Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

11/29/2012 new

(Quote) Duane-917052 said: Cynthia, If the guy is not a paying member, but is sending you emotigrams, and cannot see a retur...
(Quote) Duane-917052 said:

Cynthia, If the guy is not a paying member, but is sending you emotigrams, and cannot see a return message, then send him an emoticon that he can see. That might inspire him to pay up and join CM. If he is serious, and sees you respond with an emoticon, it might help. Duane

--hide--

FIRST POST ALERT!

Welcome to the Forums Duane. Post often so we can all get to know you. And best of luck to you in your search.

11/29/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: when I first signed up for CM years ago you could tell someone read your message and was just choosing t...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: when I first signed up for CM years ago you could tell someone read your message and was just choosing to ignore you. That was almost worse because then you knew they were rejecting you instead of wondering if they weren't a paid member or some other logical reason you did not receive a reply....
--hide--

Orrrrr....They sent you the canned 'Not Interested' message that was like a slap in the face.. weeping

11/29/2012 new

(Quote) Ronald-846788 said: Dave, I have the same Problem I think both member has to purchase subscription , I recieve Emoti...
(Quote) Ronald-846788 said:

Dave, I have the same Problem I think both member has to purchase subscription , I recieve Emotigram from the opposite member even two times from the same member but whwn i sen the personal message I think they canot see our message,this is so unfair to the paid member most of the dating site only one member has to be a member in order to communicate with each other, I thought this is a Christian site to help ,looks like this is like any other site interest in bussines, I am paid member by the way.

thanks Ronald.

--hide--

I've been a free member on a lot of sites and had to be a paid member to read any messages.. On Match dot Com you can't even see who viewed you without paying..

CM is a BUSINESS that trys to bring Catholics together for marriage and community..

11/29/2012 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Orrrrr....They sent you the canned 'Not Interested' message that was like a slap in ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Orrrrr....They sent you the canned 'Not Interested' message that was like a slap in the face..

--hide--
Now they just "Close Communication" on you...ouch..... sad sad sad sad
11/29/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Now they just "Close Communication" on you...ouch.....
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Now they just "Close Communication" on you...ouch.....
--hide--

The funny thing is I rarely notice if they've Closed Communication unless I need to go back and look for someting else..

11/29/2012 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: The funny thing is I rarely notice if they've Closed Communication unless I need to go b...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

The funny thing is I rarely notice if they've Closed Communication unless I need to go back and look for someting else..

--hide--

I know but it is still a bit rude...lol
12/19/2012 new

I'm finding that I don't get responses because I'm sending messages to "members" who are not paying for subscriptions. They can't even read the messages. Instead they are locating me on the free sites and following up with me there so I know that is the situation. There just aren't as many members as it seems at first.

I've asked CM why they don't designate members who are eligible to send/receive messages vs. members who are not so that we would know if a person is even capable of reading a message before we take the time to send one. Unfortunately, CM did not respond to me. Maybe if they hear from more members they would consider making a simple change to this site to improve the overall experience for their paying customers.

12/19/2012 new

(Quote) Amie-922461 said: I'm finding that I don't get responses because I'm sending messages to "members&q...
(Quote) Amie-922461 said:

I'm finding that I don't get responses because I'm sending messages to "members" who are not paying for subscriptions. They can't even read the messages. Instead they are locating me on the free sites and following up with me there so I know that is the situation. There just aren't as many members as it seems at first.

I've asked CM why they don't designate members who are eligible to send/receive messages vs. members who are not so that we would know if a person is even capable of reading a message before we take the time to send one. Unfortunately, CM did not respond to me. Maybe if they hear from more members they would consider making a simple change to this site to improve the overall experience for their paying customers.

--hide--

The problem is that the change you are suggesting only improves the experience from one perspective. There are been many relationships and marriages that started when a paying member sent a non-paying member a message and the latter subscribed to read it. Had the paying member known the other person could not read the message, it might never have been sent.

Keep in mind that CM is a business -- they need paying members to continue operating. I don't think it is at all unreasonable for them to take advantage of human curiosity to increase their revenue (referring to legitimate messages sent my other members; I am not suggesting that they plant messages to entice people to subscribe or advocating that they do so.)

12/19/2012 new

Hi Jerry,

If a paying member is REALLY interested in a non-paying member, they could certainly say, "Hey, I'd really like you to sign up so we can chat!" And that could be accomplished by CM adding an option that is "INVITE MEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE" just like you have options to invite members to add photos, etc.

This is an area of dissatisfaction for many of your customers. And there certainly is a very simple solution that would satisfy your paying customers and still result in your paying members encouraging others to subscribe... so still gaining CM more revenue which seems to be the real sticking point!

But once we've paid for the subscription, we're stuck so customer service just doesn't seem to matter. The number of posts and the poll speak very clearly!

12/19/2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Not receiving a reply is usually the best indicator that they are not going to answer. Whether ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Not receiving a reply is usually the best indicator that they are not going to answer. Whether they actually read your message or not is really irrelevant.

Because here is how your suggestion will end-up working (feel free to disagree):

If people knew that you would receive a notification that your message was opened that would only result in fewer messages being read, because the recipient would look at your profile and decide whether she's interested in you before she even reads your message. If she decides she's interested, she'll read your message and use the notification of her doing so as a means to indicate her interest rather than sending a reply. If she decides that, by looking at your profile, that she isn't interested, your message will go straight into the trash without being read.

Anyone disagree with that assertion?

--hide--

Victor, I agree

Posts 41 - 50 of 58