Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Dec 31st 2012 new

I'm in the same boat with my Toyota Tercel - over 200,000 miles and I've been spending an average of $200 a month for the last 5 months. A friend told me it's cheaper than a car payment! But there is a lot of great advice in this thread that I hadn't considered. I think it's time I considered getting a different car. I just get nervous when thinking about buying a used car because I don't know much about cars and don't want to get stuck with a lemon. What's the best way to make sure this doesn't happen when buying a used car?

Dec 31st 2012 new

laughing biggrin wave

Dec 31st 2012 new

The heater core is now leaking, causing extreme condensation to the windshield and surrounding windows. I think that will just about do it for this truck. Too much nickel-and-diming me. My money would be better spent on a new vehicle. I'll look to have a new truck by Friday.

Dec 31st 2012 new

Two and a half words: Certified Pre-Owned! Edmunds.com is a really good resource. My brother is a Master Certified Automotive Engineer and he says that is the best way to go.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-512961 said: That works out to about $167 a month. Compare that to $450 to $500/month or more for a new vehicle.
(Quote) Edward-512961 said: That works out to about $167 a month. Compare that to $450 to $500/month or more for a new vehicle.
--hide--

I also would add in the insurance cost of full coverage vs liability only. Not to mention registration fees. If the vehicle has been maintained well and is a good make (both are true in this case it seems), then I'd hang on to it....

Jan 1st 2013 new

wave Snowboarding

Well, of course, new vehicle is better.

There are a lot of factors to weigh in.

And, it all depends on someone's priority.

For me, safety & reliability are very important.

IIHS rating might be of help to you www.iihs.org

Ice Skating Canada

Jan 5th 2013 new

(Quote) ed-925050 said: I also would add in the insurance cost of full coverage vs liability only. Not to mention re...
(Quote) ed-925050 said:

I also would add in the insurance cost of full coverage vs liability only. Not to mention registration fees. If the vehicle has been maintained well and is a good make (both are true in this case it seems), then I'd hang on to it....

--hide--
Believe it or not - I went from a 2002 Toyota RAV4 to a 2013 Honda CRV and my insurance for full coverage stayed exactly the same. I'm told this is because the newer Honda CRV is that much safer than the older RAV4 and the cost to repair due to an accident is less. I was amazed.

Jan 13th 2013 new

I finally got a new vehicle only 7,000 miles on it and today I was hit by a person (who smelled like alcohol) running a stop sign. He took off before the police showed up. They are still looking for him.

Jan 14th 2013 new

Hello Carl,

What kind of car did you end up getting? I have a 2010 Toyota Rav 4....

I was sort of in your predicament several years ago and finally I just got fed up with an unreliable car no matter how much it costed and sold my old car on Ebay (within a week..no less)...

I think SUV's are fantastic and can hold a lot of things like you mentioned that you put in your truck...

Right now used cars are the same if not more than new vehicles because of the resession and people wanting lower price cars...definitely go for the year end deals...Check out the competing vehicles against the one you are looking at...I know that some vehicles are not as reliable long term....

Jan 14th 2013 new

Hello Carl,

What kind of car did you end up getting? I have a 2010 Toyota Rav 4....

I was sort of in your predicament several years ago and finally I just got fed up with an unreliable car no matter how much it costed and sold my old car on Ebay (within a week..no less)...

I think SUV's are fantastic and can hold a lot of things like you mentioned that you put in your truck...

Right now used cars are the same if not more than new vehicles because of the resession and people wanting lower price cars...definitely go for the year end deals...Check out the competing vehicles against the one you are looking at...I know that some vehicles are not as reliable long term....

Posts 51 - 60 of 64