Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 12th 2012 new

I'm so sorry Donna that you have received such a treatment. Perhaps they forgot that they were facing real people.

God bless you.

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: (Quote) John-806187 said: Hi John, I completely agree with you, it is rude ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Quote:
John-806187 said:

Hi John, I completely agree with you, it is rude and inconsiderate of some CM members that don't respond to simple emotigrams, it definitely shows a lack of courtesy even if to say thank you but I'm not interested.

This is very harsh and judgemental of you John.. I have gotten not interested messages and they sometimes make me cry.. I am NEVER thankful to get a not interested because they usually make me feel unwanted.. I would much prefer to get silence if someone isn't interested. But I always reply to every message I get.. I usually will correspond with them briefly and then they move on to someone else. I see nothing wrong with being nice and writing back even if it's to someone I'm not especially interested in.

--hide--

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Josephine-611497 said: Yes I do agree on the "no thank you" emotigram. So that we are clear in...
(Quote) Josephine-611497 said:

Yes I do agree on the "no thank you" emotigram. So that we are clear in our messages and not giving any false hope yet we are courteous and gentle

--hide--

Thank you. :)

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Josephine-611497 said: Yes I do agree on the "no thank you" emotigram. So that we are clear in...
(Quote) Josephine-611497 said:

Yes I do agree on the "no thank you" emotigram. So that we are clear in our messages and not giving any false hope yet we are courteous and gentle

--hide--

Josephine - Obviously, CM is a business. What would you think of having the "thank you" emotigram be available to non-members. However, a "No Thank You" emotigram would be available for members. A non-member clicking on the "No Thank You" sees a sign that reads "For subscribers only" or something similar. Do you feel that this would increase the rolls of the CM membership with more people who communicate better or not? Just curious. :)

Nov 12th 2012 new

If you want to meet people on CM, they key is to get active on the forums and/or in the chatrooms.

It also helps to post photos and to widen the geographic scope of your search.

Try these things and you may find what a wonderful resource this online community can be.

Nov 12th 2012 new

i would answer an emotigram with an emotigram. it does not hurt anyone to be receptive to a short and sweet acknowledgement of friendliness. at this point, if he is a non paid member and he wants to take the chance to become a member to send a message. but he has to remember the rules on cm. he might not get a message back. on cm this happens a lot. this is a chance we all take.

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) John-727073 said: Josephine - Obviously, CM is a business. What would you think of having the "thank yo...
(Quote) John-727073 said:

Josephine - Obviously, CM is a business. What would you think of having the "thank you" emotigram be available to non-members. However, a "No Thank You" emotigram would be available for members. A non-member clicking on the "No Thank You" sees a sign that reads "For subscribers only" or something similar. Do you feel that this would increase the rolls of the CM membership with more people who communicate better or not? Just curious. :)

--hide--

John: It is always nice to be clear in the message we receive and send out. Although this is not always the case. It is also never easy to turn someone down. Although I thought before that the 'no thank you' emoticon is great, I am still wondering what would be the most dignified, clear and gentle way to say it. On a more positive note, it would be great to think of all the great ways we can reply to a message from someone we like, after all we are all here to meet someone... My point of view at least biggrin

Nov 25th 2012 new

I hear you, John. It's even worse when you take the time to send out a thoughtful message and nothing comes back. It would help to at least tell me you're not interested.

Nov 25th 2012 new

(Quote) John-904878 said: I am just a short termer here on CM, but I try to make it a point to respond to emotigrams i recei...
(Quote) John-904878 said:

I am just a short termer here on CM, but I try to make it a point to respond to emotigrams i receive. I often send a thank you and sometimes an 'i am praying for you' to people.

I am amazed that some, who i know have seen emotigrams from me--a simple 'hello' or an 'i am praying for you'--do not even respond.

Even if I am 'as homely as a freight car' i can't believe some can just ignore the well wishes of another. Perhaps their parents never taught them that it is not nice to ignore someone who says hello to you. But we are supposed to be a Christian forum (CATHOLIC).

It just seems to me a rather striking lack of courtesy. I would not have expected that from some who claim to be all for their Catholic faith.

One thing it shows: that is not someone you would care to be involved with!!

--hide--

Agreed, John ... it shows a clear lack of manners ... time to pick up the pieces and move on. All the best to you!

heart

Posts 41 - 48 of 48