Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Ignoring Emotigrams

11/06/2012 new

I am just a short termer here on CM, but I try to make it a point to respond to emotigrams i receive. I often send a thank you and sometimes an 'i am praying for you' to people.

I am amazed that some, who i know have seen emotigrams from me--a simple 'hello' or an 'i am praying for you'--do not even respond.

Even if I am 'as homely as a freight car' i can't believe some can just ignore the well wishes of another. Perhaps their parents never taught them that it is not nice to ignore someone who says hello to you. But we are supposed to be a Christian forum (CATHOLIC).

It just seems to me a rather striking lack of courtesy. I would not have expected that from some who claim to be all for their Catholic faith.

One thing it shows: that is not someone you would care to be involved with!!

eyepopping

11/06/2012 new

I am with you on this one.

Oh by the way, you might actually stir the hornets nest with your thread as a similar topic ruffled feathers in this Catholic site just recently. And that thread was put to rest by pushing it to be locked instead of making it a forum to find ways to address the pressing dilemma.

11/06/2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I am with you on this one. Oh by the way, you might actually stir the hornets nest with ...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

I am with you on this one.

Oh by the way, you might actually stir the hornets nest with your thread as a similar topic ruffled feathers in this Catholic site just recently. And that thread was put to rest by pushing it to be locked instead of making it a forum to find ways to address the pressing dilemma.

--hide--

Well, not likely, except for the fact that at least one other thread about this same topic is "live".

11/06/2012 new

(Quote) John-904878 said: I am just a short termer here on CM, but I try to make it a point to respond to emotigrams i recei...
(Quote) John-904878 said:

I am just a short termer here on CM, but I try to make it a point to respond to emotigrams i receive. I often send a thank you and sometimes an 'i am praying for you' to people.

I am amazed that some, who i know have seen emotigrams from me--a simple 'hello' or an 'i am praying for you'--do not even respond.

Even if I am 'as homely as a freight car' i can't believe some can just ignore the well wishes of another. Perhaps their parents never taught them that it is not nice to ignore someone who says hello to you. But we are supposed to be a Christian forum (CATHOLIC).

It just seems to me a rather striking lack of courtesy. I would not have expected that from some who claim to be all for their Catholic faith.

--hide--

Question: you're talking about ignored emotes. Are you including messages in these emotes, and are you also sending messages?

You posted this thread in the Community Help room... are you a paid member? It would answer a lot of your questions.

theheart

11/06/2012 new

I usually send a thankyou emotigram back just to show appreciation!:)

11/06/2012 new

Hi John, I completely agree with you, it is rude and inconsiderate of some CM members that don't respond to simple emotigrams, it definitely shows a lack of courtesy even if to say thank you but I'm not interested.

11/06/2012 new

(Quote) Nessa-101876 said: I usually send a thankyou emotigram back just to show appreciation!:)
(Quote) Nessa-101876 said:

I usually send a thankyou emotigram back just to show appreciation!:)

--hide--
Nessa, you are among the few who does. Nice to know some members still remember their basic GMRC.

11/06/2012 new

Well I think that emotigrams can be a little confusing for people (especially if there is no message). I think some people don't want to reply out of fear of accidently leading some one on that they are interested in a releationship with them (e.g. they might already be talking to someone else). It is unfortunate that people might not be comfortable or able to comunicate as friends on here, but it is an understandable situation. I think it is a good idea not to take things too personally on her in response to the lack of response. I know sometimes I get so busy that I don't have time to check on her and respond to everything consistantly and don't always want to start too many conversations that I will feel responsible to keep up when I have no time. I don't know, I send comments to a lot of people who don't respond but I just figure it is not the right time for them to do so and continue on (:

"And mine, O Brother of my soul,
When my release shall come;
Thy gentle arms shall lift me then,
Thy wings shall waft me home."

by Cardinal Newman

11/07/2012 new

First forum's post alert!

Welcome to the Forum, John. We are glad that you join us here and do post often.

I think being honest is still the best and being a forgiving Catholic is honourable. They don't reply to your emotigrams, perhaps they are being cautious or they are not real profiles. Recently I often received some emotigrams from some profiles and the next day or a few days later, the profiles have gone. The profiles look like scammers.

God bless you.

(Quote) John-904878 said: I am just a short termer here on CM, but I try to make it a point to respond to emotigrams i recei...
(Quote) John-904878 said:

--hide--

11/07/2012 new

I think the ones who reply even if they are unable to communicate further are really courteous and sweet. I do reply to all, trying to be gentle when I have to say I am not interested and wishing the guy the very best here on CM.

I totally agree John, we are a Catholic site and hence we should a WWJD attitude and not a worldly one and therefore a nice hello, no thank you is definetely in order

Posts 1 - 10 of 48