Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

12/02/2012 new

Hi Donna--

Off and on, I've been here eights years, too. And, I see how interest in me via "viewed me" has waned over the years. If we are not in men's inclusive age range, none of our other qualities matter. This, despite the fact that people don't believe I'm a grandmother, much less the grandmother of a teenager and that my most often guessed age is 43.

So, with this observation, I doubt I'll renew my subscription in April and really only stick around because I have paid for now.

12/02/2012 new

Hi Gary--

Great points you made and great to ponder before I attend Mass today!

Thanks--for me today you are an instrument of the Lord!

Christine

12/02/2012 new
Hi Josephine Well said and I agree with every point you made. I think society sees us as damaged if you have never been married. I'm pretty much done on here I think I have about a week left on time frame. I have meet a few that I will communicate with outside of here and consider friends. All women. LOL. I wish you luck in finding someone.
12/02/2012 new

(Quote) Gary-916309 said: Hi John,I reread my post, please note, when I stated Jesus did not yell at them when H...
(Quote) Gary-916309 said:

Hi John,

I reread my post, please note, when I stated Jesus did not yell at them when He was beaten, He did not yell at them.... I want to make perfectly clear that I was not meaning you....... I was trying to make a point about us being hurt by others, such as in a divorce or trials some go through.... So, if you took it that way, I wanted to quickly correct any misunderstanding. I hope you did not read it that way.. :-)

Thanks,
Gary

--hide--
John, I'm not sure what to say but here goes....I think that we all have things to deal with. it doesn't matter what our "title" is. I have encountered great never married men that I would have gladly considered getting to know better. I have met a few great widowers. I have also met some great annulled men. Men are just interesting. What can I say? It really is all in timing, attraction, and willingness. We all have gifts to share, stories to tell, pain in our hearts, and love to give! I'm just rying to stay open to someone who wants to share his gifts with me and let me share mine, someone who wants me to know his story and want s to know mine, someone who will let me ease his pain and will ease mine, and most importantly someone who will let me love him and will love me...GODS WILL BE DONE! I'M IN NO HURRY!

12/02/2012 new
(Quote) Nora-914810 said: Hi Josephine Well said and I agree with every point you made. I think society sees us as damaged if you hav...
(Quote) Nora-914810 said: Hi Josephine

Well said and I agree with every point you made. I think society sees us as damaged if you have never been married. I'm pretty much done on here I think I have about a week left on time frame. I have meet a few that I will communicate with outside of here and consider friends. All women. LOL. I wish you luck in finding someone.
--hide--

I wish you luck too and hope you reconsider leaving. The female friend I have made here and the solidarity I feel here with others outweighs the negativity and makes it worth it for me to stay. Hopefully, I will make many more true friends here.
12/02/2012 new
(Quote) Nora-914810 said: Hi Josephine Well said and I agree with every point you made. I think society sees us as damaged if you hav...
(Quote) Nora-914810 said: Hi Josephine

Well said and I agree with every point you made. I think society sees us as damaged if you have never been married. I'm pretty much done on here I think I have about a week left on time frame. I have meet a few that I will communicate with outside of here and consider friends. All women. LOL. I wish you luck in finding someone.
--hide--

Oh and I'm also hopefull that there is someone here for me that will appreciate that I am a never been married person. Good luck again.
12/02/2012 new
I've seen that type of comment on occassion over the time I've been in these forums. It's at best an inconsiderate thing to say, but after thinking about it I say who cares. "You know who you are." That's something as I was growing up and going through life my Mom would say, in light of disappointments that happened along the way. When we do know how good we are and that "God don't make junk", we can more easily let go of those comments along the way. Each and every person on CM, (and everywhere for that matter), is made in the image and likeness of God. We're all made for great things. Thanks for the thought-provoking post John. John
12/02/2012 new

I hope I didn't give the wrong impression, I'm not leaving because of negativity. I just don't think this online stuff is for me, I may reconsider due to the fellowship that is here but don't think after reading from others that they have been on here for years that this is a place to find a relationship. Its really ok and again I think the fellowship is nice guess I have some thinking to do. And who knows, I never say never.

12/02/2012 new

I know this topic very well. As a hispanic female, there was an expectation that I would be married by 21 and have a full blown family by 28. That never happened. My lovely Catholic mother used to pray to St Jude for her hopeless daughter but he never answered her prayers as I am still single. I think she finally gave up on me and St Jude when I turned 40. laughing laughing laughing

I have a good life, all that I need and I am happy. If someone chooses to feel pity me or look down on me because I am NBM, that's their issue. I would rather be happily single than miserably married. Granted, I would rather be happily married but God knows what He is doing.

Peace~

12/02/2012 new
(Quote) John-746882 said: I've seen that type of comment on occassion over the time I've been in these forums. It's at best an in...
(Quote) John-746882 said: I've seen that type of comment on occassion over the time I've been in these forums. It's at best an inconsiderate thing to say, but after thinking about it I say who cares. "You know who you are." That's something as I was growing up and going through life my Mom would say, in light of disappointments that happened along the way. When we do know how good we are and that "God don't make junk", we can more easily let go of those comments along the way. Each and every person on CM, (and everywhere for that matter), is made in the image and likeness of God. We're all made for great things. Thanks for the thought-provoking post John.

John
--hide--

Your mother sounds very wise. I, unfortunately am a bit thin skinned.
Posts 41 - 50 of 55