Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 7th 2012 new

We have to look at the reality that almost half of the people in the United States did not want Obama to be re-elected. Our Lord did say you will deny me three times. That is what happened at the DNC when they took God off their platform. No one is closer to our Lord than his mother the Blessed Virgin. No one who has ever implored her help or sought her intercession has been left unaided. We all need to take courage from this thought and prevail. Our crusade has just begun.

Nov 7th 2012 new
I also agree with Paul.....go to Adoration...go as often as you can, even if it is just for a few minutes. You will be comforted and strengthened. - "All things work for good for those who love the Lord".
Nov 7th 2012 new

OK--lets toughen up everyone.America has been thru much tougher times than this.

-And on the positive side(and practical as well)---the RED STATES are increasing in population--and therefore electoral votes--faster than the blue states. New York,Ohio,Michigan,Pennsylvania,Illinois are losing ground. Texas,Georgia,North Carolina,Virginia(yes its red),Florida(yes its red) and other southern states are gaining ground.---So lets concede an ~ 52%-48% advantage for dems right now. That will slowly erode as the northern industrial states lose electoral votes.In addition to this we need to focus on the latino vote.Some slight immigration concessions need to be made.Rubio--for example--needs to get waaaay out in fron of this issue asap----NOW in fact.
Combime those 2 factors and we can gain the advantage permanently.

So 2016 or bust.And lets focus for the next 3-4 yrs on faith AND strategy.

Nov 7th 2012 new
(Quote) The Blessed Virgin Mary has promised that her statue as Our Lady of America once placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception ...
(Quote) The Blessed Virgin Mary has promised that her statue as Our Lady of America once placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception would be a safeguard for our country,
--hide--
I believe this and would like to support efforts to bring it about. Such a simple request, how can we not do it? Especially with all we now face. Thank you.
Nov 7th 2012 new

Thank you so much John and God Reward you! wave

Request your Bishop with your own letter, (or with signature drives in our parishes, any other ideas?) to have her Statue, Our Lady of America placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to safeguard our country. Any other info you care to gleen can be obtained in the first post.

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: Fr. Enrique Rueda wrote a book documenting the large support given to the homosexu...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

Fr. Enrique Rueda wrote a book documenting the large support given to the homosexual movement by large corporations...way back in 1982. Pillaging and subversion are the name of the game for corporate America.

--hide--

Not all of them, in fact, not most of them. I don't believe you can make blanket statements about anything, there are always exceptions. However, very large corporations have great wealth which translates into power. Too much power can corrupt anyone, even the controlling people of rich corporations. But there are still exceptions at even this level.

Nov 7th 2012 new

Hi John I think Sean and someothers have accidentally posted in this forum.

This thread is to encourage 4 more years of HOPE on a Supernatural Level. On a human level, asking for Any helpers to request their Bishop's to place the Statue of Our Lady of America in the Immaculate Conception National Shrine?

Will has it! The mission the Salvation of Souls...
This is the meaning of I fill up what is lacking in the Body of Christ, St. Paul is speaking of the lacking in the Mystical Body of Christ. Working on deepening our UNION with Jesus! That is what will elicit REAL Change in our Nation.

The way to change things is to change ourselves. Respond to God' grace. Obedience to the Church, Living out all Her Teachings. Praying daily, Repentance, Confession, Eucharist in the State of Grace! Being Pure.. Recall St. Francis' call "go and rebuild my Church" wasn't just repairing San Damiano but a Call to rebuild the Church at large it was accomplished because of the way He was obedient to God who we know as Father.
REbuliding in this case, is God's work, in this case we didn't build that He will accomplish what He wants in each of us! For our part we just must be open to HIs Grace becoming the Catholics God expects us to be. Are we up for the Challenge that is presented before us? The Grace is there! What is the alternative Grumbling in the Desert!

Nov 7th 2012 new
Colette, I think you are exactly on point. We can all talk politics and strategy back and forth in here until we've solved the world's problems in theory, and I am not belittling those efforts, believe me. I see the passion people put forth for the love of our country and our nation's future. But we need to go where the real strength lies. I mean real strength, spiritual yes, physical you better believe it. I know of a home in one of the barrier islands on the coast of NJ that was totally spared from the storm here. The owner is faithfully devoted to Our Lady. Who hasn't see the statue of Our Lady that remained standing after the storm? Are these fairy tales? God's presence is real and we shouldn't hesitate to turn to it now. When it is said in the Bible that "the gates of hell will not prevail against" the Church, it is the Church that is the battering ram against those gates. Not the other way around. I hope people see this and gain hope and strength. I want the promises of Our Lady, and I hope that her request is honored. Thank you!
Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Tom-112790 said: OK--lets toughen up everyone.America has been thru much tougher times than this.-And on the...
(Quote) Tom-112790 said:

OK--lets toughen up everyone.America has been thru much tougher times than this.

-And on the positive side(and practical as well)---the RED STATES are increasing in population--and therefore electoral votes--faster than the blue states. New York,Ohio,Michigan,Pennsylvania,Illinois are losing ground. Texas,Georgia,North Carolina,Virginia(yes its red),Florida(yes its red) and other southern states are gaining ground.---So lets concede an ~ 52%-48% advantage for dems right now. That will slowly erode as the northern industrial states lose electoral votes.In addition to this we need to focus on the latino vote.Some slight immigration concessions need to be made.Rubio--for example--needs to get waaaay out in fron of this issue asap----NOW in fact.
Combime those 2 factors and we can gain the advantage permanently.

So 2016 or bust.And lets focus for the next 3-4 yrs on faith AND strategy.

--hide--
Tom this is really positive and would go great stated in Patricia's "2012 Election Results and Where do we go from Here?" thread too.

www.catholicmatch.com

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Colette, I think you are exactly on point. We can all talk politics and strategy back and forth in here u...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Colette, I think you are exactly on point. We can all talk politics and strategy back and forth in here until we've solved the world's problems in theory, and I am not belittling those efforts, believe me. I see the passion people put forth for the love of our country and our nation's future. But we need to go where the real strength lies. I mean real strength, spiritual yes, physical you better believe it. I know of a home in one of the barrier islands on the coast of NJ that was totally spared from the storm here. The owner is faithfully devoted to Our Lady. Who hasn't see the statue of Our Lady that remained standing after the storm? Are these fairy tales? God's presence is real and we shouldn't hesitate to turn to it now. When it is said in the Bible that "the gates of hell will not prevail against" the Church, it is the Church that is the battering ram against those gates. Not the other way around. I hope people see this and gain hope and strength. I want the promises of Our Lady, and I hope that her request is honored. Thank you!
--hide--

Why is it that the storm hit period then when it did since it helped him get re-elected according to dems...especially with Christie's hug? And by getting re-elected more attacks on our Church.....doesn't make sense. But if true, it is a nice story about how her house was saved...and stories like that do inspire the hope the OP was talking about.

Posts 51 - 60 of 122