Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 22nd 2012 new

John-746882 said: On this beautiful Thanksgiving Day in America, I thank Our Lady of America for her intentions for our country. I thank God for giving us such a wonderful Mother. I picked my niece up at the airport yesterday as she is home for this Thanksgiving from college. In the car I told her about Our Lady of America, and she was energized. She said let's write a letter to the Bishop. Maybe the youth will see how great a gift she is to us. Maybe they will be the spark we need. "Wishing everyone a beautiful Thanksgiving......all thanks and glory to the Almighty!" - George Washington. Our Lady of America, pray for us."

John, I am sure your niece is much loved by Our Blessed Mother, MARY! I am entering this post for her and for all the CM members to get this Message of Our Lady of America to the youth...'Torchbearers of the Queen'.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

On February 11, 1958, Sister Mildred wrote in her diary:

"Our Lady made known to me that she is particularly interested in
the youth of our nation. It is they who are to be the leaders of this renewal on
the face of the earth. Their ranks will be swelled by the youth of other nations
whom Our Lady also calls to help in the accomplishment of this great
renewal.

"But the youth must be prepared, and this must be done by
instilling into them, not only the knowledge of Divine Indwelling, but a serious
study of it, a living it in such way that the Divine Presence becomes, as it
were, an intimate and necessary part of their life and daily living. From this
will flow a great love, a conflagration that will envelop the world in the
flames of Divine Charity. This is what Our Lady is working for, because this is
the great desire of her Divine Son, and it is to the YOUTH
of America
that she is holding out this challenge. A medal which Our

Lady asked to be made is to be their shield against evil; the picture or statue
of Our Lady, the protection of the home; the statue in the Shrine in Washington,
D.C., a special safeguard for our country. America, the United States in
particular, is being given the tremendous, yet privileged, opportunity to lead
all nations in a spiritual renewal never before so necessary, so important, so vital." LET'S STOP OUR DELAYING HE LOVES US SO MUCH
God is sending us His and Our Holy Mother!
REFORMATION OF LIFE is needed.
please see first post how to help

Sister Mildred then wrote: "St. Michael came to me one evening
shortly after Our Lady's visit, holding an immense flaming torch. He held it
towards me saying: 'My little sister,
you must carry this torch through the world.'
He
came again the next night in the same manner.

"The next day I was interiorly enlightened during Mass. It was made
known to me that those, particularly the youth, who are willing wholeheartedly
to follow Our Lady in her great battle against evil, would bear the special
title of 'Torchbearers of the Queen'. This torch, of course, is Divine Love, for
it is love alone that will conquer hate and all that hate brings with it."

A 300-pound statue of Our Lady of America has been travelling the
U.S.A. and many parts of the world, including the underground Church in China.
In 1993, this statue was carried by the "Torchbearers of the Queen" Youth Group
from Colfax, California, to the World Youth Day in Denver, Colorado. The statue
has since traveled to World Youth Days in the Philippines, France, Rome, and
more recently, Toronto, Canada, in July, 2002.

Nov 23rd 2012 new

Could the CM family rally and help call the priest for Life Tel. 888-735-3448, (718) 980-4400 • Fax 718-980-6515

Dear Fr. Pavone, If you REALLY want a quick victory in the Defense of Life help promote Our Lady of America, Can you have the Our Lady of America Statue (contact Fr. Barrett or Fr. Bernard at Catholic Familyland), carried in Solemn procession for permanant residence in Her Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, In Washington, D.C. with our American Bishops.

below is what was sent on a (blog?) to...

Most Reverend Daniel R. Jenky, CSC, We the laity want to fulfill Our Blessed Mother Mary's request to have her Statue of Our Lady of America carried in solemn procession and residing permanently at the Immaculate Conception Shrine in Washington, D.C.

Messages...to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil),

Aug 1957

The Blessed Virgin said; "What am I to do, child of my heart, when my children turn from me? The false peace of this world lures them and in the end will destroy them. They think they have done enough in consecrating themselves to my Immaculate Heart. It is not enough. That which I ask for and is most important many have not given me. What I ask, have asked, and will continue to ask is reformation of life. There must be sanctification from within. I will work my miracles of grace only in those who ask for them and empty their souls of the love and attachment to sin and all that is displeasing to my Son. Souls who cling to sin cannot have their hands free to receive the treasures of grace that I hold out to them."

On the morning of November 15, 1956, Our Lady taught me this little prayer:
"By thy Holy and Immaculate Conception, O Mary, deliver us from evil.
Our Lady then asked me to draw a picture of her first appearance. She also requested a statue made according to this likeness and placed, after being solemnly carried in procession, in the Shrine of The Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. She wishes to be honored there in a special way as Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin..."Tell the Bishops of the United Stares, my loyal sons, of my desires and how I wish them to be carried out. Through him who is head over you, make known the longings of my Immaculate Heart to establish the reign of my Divine Son in the hearts of men and thus save them from the scourge of heaven, both now and hereafter."
Our Lady, again addressing herself to me, spoke sadly yet hopefully:
"My daughter, will my children in America listen to my pleadings and console my Immaculate Heart? Will my loyal sons carry our my desires and thus help me bring the peace of Christ once again to mankind?

The Blessed Virgin Mary has promised that her statue as Our Lady of America once placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception would be a safeguard for our country, and her picture or statue honored in all homes, a safeguard for the family. She also promised that the medal would be a safeguard against evil for those who wear it with great faith and devotion.

Our Lady of America has requested that the U.S. return to purity and lead the world to peace.

The Blessed Virgin Mary wishes to be honored in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at Washington D.C. as Our Lady of America. Our Lady says that if this is done, the United States of America would turn back toward morality and the shrine would become a place of "wonders."

"It is the United States THAT IS TO LEAD THE WORLD TO PEACE, the peace of Christ, the peace that He brought with Him from heaven," Sister Mary Ephrem quoted The Virgin as saying. "Dear children, unless the United States accepts and carries out faithfully THE MANDATE GIVEN TO IT BY HEAVEN to lead the world to peace, there will come upon it and all nations a great havoc of war and incredible suffering. If, however, the United States is faithful to this mandate from heaven and yet fails in the pursuit of peace because the rest of the world will not accept or cooperate, then the United States will not be burdened with the punishment about to fall."

Isn't it interesting that Our Lady calls this a MANDATE, given to (the U.S.), by heaven, and we are striving to respond to Her request at a time when another mandate from our Pres. has been placed on Our Church!?
Please have her Statue of Our Lady of America carried in solemn procession and placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to safeguard our country?!

Requesting help... How many know about Our Lady of America? The Blessed Virgin Mary has promised that her statue as Our Lady of America once placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception would be a safeguard for our country, and her picture or statue honored in all homes, a safeguard for the family. She also promised that the medal would be a safeguard against evil for those who wear it with great faith and devotion.

Our Lady of America has requested that the U.S. return to purity and lead the world to peace.

The Blessed Virgin Mary wishes to be honored in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at Washington D.C. as Our Lady of America. Our Lady says that if this is done, the United States of America would turn back toward morality and the shrine would become a place of "wonders."
Can we NOW all work on this, requesting our Bishops (with signature drives in our parishes, any other ideas?) to have her Statue of Our Lady of America placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to safeguard for our country. Contact Archbishop Wuerl google the Archdioce of Washington D.C. he has jurisdiction of the Immaculate Conception Shrine.

This devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of Our Lady of America enjoys complete canonical approval through former Archbishop of Cincinnati, OH, the late Paul Francis Leibold. Through his written correspondence and public actions, Archbishop Leibold approved for public devotion this private apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil).

Furthermore, many other Bishops have also shown their approval by their promotion of this devotion. The Most Reverend Raymond L. Burke, Archbishop of Saint Louis, a world renowned canon lawyer, issued a letter opinion on Our Lady of America. In his letter dated May 31, 2007, he reviews the history of Our Lady of America and the actions of Archbishop Leibold approving this devotion.

From Archbishop Burke: (Now he is Cardinal Burke, prefect of the Apostolic Signatura)

"What can be concluded canonically is that the devotion was both approved by Archbishop Leibold and, what is more, was actively promoted by him. In addition, over the years, other Bishops have approved the devotion and have participated in public devotion to the Mother of God, under the title of Our Lady of America."
Canonical Approval
As such, devotion to Our Lady of America had been completely and fully canonically approved by Archbishop Leibold and confirmed by other bishops, leaving no question about the status of this apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil) which began 1956.For the full text of Archbishop Burke's letter CONTACT http://www.ourladyofamerica.org (Catholicfamily land). Please Bishop, in the light of history, it seems a sin of pride that Louis XIV did not respond, I pray it doesn't happen to us if we wait any longer,
It is a simple lesson.

It occurred in June 1689, when Saint Margaret Mary Alacoque received The Sacred Heart devotion and message from Our Lord. St. Margaret Mary wrote,

“He desires, then, it seems to me, to enter with pomp and splendor into
the palaces of princes and kings. He wants to be honored there as much
as He was outraged, contemned, and humiliated in His Passion;
and to receive as much pleasure at seeing the great ones of the Earth
abased and humiliated before Him as He felt bitterness at seeing Himself
spurned at their feet. Here are the words I heard with regard to our king [Louis XIV]:

‘Make known to the eldest son of My Sacred Heart that,
as his temporal birth was obtained by devotion to My Holy Infancy,
so will he obtain his birth into grace and eternal glory
by consecrating himself to My adorable Heart. It wants to triumph
over his and, through him, over the hearts of the great ones of the Earth.
It wants to Reign in his palace, be painted on his standards, and engraved
on his arms, so that they may be victorious over all his enemies.
It wants to bring low these proud and stubborn heads and make him
triumphant over all the enemies of holy Church.’ ”

King Louis XIV — better known as the “sun king” for his world-renowned pomp, ceremony and glamour — did nothing when he was given the message through his confessor. Louis was too proud to believe that the Lord had given a humble nun a message for him to implement: that the Sacred Heart be emblazoned as the Coat of Arms for all of France’s nobility.

One hundred years after the king failed to heed this message, his grandson, Louis XVI, lost the throne of France in the masonic revolution.

The consequences for not taking seriously the requests of the Lord are severe.

Nine years after the King refused to accept the devotion the the Sacred Hear of Jesus, in a second war against the Netherlands, France was defeated. Then came the war of the Spanish Succession, in which France was defeated again. Finally, impoverished by war, the nation fell into a state of economic crisis which ended in the debacle of the French revolution.
All this failed to move the spiritually lukewarm king. His son, Louis XV, also did not respond. And exactly 100 years after the Sacred Heart's request was ignored, in 1789 came the French revolution which destroyed the monarchy and set the stage for worldwide disasters.
follow the example of the king of France in delaying the execution of My demand, they will also have to follow him into misfortune.”

While he was in jail, Louis XVI, the grandson of Louis XIV who originally received the demand from Jesus to place the Image of the Lord’s Sacred Heart on all of France’s Coat of Arms, tried desperately to conform to God’s desire. He consecrated the nation of France to the Sacred Heart while in prison.

But it was too late!!! It was to late and there was no public pomp and ceremony to attend the consecration that was asked.

Let's not let the same be true of Mary’s request, Let's not let it be said that ,The hierarchy of the Church in the U.S. failed to heed the request Our of Lady of America for as Cardinal Dolan put it, ..We (the bishops), work at giving our people good examples of humble,
repentant pastors, aware of our own personal and corporate sins, (was Cardinal Dolan speaking of the abuse scandals and the scandals of helping promote and give money for contraception?... Inviting Pres. O. to the Al Smith dinner but not acceding to the request of Our Blessed Mother under the title of Our Lady of American to be carried in Solemn procession and permanantly residing in Her Shrine, The National Shrine of Of Lady of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC.) the Cardinal goes on to say, constantly
responding to the call of Jesus to interior conversion." Please Bishop Jenky ask your Brother Bishops to fulfill our Lady's request let's not let what happened to France happen to Our Beloved Country the United States of America! God Bless you and Our Blessed Mother, Mary keep you Bishop! Fr. Pavone can you make this a reality it maybe that God's Mother wants to use YOU!

Received this from Catholic Familyland, Also, because you called the other day about this, I wanted to forward to you a link to a petition effort for Our Lady of America to be processed by the Bishops.

jkmi.com

Please help to honor Our Lady of America’s request for her statue to be solemnly processed and placed in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. Please print out the Petition, sign it and print your name and address, copy and distribute it, adding lines as necessary, and mail the completed Petitions to Dan Lynch, 144 Sheldon Road, St. Albans, VT 05478 or fax the completed Petitions to 802-524-5673. Also please distribute the Petition as widely as possible on the internet. Petition for the Solemn Procession and Placement of the Statue of Our Lady of America in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception

To: The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops;
Most Reverend Leonard P Blair, Bishop of the Diocese of Toledo, Ohio;
Msgr. Walter R. Rossi, Rector of the Basilica of the National Shrine of the
Immaculate Conception

Your Excellencies:

With filial love, we the faithful wish to humbly petition you to arrange for the Solemn Procession and Placement of the Statue of Our Lady of America in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception and to honor her there in a special way as “Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin”.

Our Lady requested this and promised that the placement of her statue in the National Shrine would be a safeguard for our country. Therefore, it is our prayer that the Holy Spirit will guide you to honor this Petition.

Petitions are one means of seeking action to honor Our Lady. Both Pope Pius IX and Pope Pius XII referred to the petitions of the faithful as one of the criteria that led them to the final acts of papally defining the Marian dogmas of the Immaculate Conception and the Assumption.

Respectfully submitted:
Name (Signature and Print) and Address: (You may use columns and take to your Parishes for signature drives with Pastors approval...).

Print Your Name Signature Address

Then sent to Dan Lynch
144 Sheldon Road • St. Albans, VT 05478 • Phone: 802-524-5350 • Fax: 802-524-5673 • Email:jkmi@jkmi.com

God bless you for helping fulfill Our Lady of America's request! theheart

eI recee.org

Nov 24th 2012 new

wave Requesting all CM members to ask

Jeanne F. Monahan, President, March for Life
to have Our Lady of America's Statue solemnly processed
and brought to the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to
be housed there permanently with all the Bishops that will
be in attendance as well as all the laity that will be there for
the
40th March for Life to be held on the National Mall on
January 25, 2013.

Jeanne F. Monahan

President, March for Life Education and Defense Fund

Phone: 202-635-5472

Email: jeannemonahan@marchforlife.org

This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

Twitter: @jeannemfl

theheart May Our Lady of America Reward you for helping to fulfill Her Request! theheart

Dec 3rd 2012 new

wave More news to pass on, and I asked for YOUR HELP! If you are reading this you have been called to and that by Divine Providence. Please pray for Our Lady of America's request to be fulfilled. You can find the prayer to Her in the Prayer Forum under Prayer for Our Beloved Country.

This week a person of distinction, known for holiness of life, who will be unnamed, is being ask what in prudence we can do to to bring this about, again, please pray for us to receive direction and succeed in making Her request a reality. How many times have we ask for favors from heaven and received them, how about just for being born and being a Catholic, let alone the gift to receive HIM in the Eucharist! Should we not return the favor by answering Her request, it is such a small one?!
Then watch Her aid Our Country! If you consider yourself a Patriotic Person how could you ignore Heavens own plan to aid Our ailing Country through a Power that is never Conquered! Let's not ignore Our Lady's request especially when such a special grace is bestowed on Our Own Beloved Country, Devotion to Our Lady of America! theheart

It is interesting that Our Lady calls this a MANDATE, given to (the U.S.A.), by heaven, and we are striving to respond to Her request at a time when another mandate from our Pres. has been placed on Our Church!?
Please pray to have Her Statue of Our Lady of America carried in solemn procession and housed forever in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to safeguard our country!

The Blessed Virgin Mary has promised that her statue as Our Lady of America once placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception would be a safeguard for our country, and her picture or statue honored in all homes, a safeguard for the family. She also promised that the medal would be a safeguard against evil for those who wear it with great faith and devotion.

Please visit the Forum, Prayer for Our Beloved Country and join us in this intention with prayer to Our Lady of America. God Bless

Dec 5th 2012 new
In the Culture and Current Events forum this is truly the only thread that gives me hope. There seems to be no end to argument. Granted, the truth must be defended, but I think now there is a better way, and Our Lady of America is pointing us to it. Think about the awesomeness of what she has done for us Americans in this apparition. I pray that there are people in here who will take the time to read what she said. Think about her title. What a gift! Our Lady of America! America! How did we come to be so fortunate to be graced like this? What an opportunity for us! www.ourladyofamerica.org
Dec 9th 2012 new

You have a true love of our Catholic religion and I agree, the Church will undergo major tests over the next several years. I also believe other denominations will be watching closely as the government tries to stop religious freedom. I will continue to pray as well for all of our elected officials. It makes it difficult when there are Catholics in politics that don't uphold their own faith, but bend with the party lines or only use the faith when it is convenient.

Dec 9th 2012 new

"I also believe other denominations will be watching closely... "

This is a major factor in American political-religious life I didn't appreciate until a few years ago, in 2008. You'll recall that leaders of the various larger religions were kow-towing to curry favor with the then-new president-elect. The event at the time was that the president was going to Notre Dame to receive a medal for recognition. "The Baptists didn't stand up to him. I wonder if the Catholics will?," said a Southern Baptist friend of mine. After the medal was received, she later commented, "I guess the Catholics aren't going to stand up to him, so who will?"

I asked her what she meant by that? She informed me that the faith-believing Christians of Protestant denominations look up to the Catholics as speaking for all of Christianity. I had not heard that so I asked a Baptist friend in another state and she said the same thing, that, yes, other Christian denominations look up to the Catholic as a kind of front-leading representative for all Christians.

In light of the thread that started this post ... one of the better aspects of life after this election will be to wake up us Catholics into a deep awareness that more people are listening to us than those who sit in our pews.

Dec 9th 2012 new

Interesting that the Southern Baptists look up to Catholics where you live. Children of very close friends of mine who were raised Southern Baptist explained to me one day at lunch that Catholics weren't Christians. They went on to say we worshipped statues as well as making several more ignorant statements. Needless to say, we had a long talk. I hope some of it soaked in.

Dec 10th 2012 new
In the "from the mouths of babes" category, I was babysitting my niece and nephew (5 years old) on Friday night. I have been doing my best to raise awareness of Our Lady of America. In the meantime she's been helping me. So on Friday night my 5 year old nephew, was looking at the pictures on my phone and he came across the picture of Our Lady of America that I have saved on my phone and he said, and I paraphrase, "Wow! Who is that?" And I told him and asked him do you like her? And he said "Yes!" I have over 800 pictures on my phone and that's the one he loved. Isn't that something? The purity of a child drawn to Our Lady.
Dec 10th 2012 new
If you are reading this site, you were called to read it, it is not by accident it is by Divine Providence, now ask yourself what can you do to help fulfill Our Lady of America's Request!? It is interesting that Our Lady calls this a MANDATE, given to (the U.S.A.), by heaven, and we are striving to respond to Her request at a time when another mandate from our Pres. has been placed on Our Church!? Please pray to have Her Statue of Our Lady of America carried in solemn procession and housed forever in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to safeguard our country! The Blessed Virgin Mary has promised that her statue as Our Lady of America once placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception would be a safeguard for our country, and her picture or statue honored in all homes, a safeguard for the family. She also promised that the medal would be a safeguard against evil for those who wear it with great faith and devotion. Our Lady of America has requested that the U.S. return to purity and lead the world to peace. (That means we should be pure in our lives!) The Blessed Virgin Mary wishes to be honored in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at Washington D.C. as Our Lady of America. Our Lady says that if this is done, the United States of America would turn back toward morality and the shrine would become a place of "wonders." Please visit the Forum, Prayer for Our Beloved Country and join us in this intention with prayer to Our Lady of America. God Bless! Heaven has given each of us an exceptional Grace let us not be indifferent toward the Grace! = )
Posts 101 - 110 of 122