Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 11th 2012 new

brief repost.. I did not first catch the 'vacation' deal... and in more context it sounds like he thinks you fell off a turnip truck . I'd not give this any more of my time.

Nov 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Jayne-891486 said: After meeting at a CM event, we met in my home town for a week long visit with both in separate sleeping accomo...
(Quote) Jayne-891486 said:

After meeting at a CM event, we met in my home town for a week long visit with both in separate sleeping accomodations. His brief stay was absolutely complete in every way. We had so much in common and had a fabulous time. He is kind, considerate, and loving. He met my family, we went to Mass together, participated in sight seeing and hiking, and walked together everyday. We made sure that time was made for serious conversation every night. We both understood that much time would be taken with this relationship and we would see others. Yes, he was everything I had ever hoped for. The connection was instant. He is divorced and is in the process of annulment, with all paperwork submitted. This is where the "but" is inserted into this "ideal" romance. His ex-wife has had considerable mental problems for years but is slowly getting better. He spoke of recently staying with her for a few days when he needed lodging. He spoke of them recently traveling together to a wedding and a speaking event that was presented by their son. He spoke of them eating out periodically. He also has planned an extensive vacation for them both this month. His reasoning for these activities with his ex is that he wants to leave the state in the spring and ease his way out of her life, as he has cared for her for many years. After praying about this and laying my concerns at the church altar, I told him I did not want to communicate with him any longer because I believe the connection with his ex-wife is and will come between us. My heart is broken. Should I have given this relationship more time before making such a final decision?

--hide--

Nope in my opinion though I've never been in that situation before, He it seems almost wants to keep her as his "backup plan" Or he could be using you as the back up plan while trying to reconcile with his ex wife. Maybe his intentions are just that to ease out of her life however it seems to me theres a trend toward more of an easing back into her daily life. SO yes you made a good decision to steer clear great decision to before things got too serious.
Posts 11 - 12 of 12