Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

01/11/2013 new

I did not struggle with my annulment papers. I struggled with the decision to divorce him. Once I made that decision, I was eager for the annulment. I started my annulment within 3 weeks of receiving my divorce decree. What made a difference for me was knowing that my marriage wasn't helping to make me holy, and I wasn't able to use my gifts. Even though I am still waiting for my annulment (it has been about 10 months), I know our marriage was not sacramental. My ex had a mental illness he never told me about. I understand that I can't expect
the marriage to succeed if it isn't sacramental.

01/11/2013 new

I was in same boat, researched annulment even before the divorce, i just filed too. Like within weeks, I have to move on and not worry about it and continue living, its hard, I feel on edge. But there is no address for my ex, so this will make it take longer.

Peace and patience...I try

01/12/2013 new

i honestly have no idea where my spouse resides, I know he is local, i know the kids could prob call one of his latest cell ph numbers to reach him on rare occasion.

i also know that NO ONE knows where he resides, I know he is w/his girlfriend and he wont give up address.

how do you think this will hold up case? my advocate , an older gent, who has seen 70 cases in his life, knows w/confidence I have grounds for one.

just wondering -if there is no address, what happens next?

thanks

01/12/2013 new
Dana,

Congratulations, you have gone through the worst part which is to fill out the application. It is painful because you needt o remember everything all over. After I told my spiritual director I was going to divorce him, he told me to start praying for healing on both sides, his and mine. Every time I dreamed with him, I used to wake up and pray for him. Then I saw him in my dreams and prayed for him in my dreams. All of this is part of the healing process.

Do not listen to negative people, pray to God and trust in Him. He is in charged of these things, not humans.

Rebecca,

the same thing, leave it in God's hand. He is merciful and loving. Great things happen when God is in charged. Good luck.
01/12/2013 new

(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: Dana, Congratulations, you have gone through the worst part which is to fill out the application...
(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: Dana,

Congratulations, you have gone through the worst part which is to fill out the application. It is painful because you needt o remember everything all over. After I told my spiritual director I was going to divorce him, he told me to start praying for healing on both sides, his and mine. Every time I dreamed with him, I used to wake up and pray for him. Then I saw him in my dreams and prayed for him in my dreams. All of this is part of the healing process.

Do not listen to negative people, pray to God and trust in Him. He is in charged of these things, not humans.

Rebecca,

the same thing, leave it in God's hand. He is merciful and loving. Great things happen when God is in charged. Good luck.
--hide--

Lucia,
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I pray that I will someday be able to pray for him and that there will be a sense of closure at some point. I'm taking it one day at a time and trying to give it all to God. It's been a rough couple of weeks between the two of us and I feel pretty discouraged and frustrated right now but appreciate it when I hear from others like you that it really is a long healing process and to remember that God is in charge. Praying

Posts 51 - 55 of 55