Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 7th 2012 new

COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE JOHN

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Casey-637092 said: COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE JOHN
(Quote) Casey-637092 said:

COULDNT AGREE WITH YOU MORE JOHN

--hide--

+1

If I'm not interested I just reply with a thank you that's the least required.

Nov 10th 2012 new

[quote]John-904878 said:

Even if I am 'as homely as a freight car' i can't believe some can just ignore the well wishes of another.

You are not homely brother. Put a smiley picture on.

Nov 10th 2012 new

Good Morning John,

You are not homely as a freight car. I read your post with interest because:

I do not know yet what all the emotigrams mean.

I find your comment a wee bit harsh because the emotigram seems to be a quick hello similar to a text - my 16 year old always has to have the last word. Are you not comfortable with saying hello to someone and wishing them well and not expecting a response? We all need postiive reinforcemnet but maybe that person you "greeted" is overwhelmed. You comment had a ring of "I am doing something expecting a return."

Again you are not homely as a freight car and I hope your neighborhood didn't get slammed too hard by Sandy.

Best,

Margaret

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Josephine-611497 said: I think the ones who reply even if they are unable to communicate further are really courteou...
(Quote) Josephine-611497 said:

I think the ones who reply even if they are unable to communicate further are really courteous and sweet. I do reply to all, trying to be gentle when I have to say I am not interested and wishing the guy the very best here on CM.

I totally agree John, we are a Catholic site and hence we should a WWJD attitude and not a worldly one and therefore a nice hello, no thank you is definetely in order

--hide--

CM doesn't have a "no thank you" emotigram. It should, in the interest of good customer service and the WWJD value, but it doesn't.

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) John-727073 said: CM doesn't have a "no thank you" emotigram. It should, in the interest of go...
(Quote) John-727073 said:

CM doesn't have a "no thank you" emotigram. It should, in the interest of good customer service and the WWJD value, but it doesn't.

--hide--

There used to be a "not interested" reply template, but was removed some time ago.

theheart

Nov 10th 2012 new
I agree that at least an acknowledgement is nice. Not every time someone sends an emotigram or a message are they looking for something more than friendly conversation. I'm not saying that we all aren't here hoping to make a connection but at times good conversation can be made without the expectation of something more.
Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Teresa-771878 said: Well I think that emotigrams can be a little confusing for people (especially if there is no mes...
(Quote) Teresa-771878 said:

Well I think that emotigrams can be a little confusing for people (especially if there is no message). I think some people don't want to reply out of fear of accidently leading some one on that they are interested in a releationship with them (e.g. they might already be talking to someone else). It is unfortunate that people might not be comfortable or able to comunicate as friends on here, but it is an understandable situation. I think it is a good idea not to take things too personally on her in response to the lack of response. I know sometimes I get so busy that I don't have time to check on her and respond to everything consistantly and don't always want to start too many conversations that I will feel responsible to keep up when I have no time. I don't know, I send comments to a lot of people who don't respond but I just figure it is not the right time for them to do so and continue on (:

"And mine, O Brother of my soul,
When my release shall come;
Thy gentle arms shall lift me then,
Thy wings shall waft me home."

by Cardinal Newman

--hide--
We pause to say, "Welcome to CM's forums, Teresa." We hope you will continue to browse through the various topics and express your thoughts and opinions. The fora is a good place to gain insight, knowledge and to share experiences -- both your own and that of others. It's also a good place to get acquainted.

Now....regarding the issue of seemingly ignored emotigrams.....This is a topic that comes up often, and there is no firm resolution to what people perceive as a problem. Reasons for not responding to an emotigram are varied. Sometimes there's absolutely no interest but a person doesn't want to lead another person on. This thinking process might be flawed, but there is no intention of being rude. Sometimes "life" gets in the way, and people get preoccupied. Some don't check this site regularly. A number of people are unpaid members and can't send messages.

Giving the benefit of the doubt, I don't think that not responding is an intentional act of rudeness. It would be kind to respond, to be sure. I'm behind in acknowledging some emotes and messages, caused by the need to devote time to other commitments. There's no intention to be impolite.

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) John-904878 said: I am just a short termer here on CM, but I try to make it a point to respond to emotigrams i recei...
(Quote) John-904878 said:

I am just a short termer here on CM, but I try to make it a point to respond to emotigrams i receive. I often send a thank you and sometimes an 'i am praying for you' to people.

I am amazed that some, who i know have seen emotigrams from me--a simple 'hello' or an 'i am praying for you'--do not even respond.

Even if I am 'as homely as a freight car' i can't believe some can just ignore the well wishes of another. Perhaps their parents never taught them that it is not nice to ignore someone who says hello to you. But we are supposed to be a Christian forum (CATHOLIC).

It just seems to me a rather striking lack of courtesy. I would not have expected that from some who claim to be all for their Catholic faith.

One thing it shows: that is not someone you would care to be involved with!!

John, it appears as if people on other christian dating sites are much more well mannered than this one. I am not the first person to say this. This site at times makes you feel like a leper. It is very sad and depressing.

--hide--

Nov 10th 2012 new

feel like a leper on this site

Posts 11 - 20 of 48