary Beth and ordinary Mark have an extraordinary relationship thanks to our Father who united us. God bless you all!

Not sure how quickly CM will yank my chain and end my subscription. I just renewed prior to the marriage. Does anyone know if I can continue as long as I am paid up? I love reading the forums and will hate to bid them and you all adieu! theheart

Nov 3rd 2012 new

wave I tried to change the profile category from Engaged to Married but that isn't a choice! scratchchin rolling eyes

Nov 3rd 2012 new

wave

Congratulations and Best Wishes to Mark and Beth! A lovely story! May you live happily ever after! hug

Nov 4th 2012 new
Best wishes for you and Mark! God's blessings are with you. Enjoy and cherish every minute together.
Nov 4th 2012 new

clap clap clap Thank you for sharing. It really helps for us to read how a success story happened. You dropped the proverbial hankie, but then your gent picked up the reigns from there and pursued. thumbsup God Bless! Praying

Nov 4th 2012 new
Congratulations and blessings upon you marriage! May you continue to see God's grace and mercy in each other always. Pax et bonum!
Nov 4th 2012 new

Congrats & Best wishes

Nov 4th 2012 new

congrats

Nov 4th 2012 new

Congratulations Beth and Mark.

Wonderful news! clap

Nov 4th 2012 new

congratulations!

Posts 1 - 10 of 73