Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 11th 2012 new
I want to keep this string alive. Please consider saying a prayer for the advancement of this devotion, and for the request of Our Lady to be honored. Our nation needs this. I heard it once said that of we saw how well our prayers are answered we would never stop praying. So please read through the opener to this thread and pray for it if you will.
Nov 11th 2012 new

Our faith is now under attack by our government. The Jesuit order was formed along military guidelines. Isn't it about time we form a Catholic army of sorts? We need to fight, not with arms but with action. In America we can fight a war of ideas and win.

I am reminded of the recent movie For Greater Glory about the fight against communism and an anti-Catholic government in Mexico. At the heart of the uprising was not a military fight, but a spiritual one. They didn't seek to rule men, but to free their spirits.

We should pray for guidance and urge the bishops to resist and act.

Via Christos

Nov 13th 2012 new

Thanks Joanna! wave

I believe Catholic Familyland may be able to help you with your request for a Statue of Our Lady of America, (for your personal use), I believe their number is 1-800-FOR-MARY.

Can you do local parish signature drives to request your individual bishop to place the Statute Our Lady of America in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC? Can you ask your local Catholic Diocesan Newspapers to print Our Lady's request and ask signatures be sent to your local bishop?

God Reward you and all CM members who are helping fulfill Our Lady of Americas request! theheart rosary

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Colette-902447 said: Thanks Joanna! I believe Catholic Familyland may be able to help you with your reque...
(Quote) Colette-902447 said:

Thanks Joanna!

I believe Catholic Familyland may be able to help you with your request for a Statue of Our Lady of America, (for your personal use), I believe their number is 1-800-FOR-MARY.

Can you do local parish signature drives to request your individual bishop to place the Statute Our Lady of America in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC? Can you ask your local Catholic Diocesan Newspapers to print Our Lady's request and ask signatures be sent to your local bishop?

God Reward you and all CM members who are helping fulfill Our Lady of Americas request!

--hide--

I was told by a friend of mine that there is a Statue of Our Lady of America at the Basilica, I will try to verify and will let you know.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: I was told by a friend of mine that there is a Statue of Our Lady of America at the Basilica, I will t...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: I was told by a friend of mine that there is a Statue of Our Lady of America at the Basilica, I will try to verify and will let you know.
--hide--

Joanna, your friend could have been at the Shrine when A statue of Our Lady of America was carried in procession in the Basilica this has occurred on several occasions by the Apostolatus Uniti and other groups.

We want to fulfill her request to have her Statue of Our Lady of America carried in solemn procession and residing permanently at the Immaculate Conception Shrine in Washington, D.C.

Messages...to Sister Mary Ephrem (Mildred Neuzil),

Aug 1957

The Blessed Virgin said; "What am I to do, child of my heart, when my children turn from me? The false peace of this world lures them and in the end will destroy them. They think they have done enough in consecrating themselves to my Immaculate Heart. It is not enough. That which I ask for and is most important many have not given me. What I ask, have asked, and will continue to ask is reformation of life. There must be sanctification from within. I will work my miracles of grace only in those who ask for them and empty their souls of the love and attachment to sin and all that is displeasing to my Son. Souls who cling to sin cannot have their hands free to receive the treasures of grace that I hold out to them."

On the morning of November 15, 1956, Our Lady taught me this little prayer:
"By thy Holy and Immaculate Conception, O Mary, deliver us from evil.
Our Lady then asked me to draw a picture of her first appearance. She also requested a statue made according to this likeness and placed, after being solemnly carried in procession, in the Shrine of The Immaculate Conception in Washington, D.C. She wishes to be honored there in a special way as Our Lady of America, the Immaculate Virgin..."Tell the Bishops of the United Stares, my loyal sons, of my desires and how I wish them to be carried out. Through him who is head over you, make known the longings of my Immaculate Heart to establish the reign of my Divine Son in the hearts of men and thus save them from the scourge of heaven, both now and hereafter."
Our Lady, again addressing herself to me, spoke sadly yet hopefully:
"My daughter, will my children in America listen to my pleadings and console my Immaculate Heart? Will my loyal sons carry our my desires and thus help me bring the peace of Christ once again to mankind?

The Blessed Virgin Mary has promised that her statue as Our Lady of America once placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception would be a safeguard for our country,
and her picture or statue honored in all homes, a safeguard for the family. She also promised that the medal would be a safeguard against evil for those who wear it with great faith and devotion.

Our Lady of America has requested that the U.S. return to purity and lead the world to peace.

The Blessed Virgin Mary wishes to be honored in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception at Washington D.C. as Our Lady of America. Our Lady says that if this is done, the United States of America would turn back toward morality and the shrine would become a place of "wonders."

"It is the United States THAT IS TO LEAD THE WORLD TO PEACE, the peace of Christ, the peace that He brought with Him from heaven," Sister Mary Ephrem quoted The Virgin as saying. "Dear children, unless the United States accepts and carries out faithfully THE MANDATE GIVEN TO IT BY HEAVEN to lead the world to peace, there will come upon it and all nations a great havoc of war and incredible suffering. If, however, the United States is faithful to this mandate from heaven and yet fails in the pursuit of peace because the rest of the world will not accept or cooperate, then the United States will not be burdened with the punishment about to fall."

Isn't it interesting that Our Lady calls this a MANDATE, given to (the U.S.), by heaven, and we are striving to respond to Her request at a time when another mandate from our Pres. has been placed on Our Church!?
Can we NOW all work on this, requesting our Bishops (with signature drives in our parishes, Placing her request on our facebooks... any other ideas?) to have her Statue of Our Lady of America carried in solemn procession and placed in the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception to safeguard our country?!

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Bernie-350671 said: Our faith is now under attack by our government. The Jesuit order was formed along military guid...
(Quote) Bernie-350671 said:

Our faith is now under attack by our government. The Jesuit order was formed along military guidelines. Isn't it about time we form a Catholic army of sorts? We need to fight, not with arms but with action. In America we can fight a war of ideas and win.

I am reminded of the recent movie For Greater Glory about the fight against communism and an anti-Catholic government in Mexico. At the heart of the uprising was not a military fight, but a spiritual one. They didn't seek to rule men, but to free their spirits.

We should pray for guidance and urge the bishops to resist and act.

Via Christos

--hide--

Your comments really spoke to me, Bernie. I think all of your comments were good and decent. I'm going to append to them and say that we should pray for guidance and urge our bishops to resist and act ... and add to that: "and all of us."

A friend the other day said something positive about going to Mass. I asked - do you see yourself as a Catholic? I listened. She's open to reading a book I recommended about a convert's walk into our faith.

On a different day, a friend said something that struck me as a very Catholic thing to say. I said, "You would make a good Catholic."

On yet a different day, someone commented at length about waiting for the day a particular law changes. I said, what are you waiting for? Let's assume we own the problem and direct our brand of attention and effort and work on it. "Make the game play to us," as Vince Lombardi might have said.

I'm all for what you said about the bishops acting. I'm not disagreeing with you one iota. If you had not spoken up, I wouldn't be writing. :)

However, the events of recent days since Nov. 6 have been pause for me to see there is more I can do. We need to act more. Sisters, brothers, priests, hermits, lay volunteers, Catholic missions, outreach programs and bishops and priests do enough.

We need to empower those of us in the pews to stop being bench warmers and act as the living examples of Christ's love in the world of our missions in life.

Nov 16th 2012 new

The only thing I disagree with is that the bishops do enough. Certainly the congregation should be active, however the bishops are supposed to lead the church.

Our parish priest pointed out that we are where we are, because the bishops failed to act and lead in a myriad of ways, from abortion to molestation. Particularly on the latter issue, we have lost the concrete footing to resist immoral activity. I pray there will be a great awakening of our church and country.

At its heart, Liberalism, as it is now organized, is a sower of sin. Liberals stir envy in people for other people's property, induce greed to deprive people of God's gifts, and then create sloth in those who receive that money by telling them they are entitled to it.

Nov 16th 2012 new
Yes Bernie, Awesome! Im with you brother! !! How about an Army of Catholic Christians praying Rosaries 'publicly' for our Priests, Bishops, Pope Benidict, and our leaders, Obama/ Biden, as well as for Pro life, as the virgin Mother Mary has instructed us!!! :-)
Nov 16th 2012 new
Yes Bernie, Awesome! Im with you brother! !! How about an Army of Catholic Christians praying Rosaries 'publicly' for our Priests, Bishops, Pope Benidict, and our leaders, Obama/ Biden, as well as for Pro life, as the virgin Mother Mary has instructed us!!! :-)
Nov 16th 2012 new
Sorry the repeat...
Posts 81 - 90 of 122