Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 9th 2012 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Hi Nora, Thanks for posting your thoughts. You noted that you can't determine ve...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Hi Nora,

Thanks for posting your thoughts.

You noted that you can't determine very much from online communications and implied that it takes direct contact to get a complete picture. You did not mention the intermediate form of contact, the telephone. What do you find out through talking over the phone lines?

Wondering whether a phone call can cull both phonies and balonies,

John

--hide--
I think a phone call can help but in the end observing it much more effective.

I liked what Pat said about military service and some of the good charactertics she noted. There are some character flaws that in my opinion are complete deal breaker the biggest one being lack of integrity. Love cannot exist without trust.

Marriage should be a partnership both complimenting the other.

Nov 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: I think a phone call can help but in the end observing it is much more effective. I lik...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

I think a phone call can help but in the end observing it is much more effective.

I liked what Pat said about military service and some of the good characteristics she noted. There are some character flaws that in my opinion are complete deal breaker the biggest one being lack of integrity. Love cannot exist without trust.

Marriage should be a partnership both complimenting the other.

--hide--
I agree with the general tenor of your view about the limitations of conversing via Qwest or any of the rest, but occasionally telephone contact can eliminate just from the objective information revealed such as when he is allergic to cats and she can't live without Tabby. Admittedly that fact could be transmitted by email, but sometimes communicating the seemingly more trivial details about oneself can be done much more easily and comfortably by phone.

I think that almost all women would agree with your position that a lack of honesty or integrity is a deal breaker. How do you go about detecting the presence or absence of these virtues?

Wondering whether being virtually truthful will cut it, scratchchin eyebrow

John

Nov 9th 2012 new

Liars cant keep their stories straight, they always slip up.

Nov 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Liars cant keep their stories straight, they always slip up.

Liars cant keep their stories straight, they always slip up.

--hide--
Or as the police so often repeat, "He/she keeps changing his/her story". Really though, who wants to keep hearing the same old story? eyepopping scratchchin Isn't variety the spice of life? cool

Nov 9th 2012 new

(Quote) John-184825 said: Or as the police so often repeat, "He/she keeps changing his/her story". Really though, ...
(Quote) John-184825 said:

Or as the police so often repeat, "He/she keeps changing his/her story". Really though, who wants to keep hearing the same old story? Isn't variety the spice of life?

--hide--
Not for me in that area. I like men though and tend to get along with them better than women.

Nov 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Not for me in that area. I like men though and tend to get along with them better than women.<...

Not for me in that area. I like men though and tend to get along with them better than women.

--hide--
If the truth really is stranger than fiction, maybe staying with the factual will be sufficiently interesting and maybe even more so. thumbsup

Nov 9th 2012 new
Hi John, The direct contact I was referring to is face to face. I can get a better "gut" feeling by looking someone in the eye or the lack of eye contact. I find it hard for me to trust the written words without the body language or eye contact that backs it up. I like talking or corresponding with men but have been caught up in a lying game on another site.
Nov 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Nora-914810 said: Hi John, The direct contact I was referring to is face to face. I can get a better "gut" feelin...
(Quote) Nora-914810 said: Hi John, The direct contact I was referring to is face to face. I can get a better "gut" feeling by looking someone in the eye or the lack of eye contact. I find it hard for me to trust the written words without the body language or eye contact that backs it up. I like talking or corresponding with men but have been caught up in a lying game on another site.
--hide--
Hi Nora,

Thanks for explaining further what you want people to understand from your previous remarks. For you is hearing his voice an intermediate step, not so good as a direct meeting, but an improvement over interactions that are in the form of writing?

Pondering the advisability of using Bell South to ring Southern Belles, scratchchin eyepopping

John

Nov 9th 2012 new
I do not seek the respect of other men because so many I know have no faith. I try to live by example for them but not to gain their respect. I feel that it is respecting and loving yourself that draws confidence. People respond to confidence but though it is attractive it is but another piece to the mystery of why you like someone or don't
Nov 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-613631 said: I do not seek the respect of other men because so many I know have no faith. I try to live by example ...
(Quote) Michael-613631 said: I do not seek the respect of other men because so many I know have no faith. I try to live by example for them but not to gain their respect. I feel that it is respecting and loving yourself that draws confidence. People respond to confidence but though it is attractive it is but another piece to the mystery of why you like someone or don't
--hide--
Before I posted this topic, I had considered using the words "real men" instead of just, "men", but decided against doing so to avoid getting into a debate with someone who would reply, "Who is and who is not a 'real man' is subjective".

Despite the hazard involved in employing the phrase, "real men", I'll answer you by saying that I intended the title to be understood as, "Gain The Respect Of Real Men Before Seeking The Love Of Women?"

It is true that we should worry about winning the approval of God more than possessing the respect of real men, but we should not go so far as to disdain the respect of real men.

Posts 31 - 40 of 60