Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Understood, but I like having a quad cab pickup for practical reasons. It fits just fine in metro A...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

Understood, but I like having a quad cab pickup for practical reasons. It fits just fine in metro Atlanta or Charleston, and still allows me to grab my gear and head off to military duty or fishing in the mountains or on the beach. I could easily afford a BMW or other fancy car, but I want something more suited to my likes and pursuits.

I may go with an SUV, but it's hard to put a rucksack, dufflebags, fishing gear, a mountain bike, or scuba gear in it.

--hide--

I understand completely.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Understood, but I like having a quad cab pickup for practical reasons. It fits just fine in metro A...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

Understood, but I like having a quad cab pickup for practical reasons. It fits just fine in metro Atlanta or Charleston, and still allows me to grab my gear and head off to military duty or fishing in the mountains or on the beach. I could easily afford a BMW or other fancy car, but I want something more suited to my likes and pursuits.

I may go with an SUV, but it's hard to put a rucksack, dufflebags, fishing gear, a mountain bike, or scuba gear in it.

--hide--

I did not mean BMW specifically... I am not an expert in cars..

Dec 27th 2012 new

As an aside, I'm diggin' that new profile photo.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: As an aside, I'm diggin' that new profile photo.
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

As an aside, I'm diggin' that new profile photo.

--hide--

THANK YOU Carl. THANks for saying that and God Bless You this new Year!

Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Truck is repaired. I had it towed to a dealership so I could look at a new vehicle if necessary. I priced a 201...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

Truck is repaired. I had it towed to a dealership so I could look at a new vehicle if necessary. I priced a 2012 Colorado crew cab and took the quote with me for a possible future purchase. The mechanic who replaced the alternator and battery told me that otherwise the truck is fine. I've been back and forth to Atlanta and Charleston a few times, and so far no headaches. However, I have some long trips planned next summer, so I'm thinking a new vehicle might be in order. I've certainly earned it.

--hide--

I can relate; I feel I earned mine. Just replaced a 23 yr old truck with 416,000 miles on it.
Dec 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Marian-83994 said: THANK YOU Carl. THANks for saying that and God Bless You this new Year!
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

THANK YOU Carl. THANks for saying that and God Bless You this new Year!

--hide--

Yes, I like the new picture, too.
Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: I have a 2004 Chevy Colorado with 237,000 miles on it, eight years old, and the total cost over the...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

I have a 2004 Chevy Colorado with 237,000 miles on it, eight years old, and the total cost over the past 18 months for scheduled and unscheduled repairs is over $3000. Would I be better off to invest in a new vehicle, rather than continue to pay for periodic maintenance?

--hide--

I always opt for a new vehicle around 100,000. If I was a guy with a garage, things might be different...but time and energy on a broken down car is not my thing. Also technology changes, especially recently with laws to increase mpg's...and also safety features. Some things have no price tag.
I also go out into the desert and to the mountain, so a vehicle that is not totally safe is just too dangerous for me. Just my thoughts...

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: Yes, I like the new picture, too.
(Quote) Edward-512961 said:

Yes, I like the new picture, too.
--hide--

Thank You Edward! Happy new Year!

Dec 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

--hide--

Personally, I love my truck, even though the lift kit makes it a little challenging gettin in with a skirt on. But nothing beats them for hauling gear, home improvement supplies and landscaping materials. My daughter is only '5 feet tall and she loves driving it too. The guys always do a double take when such a tiny girl jumps out of a big truck! ha ha

Dec 31st 2012 new

wide eyed

FINALLY...!

The age old question asked: "Where are all the hard working, honest, intelligent and Catholic men hiding these days?"

Answered: "On Catholic Match dot com in the St. Peter's Square Forums answering automotive questions, that's where."

I learned something reading these posts; thank you very much too all of you!

wave

Posts 41 - 50 of 64