Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

11/07/2012 new
(Quote) Dana-782979 said: I'm meeting with my former pastor tomorrow to sign the initial paperwork and give it to him to get the proce...
(Quote) Dana-782979 said:

I'm meeting with my former pastor tomorrow to sign the initial paperwork and give it to him to get the process stared.

--hide--

Good for you.
11/07/2012 new

(Quote) Dana-782979 said: Sometimes I feel like an annulment is a cop-out.

Sometimes I feel like an annulment is a cop-out.

--hide--

Dear Dana,

Why do you feel this way?

Prayers for you,

Lisa Duffy

11/07/2012 new

(Quote) Dana-782979 said: I'm meeting with my former pastor tomorrow to sign the initial paperwork and give it to him to...

I'm meeting with my former pastor tomorrow to sign the initial paperwork and give it to him to get the process stared. Sometimes I feel like an annulment is a cop-out. I know our marriage was bad and we had significant issues since we started dating but I still struggle with this. Has anyone else felt this?

--hide--

I actually did a talk along these lines last weekend. But, it really comes down to do I trust Jesus and the Holy Spirit to guide the Catholic Church Christ founded. If I believe in Jesus 100%, then I can trust that the annulment process is a valid process for discerning if the marriage was truly a sacramental marriage.

I would recommend discussing this with a good priest. Of if it would be helpful, I can give you my lay person's analysis of where annulments are in the Bible, etc. (though there are many other resources better than I)

But, if the Catholic Church that Jesus Christ founded says that the annulment process is the way to satisfy Jesus' marital requirements outlined in the Sermon on the Mount, then I trust it.

God Bless and God Luck,

Will

11/07/2012 new

(Quote) Lisa-727959 said:Dear Dana, Why do you feel this way? Prayers for you, Lisa Duffy ...
(Quote) Lisa-727959 said:
Dear Dana,

Why do you feel this way?

Prayers for you,

Lisa Duffy

--hide--

Lisa,
I think it has to do with the fact that I still feel like I failed because my marriage ended in divorce. When I got married I planned on it being for life, like most of us did, and this isn't how this was supposed to be. I talked to my pastor about it and used the words "cop out" with him and his response was "I understand where you are coming from, it kind of is..." I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, it's just hard to grasp at times. Maybe it's just tough to have to admit that what you had wasn't what you thought it was or it was suppposed to be. I would love any feedback you have.

11/07/2012 new

(Quote) Heather-914505 said: I feel sad but relieved too if that makes any sense at all
(Quote) Heather-914505 said:

I feel sad but relieved too if that makes any sense at all

--hide--

Heather,
This make perfect sense to me. Sometimes I'm not sure what to feel and if/when it is granted I'm not so sure I will feel joyful or happy. I pray about it daily.

11/07/2012 new

Will,

Thank you for your comments on this. I have decided it's in God's hands and I am using all of this to grow closer to him.

11/07/2012 new

Hi Rebecca, I don't think you worry too much. It's a very human response. Even the saints worried. Just offer your frailties to God and then even in that moment of uncertainty, you can still do good. Everything you've said runs through my head daily. I hated filing out the papers with so many questions reminding me how painful this all is and thinking that complete strangers have to decide whether or not our marriage was "legit". (Like I would put myself through this torture if it hadn't been?) I tell myself the Church itself, as established by Jesus, is perfect and pray and pray and pray that taking such a huge blind step of faith will be rewarded. I hope and pray that we will all receive encouragement but most of all PEACE!

11/09/2012 new

Don't worry it will give you overwhelming peace when its complete.

11/09/2012 new

Sometimes I'm not sure what to feel and if/when it is granted I'm not so sure I will feel joyful or happy. I pray about it daily.

[/quote] I just recieved my annulment about a week ago and I'm not happy or joyful, as I feel it is a cop out in my heart even though it was a tough marriage like many others in thier own way. The feeling is a numbness and an empty breeze of disapointment.

Now that I've got the annulment I'm expecting to get jumped any hour by a gorgeous lady that will steal my heart and live happlily ever after. OK.. that or a peck on the cheeck at least for a young fella.

11/10/2012 new

Jason,

Thanks for sharing. It's nice to know that I'm not alone with my feelings and for making me laugh with your response. laughing smile

Posts 11 - 20 of 55