Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: This is what I posted on my facebook page.Anyone else ashamed that half of Ame...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

This is what I posted on my facebook page.

Anyone else ashamed that half of America voted for physician assisted suicide and forced tax payer abortions yesterday (or equally just as bad didn't vote and let it happen to our children)? It is a sad, sad day for our constitution and freedom. I still can't believe there are people that don't believe that there is a death panel in Obamacare...it is in the stimulus not the original bill. With gas prices tripled, debt tripled...still people foolish enough to listen to him blame the previous admin. With Benghazi and Fast and Furious cover ups...still people foolish enough to not care. Again, a sad, sad day in this country.

--hide--

Cheryl, Obama had compelling carrots that he dangled in the faces of a strong force: single women. Apparently "lady parts" trump the unborn. His advertising campaign was provacative and effective. I had a niece make a statement on Facebook one day before the election "FU to all who voted for Romney" (except in her very eloquent verbiage it was spelled out). Well, that would include myself and most of her family including grandparents who have financially supported her. Why did she make such a statement? Because she wants a free pap smear and she deserves it doggonit! boggled

It's all about the Entitlement. "What's in it for me?!!!!" Sadly, there's no room for the littlest spirits, the unborn. To answer your question, yes, I am ashamed that half of America voted for abortion. Because if they voted for Obama and his Entitlements, that's exactly what they did.

Cat

Nov 7th 2012 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I&#...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

“Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.”

~ Winston Churchill

--hide--
Quotes are nice. Some elements of truth in it, for sure. But I wouldn't bank on this. More is needed from an academic and faith foundation for this thing to be turned around. If that's even possible at this point.
Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Cat-163322 said: Cheryl, Obama had compelling carrots that he dangled in the faces of a strong force: single...
(Quote) Cat-163322 said:

Cheryl, Obama had compelling carrots that he dangled in the faces of a strong force: single women. Apparently "lady parts" trump the unborn. His advertising campaign was provacative and effective. I had a niece make a statement on Facebook one day before the election "FU to all who voted for Romney" (except in her very eloquent verbiage it was spelled out). Well, that would include myself and most of her family including grandparents who have financially supported her. Why did she make such a statement? Because she wants a free pap smear and she deserves it doggonit!

It's all about the Entitlement. "What's in it for me?!!!!" Sadly, there's no room for the littlest spirits, the unborn. To answer your question, yes, I am ashamed that half of America voted for abortion. Because if they voted for Obama and his Entitlements, that's exactly what they did.

Cat

--hide--

And the real joke in all this is on the women who think that things like their contraceptives will be free in Obamacare. The truth is, Obamacare actually provides little to nothing as a matter of statute. The "benefits" are implemented via Executive Order by whoever the President is at that given time, and can be altered at any time. So, Obama could include things like abortion and Sandra Fluke's contraception, but the next President can remove them with a simple stroke of a pen.

Aahhhh... the things we learn once it's too late to do anything about them! faint

theheart

Nov 7th 2012 new

Again, I am new to CM and have played by your rules when posting and need some help so please help me in stopping the hijack of this forum I don't like to mention names. God Bless

I know we are really feeling the disappointment of this election. But discoragement is from the evil one. That's why I want post NOT from your feelings other sites for that please, post there.

This site is Exclusively to post from you faith. What do you feel on a faith level? Is God in Charge or not? We can blame clergy or anyone else, as someone posted here but is that helpful?! Everyone is accountable to God for himself. HOW ARE WE doing in that department of ACCOUNTABILITY? LIVING OUR FAITH? Believing "everything" OUR HOLY MOTHER THE CHURCH TEACHES?!

Let your faith speak in this forum.... We all need uplifted! God Bless! He may be our President But God is our Father. He knows what He is doing (even if we don't), TRUST HIM! theheart

Recall the story of King David's life and another throwing stones at him David accepts it as coming from the hand of God can we do less?!

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Colette-902447 said: ... the U.S. will now be a proving ground for the Catholic Church to show her Identity to the W...
(Quote) Colette-902447 said:

... the U.S. will now be a proving ground for the Catholic Church to show her Identity to the World. ...

--hide--

It inspires me to read this today. Thank you for posting it. Perhaps the outcome will inspire more of us to bring into action those deeper stirrings in our hearts to serve our parishes, schools and communities in new ways that renew our ties to God's will in our lives.

Nov 7th 2012 new

Thank you John

Let your faith speak in this forum.... We all need uplifted! God Bless! He may be our President But God is our Father. He knows what He is doing (even if we don't), TRUST HIM!

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Colette-902447 said: Again, I am new to CM and have played by your rules when posting and need some he...

Again, I am new to CM and have played by your rules when posting and need some help so please help me in stopping the hijack of this forum I don't like to mention names. God Bless

I know we are really feeling the disappointment of this election. But discoragement is from the evil one. That's why I want post NOT from your feelings other sites for that please, post there.

This site is Exclusively to post from you faith. What do you feel on a faith level? Is God in Charge or not? We can blame clergy or anyone else, as someone posted here but is that helpful?! Everyone is accountable to God for himself. HOW ARE WE doing in that department of ACCOUNTABILITY? LIVING OUR FAITH? Believing "everything" OUR HOLY MOTHER THE CHURCH TEACHES?!

Let your faith speak in this forum.... We all need uplifted! God Bless! He may be our President But God is our Father. He knows what He is doing (even if we don't), TRUST HIM!

Recall the story of King David's life and another throwing stones at him David accepts it as coming from the hand of God can we do less?!

--hide--
Well, and since it is your thread, I think you get to decide that and we can respect it.

From a faith perspective, I think people have free will...it is that simple...our country is now half liberal apparently and that is a sad state of affairs...but I don't expect God to intercede and keep it from happening further because he has given us free will to keep going in this direction if that is our choice. Of course, the Church will sue and try to maintain our religious freedom, but the more liberal judges we have on the supreme court the less likely that is to happen and the more likely we are to end up like Europe....we lost our constitution today and our freedom. However, on an individual level as do other Christians in Communist countries and Theism run govt....they keep their faith to themselves and try to live it.....we aren't there yet but it is looking more and more like we will be there. Perhaps that isn't as uplifting as you like but it does say in effect that all will never be completely loss.

Nov 7th 2012 new

Thanks Cheryl, that's right, all will never be completely loss.

Because God is still in Charge. They have never defeated the Church yet as for the post about those failing us in the Church, if we Catholics ourselves haven't been able to destroy Her who on earth can. biggrin We have been promised the very gates of hell will not prevail!

Keep the Faith it will keep you!

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Colette-902447 said: Thanks Cheryl, that's right, all will never be completely loss. Because God is sti...

Thanks Cheryl, that's right, all will never be completely loss.

Because God is still in Charge. They have never defeated the Church yet as for the post about those failing us in the Church, if we Catholics ourselves haven't been able to destroy Her who on earth can. We have been promised the very gates of hell will not prevail!

Keep the Faith it will keep you!

--hide--
It will be around but too what extent though...there are churches in Europe that are a mere shadow of what real Christianity is...churches here too...like the Episcopals who have gay priest and openly marry gay couples...if you disagree with this you are politically incorrect and arrested for hate speech....don't get me wrong...the church will still be around...but it will be a shadow of what it used to be and anyone still adhering to all its tenements of faith will be underground as in other theism countries and communist countries....but since the gates of hell can't prevail against it completely that will be better than nothing.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Colette-902447 said: Thank you John Let your faith speak in this forum.... We all need uplifted! God...

Thank you John

--hide--

In all honesty, I'm confused about the rules of these forums, so I just post in response to other posters as well as the originator of the thread. You never know when the Powers That Be are going to determine there are too many new threads for previous topics and shut one down.

I think your idea is a good one though. But know that people are needing to vent and heal, but your reminder to HOPE is much needed as well biggrin

Cat

Posts 31 - 40 of 122