Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

Dec 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Rae-242317 said: Hi Dave, and welcome to the forums. I've found Dr. Janet E Smith's writings and talks to be quite ...
(Quote) Rae-242317 said: Hi Dave, and welcome to the forums. I've found Dr. Janet E Smith's writings and talks to be quite informative on the subject, and recommend that you at least check out her website at www.janetesmith.org for more details. I'm recalling a lecture in the Sexual Common Sense series where she examines good reasons for using NFP...a very basic synopsis is that

1. Acceptable reasons are determined mutually by the couple themselves (supported by a pope's statement in Humanae Vitae?????)

2. Reason must be of great significance and be good for the marital relationship

3. Reasons will differ between couples based on the strengths and circumstances of that particular couple.

Essentially, scrupulosity and judging are not appropriate attitudes to have. Being convinced that someone is contracepting because they aren't pregnant yet smacks of gossipwhy do they need to be sticking their noses in another marriage? I think that's much more of an appropriate question to ask.

Hope this helped! Pax et bonum!
--hide--

Exactly. People who are trying to live as faithful Catholics should not have time to worry as to why someone else is not getting pregnant. And to gossip or speculate about it is even worse. Hearing that (supposedly) good Catholics are falling into the speculation of others' private matters is really showing how pride and other pitfalls can come up even for some of those who try to follow the teachings. It kind of smacks of other problems. Any time we look that much at others we may very well be taking our eyes off of God in a major way.

Dec 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: As with all things, some people take things to extreme. Scrupulosity for example. Some people ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

As with all things, some people take things to extreme. Scrupulosity for example.

Some people want to completely trust in God to "plan" their family. I take my hat off to them for having so much trust. That is what everyone used to do all the time.

NFP is moral, it is fine to employ it if you have just reason, which no one but the couple and their confessors could actually know, so Mind YOur Own Business is what I would say to all these people.

In this day and age that a couple is not artificially contracepting, and employing NFP as their methodology, and using it with good counsel and communication and good counsel is the very best we can hope for. That they want to abstain from the marital relations I think is totally their own business and privilege to use as they see fit, when they see fit.

If others want to trust God even more than that, they are free to. But they need not berate others.

Use some of that energy to confront those who are contracepting where the real harm is taking place, is what I would say....

--hide--

Thanks Pat for your post.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

Well....I am not sure about other people.....but I see a lot of multiples.....families with twins, triplets, quads.....so the question may not be any more....nfp...it is...can you get pregnant?

Posts 11 - 13 of 13