Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 8th 2012 new

Yes, Brenda we should pray for conversions, and ours as well to come to a deeper Union with HIM! Thank you everyone who posted their faith it has been uplifting for me as well!!! I would like to thank each of you individually...may God Reward you! Thanks for your beautiful contribution Ed new to the forums right? I am learning the rules myself. biggrin To those of you who inadvertently posted we are feeling it too but don't surcumb to discouragement. weeping That only comes from the evil one Our God, OUR Father, Father, isn't that awesome, is a God of Peace! theheart

Tell me at this time in the History of Our Nation when we are living in the Year of Faith which quote speaks to you and gives you Peace?

If you are what you should be, you will set the whole world ablaze!
- Saint Catherine of Siena

It is always the time of hope, confidence and love. Everything passes; love
remains. We will not be disappointed.
- Cardinal Carlo Maria Martin

We cannot do everything, and there is a sense of liberation in realizing that.
This enables us to do something, and to do it very well. It may be incomplete,
but it is a beginning, a step along the way, an opportunity for the Lord's grace
to enter and do the rest.
- Oscar Romero

Holiness is irresistible. If even 10% of the world's population had it
the whole world would be converted and happy before the year's end.
- C.S. Lewis

Maintain a spirit of peace and you will save a thousand souls.
- St. Seraphim of Sarov

“The smallest
movement of pure love
is worth more to the Church than all works put
together.”
-St. John of the Cross

Nov 8th 2012 new

This thread is to encourage 4 more years of HOPE on a Supernatural Level. On a human level, asking for Any helpers to request their Bishop's to place the Statue of Our Lady of America in the Immaculate Conception National Shrine?

Will has it! The mission the Salvation of Souls...
This is the meaning of I fill up what is lacking in the Body of Christ, St. Paul is speaking of the lacking in the Mystical Body of Christ. Working on deepening our UNION with Jesus! That is what will elicit REAL Change in our Nation.

The way to change things is to change ourselves. Respond to God' grace. Obedience to the Church, Living out all Her Teachings. Praying daily, Repentance, Confession, Eucharist in the State of Grace! Being Pure.. Recall St. Francis' call "go and rebuild my Church" wasn't just repairing San Damiano but a Call to rebuild the Church at large it was accomplished because of the way He was obedient to God who we know as Father.
REbuliding in this case, is God's work, in this case we didn't build that He will accomplish what He wants in each of us! For our part we just must be open to HIs Grace becoming the Catholics God expects us to be. Are we up for the Challenge that is presented before us? The Grace is there! What is the alternative Grumbling in the Desert!

Nov 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Colette-902447 said: So the worse case senario occurred Pres O. is in, those in the Romny/ Ryan camp feel the defeat...
(Quote) Colette-902447 said:

So the worse case senario occurred Pres O. is in, those in the Romny/ Ryan camp feel the defeat and all that work feels as if it has gone for nothing, but it really isn't so God will use it for His own purposes. In my estimation, the U.S. will now be a proving ground for the Catholic Church to show her Identity to the World. Through the suffering that awaits the Church it will shine as never before IN THIS Country and will bring Converts to Her in time.
We still have hope, Our God is still God and this God has revealved Himself to us through His Son Jesus as OUR FATHER and He is the One really in charge!!! Rm. 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for the good to those who love God....

'Remember, no matter what in life befalls you God knows about it! He knew about it from all eternity and how He can and will bring Good out of it! God will care for you in this trying time!
God has an Ordaining Will and a Permitting Will. No matter what happens to us God knows about it. Nothing in life that happens to us occurs except by God's Order and Permission. We may not know the why or hows of our reality but it affords one great peace when you attribute everything to the Will of God!
Always attribute to God every sorrow that grips and holds us. (Except Sin) What does it matter to the person of faith what path God marks out for us as long as we know He is there with us and the end for which we are destined HEAVEN! Everything in life that comes to us is the best that could befall us for working out our salvation. God never leaves us alone. He is guiding us all along life's journeys. It is a cross but in order to have peace and even a joy we must cooperate and not lose heart.' This has always kept me grounded if you like it get and read Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence the secret to peace and happiness by Bl. Claude de Columbiere.

.Requesting help... How many know about Our Lady of America? The Blessed Virgin Mary has promised that her statue as Our Lady of America once placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception would be a safeguard for our country, and her picture or statue honored in all homes, a safeguard for the family. She also promised that the medal would be a safeguard against evil for those who wear it with great faith and devotion.

Our Lady of America has requested that the U.S. return to purity and lead the world to peace.

The Blessed Virgin Mary wishes to be honored in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at Washington D.C. as Our Lady of America. Our Lady says that if this is done, the United States of America would turn back toward morality and the shrine would become a place of "wonders."
Can we NOW all work on this, requesting our Bishops (with signature drives in our parishes, any other ideas?) to have her Statue of Our Lady of America placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to safeguard for our country.

This devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of Our Lady of America enjoys complete canonical approval through former Archbishop of Cincinnati, OH, the late Paul Francis Leibold. Through his written correspondence and public actions, Archbishop Leibold approved for public devotion this private apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil).

Furthermore, many other Bishops have also shown their approval by their promotion of this devotion. The Most Reverend Raymond L. Burke, Archbishop of Saint Louis, a world renowned canon lawyer, issued a letter opinion on Our Lady of America. In his letter dated May 31, 2007, he reviews the history of Our Lady of America and the actions of Archbishop Leibold approving this devotion.

From Archbishop Burke:

"What can be concluded canonically is that the devotion was both approved by Archbishop Leibold and, what is more, was actively promoted by him. In addition, over the years, other Bishops have approved the devotion and have participated in public devotion to the Mother of God, under the title of Our Lady of America."
Canonical Approval
As such, devotion to Our Lady of America had been completely and fully canonically approved by Archbishop Leibold and confirmed by other bishops, leaving no question about the status of this apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil) which began 1956.

For the full text of Archbishop Burke's letter CONTACT http://www.ourladyofamerica.org (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH OUR LADY OF AMERICA. COM)
or
For more information on Archbishop Burke,

Informational Site: http://www.ourladyofamerica.org

This site is the informational Internet source of the Our Lady of America devotion. It is run by the Langsenkamp Family Apostolate of Indianapolis Indiana to spread devotion to Our Lady of America.

Mailing Address:B.V.M. Our Lady of America
C/O Langsenkamp Family Apostolate
9100 Purdue Road #400
Indianapolis, IN 46268-1180

--hide--

Praying rosary theheart

May you be rewarded well for posting this uplifting thread, Collette. Thank you for the link and mailing address.

Nov 8th 2012 new

Thank you for your kind words Elizabeth! wave

Nov 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said:The Jebbies are a joke. 25 years from now maybe they can shut down the entire Jesuit operation in ...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

The Jebbies are a joke. 25 years from now maybe they can shut down the entire Jesuit operation in this country, which would be a blessing. Most of the orders are worthless. Look at St. John's Abbey in Collegeville - a source of sexual abuse and liturgical aberrations. I'd say it's bad to have Muslims listed on a Jesuit ministry page, but the Muslims might be closer to Christianity than the Jesuits.

I was reading a letter to the editor of America in which a parent wrote that his son had left the Catholic Church. The son left the Church after learning in his Catholic high school that all the Bible stories he had learned in grade school were a myth. The priests I know are so fed up with the direction of the Church. Throw that ridiculous Council, John XXIII, Paul VI and all that crap out the window.

--hide--

Your mind set gets clearer and clearer

Nov 9th 2012 new

You are most welcome to create your own Topics and enter it in a Forum you would like to create.

Mine was started for a different purpose, I would again ask that you respect my Topic. Please would you be so kind and read the opening post in this thread afterwards if you would care to post I would be most happy...so I do not have to again post the topic of the thread to keep it on track.

IT IS NOT IN ANYONES INTEREST TO ATTACK ANOTHER, IT SERVES NO PURPOSE, but perhaps to adhere to our own spiritual superiority where is the charity in that?

It is within my power either to serve God or not to serve Him.

Serving Him, I
add to my own good
and the good of the whole world. Not serving Him, I
forfeit my own good and
deprive the world of that good, which was in my
power to create.
-author?

Nov 9th 2012 new
Colette, I woke early thinking about this, and I am hoping and praying Our Lady's simple request is honored. It seems to me it's time call for real help. I am a little discouraged that the response seems so light. Can we pray this... Come Holy Spirit, stir the hearts of Your faithful.... I am hoping more and more people can see the wisdom of what you are advocating Colette. This is so much larger and more powerful than politicking and strategy, which have their place, but we need to call in our real help. Our Lady never fails us. Come Holy Spirit.
Nov 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Perhaps now would be a good time to pray for the conversion of Our President & Vice Preside...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Perhaps now would be a good time to pray for the conversion of Our President & Vice President....
--hide--

I agree...I think we need to offer masses for any and all involved in the prodeath culture....anger is a hard thing to turn away from and it probably won't do any good as I think people choose evil or good and rarely deter from it and all the masses in the world won't interfere with that God given free will (Hitler, Stalin as examples), but I think we could try anyway....maybe one of them will be a miracle....we need more of those to convince people and perhaps we could be the ones to ask for them and get them. I haven't done any masses myself yet, but I am thinking about it.

Nov 9th 2012 new
Encouraging news today: I visited my sister's this evening and the subject came up about Our Lady of the Americas. My niece was on speakerphone at the time. I had forwarded my siblings a link to the website the other day. My sister was so enthused about it today, she said "I know! We have to do something". She really wants to do something to advance this. My niece was really excited as well. I have to make sure we do follow through though. Please Lord, move the hearts of your apostles. Come Holy Spirit stir the hearts of your faithful to urge the bishops to fulfill the request of Our Lady. The need is immediate. She is Our Lady of Victory, and is not defeated. I ask the people of faith on Catholic Match to pray for this. Read the original post in this thread and the link. The time is now. Share this story, pray for the request to be honored, ask your bishop to act on it. The tide can turn with the help of our Mother.
Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Colette-902447 said: So the worse case senario occurred Pres O. is in, those in the Romny/ Ryan camp feel the defeat...
(Quote) Colette-902447 said:

So the worse case senario occurred Pres O. is in, those in the Romny/ Ryan camp feel the defeat and all that work feels as if it has gone for nothing, but it really isn't so God will use it for His own purposes. In my estimation, the U.S. will now be a proving ground for the Catholic Church to show her Identity to the World. Through the suffering that awaits the Church it will shine as never before IN THIS Country and will bring Converts to Her in time.
We still have hope, Our God is still God and this God has revealved Himself to us through His Son Jesus as OUR FATHER and He is the One really in charge!!! Rm. 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for the good to those who love God....

'Remember, no matter what in life befalls you God knows about it! He knew about it from all eternity and how He can and will bring Good out of it! God will care for you in this trying time!
God has an Ordaining Will and a Permitting Will. No matter what happens to us God knows about it. Nothing in life that happens to us occurs except by God's Order and Permission. We may not know the why or hows of our reality but it affords one great peace when you attribute everything to the Will of God!
Always attribute to God every sorrow that grips and holds us. (Except Sin) What does it matter to the person of faith what path God marks out for us as long as we know He is there with us and the end for which we are destined HEAVEN! Everything in life that comes to us is the best that could befall us for working out our salvation. God never leaves us alone. He is guiding us all along life's journeys. It is a cross but in order to have peace and even a joy we must cooperate and not lose heart.' This has always kept me grounded if you like it get and read Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence the secret to peace and happiness by Bl. Claude de Columbiere.

.Requesting help... How many know about Our Lady of America? The Blessed Virgin Mary has promised that her statue as Our Lady of America once placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception would be a safeguard for our country, and her picture or statue honored in all homes, a safeguard for the family. She also promised that the medal would be a safeguard against evil for those who wear it with great faith and devotion.

Our Lady of America has requested that the U.S. return to purity and lead the world to peace.

The Blessed Virgin Mary wishes to be honored in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at Washington D.C. as Our Lady of America. Our Lady says that if this is done, the United States of America would turn back toward morality and the shrine would become a place of "wonders."
Can we NOW all work on this, requesting our Bishops (with signature drives in our parishes, any other ideas?) to have her Statue of Our Lady of America placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to safeguard for our country.

This devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of Our Lady of America enjoys complete canonical approval through former Archbishop of Cincinnati, OH, the late Paul Francis Leibold. Through his written correspondence and public actions, Archbishop Leibold approved for public devotion this private apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil).

Furthermore, many other Bishops have also shown their approval by their promotion of this devotion. The Most Reverend Raymond L. Burke, Archbishop of Saint Louis, a world renowned canon lawyer, issued a letter opinion on Our Lady of America. In his letter dated May 31, 2007, he reviews the history of Our Lady of America and the actions of Archbishop Leibold approving this devotion.

From Archbishop Burke:

"What can be concluded canonically is that the devotion was both approved by Archbishop Leibold and, what is more, was actively promoted by him. In addition, over the years, other Bishops have approved the devotion and have participated in public devotion to the Mother of God, under the title of Our Lady of America."
Canonical Approval
As such, devotion to Our Lady of America had been completely and fully canonically approved by Archbishop Leibold and confirmed by other bishops, leaving no question about the status of this apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil) which began 1956.

For the full text of Archbishop Burke's letter CONTACT http://www.ourladyofamerica.org (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH OUR LADY OF AMERICA. COM)
or
For more information on Archbishop Burke,

Informational Site: http://www.ourladyofamerica.org

This site is the informational Internet source of the Our Lady of America devotion. It is run by the Langsenkamp Family Apostolate of Indianapolis Indiana to spread devotion to Our Lady of America.

Mailing Address:B.V.M. Our Lady of America
C/O Langsenkamp Family Apostolate
9100 Purdue Road #400
Indianapolis, IN 46268-1180

--hide--

I'm very heartened to read all the posts and responses from dedicated Catholics all over the U.S. Colette, I was at the Basillica a few weeks ago when there was a special Mass for Religious Liberty. It was standing room only and a beautiful Homily. I will make it a point to look for a statue of Our Lady of America. It is very large, there may be one there, if not, I can see where there would be a need for one now.

We must not get discouraged, I agree, but imagine if you will, a moment in time where we all see ourselves as God sees us, the conditions of our souls, our true sins. What would be the level of repentence across the world? Would this separate the sheep from the goats, force people to choose? In order for this event to have the greatest impact, it would have to be at an auspicious time in history. I pray that time is soon. We all need a wake-up call. THAT is reason for hope!

Posts 71 - 80 of 122