Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Susie-550311 said: I know this topic very well. As a hispanic female, there was an expectation that I would be married by 21 and ...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

I know this topic very well. As a hispanic female, there was an expectation that I would be married by 21 and have a full blown family by 28. That never happened. My lovely Catholic mother used to pray to St Jude for her hopeless daughter but he never answered her prayers as I am still single. I think she finally gave up on me and St Jude when I turned 40.

I have a good life, all that I need and I am happy. If someone chooses to feel pity me or look down on me because I am NBM, that's their issue. I would rather be happily single than miserably married. Granted, I would rather be happily married but God knows what He is doing.

Peace~

--hide--

Its the same in my Italian culture. But i feel like you- I have a good life. I have great family and friends, am healthy and financially secure. I also would rather be happy and single than married and miserable. I just feel a bit beat down here at times.
Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Your mother sounds very wise. I, unfortunately am a bit thin skinned.
(Quote) Your mother sounds very wise. I, unfortunately am a bit thin skinned.
--hide--
You're right about that Josephine-she was very wise. And that's OK we all feel that way sometimes. Like I say, my initial reaction is to get offended. But later I just have to realize other people's words are no reflection on me. Thanks for the compliment on my Mom, I appreciate that. John
Dec 2nd 2012 new

Being an older man on CM I will reply to some of the quotes. However, I was married and annuled after my then wife found a boyfriend and later married. So an older person would not be able to live with a younger woman because he would be set in his ways. Yes! Probabily wear her out. I think the oldest woman i have dated was 37. We would have been married except her mother was still alive and came with the package. She was a committed Vodka drinker along with two friends (the molesters) were too much for me. Very pretty woman but the family were the ones that were set in their ways. So back to the point at hand, Cloistered monastery. I would make it to about Breakfast, then packing for lunch, and out the door after dinner if and only if the food was good. The Army was bad enought. as a leader on a recon team i supervised 9 to 12 other men who enjoyed sitting out in the jungle during the rain. We adjusted to one another because we keep each other alive. Naturally, there was the occasional iddot who needed to be shot any dam way for his stuipd behavior and ended up dusted off because he got hiself hurt or killed by doing something stupid. It was obligatory that I live in a jungle, and go on Army sponsored camping trips. We led a monastic life. and we were being austere, secreative, and celibate during out time in the jungle. However, we did not stay in the jungle all the time and after running low on amunition and food we would return to a LZ where we you might say through the bible out the window until out next celebate Army vacation chasing bad guys, swatting flies, telling lies and eating food that tasted like a seat on a cross town bus. I was the director of admissions, and admitted lots of NVA and VC into their holy land, and we did have a problem with forgiveness but never injured civilians or did anything illigalas as it were to the code of conduct. solemnly professed bachelors', unable to adapt ? - I doubt that I fall into that catagory. I have been a father a few times myself. Raised them as a single parent and all three finished Colledge. I think the problem with CM is that the women are afraid to try a older guy on for size. And, not only am i a really "knows the ropes and what it takes, i am a relationship pros", so to speak, I can stand "naked" before her because i have nothing to hide. As for the seven deadly sins, I have worked on mine in Pssychoanalysis Pride I love the work I do and am proud of it, ---->> Envy, Avarice, Anger, Lust ( guiltyespecially in the shower, Gluttony on a diet, and Sloth, all no, but i will bring roses and flowers home just to say thank,s. So why are the women on CN reluctant to give us , older guys, a go ? Afraid they will die first ? na - got good jeans. Can work all day and put you to sleep by 10 PM. I AM COMMITTED, or should have been committed and maybe the last boy scout. Hsonest to a fault and can cook. i do psychotherapy in the morning, farming in the after noon, paperwork till 7:30 pm and back rubs and screaming until 10 PM. You might be the loser. I am good till 95 at least and we eat well on the farm, all natural farm raised honest living. Analysis is worthwild and the theater is not dead. We are out there lurking in the shadows, waiting to live and procreate after the military. All we need is a chance. We have what it takes to make a woman happy and live a good life.

Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) John-746882 said: I've seen that type of comment on occassion over the time I've been in these forums. It's at best an in...
(Quote) John-746882 said: I've seen that type of comment on occassion over the time I've been in these forums. It's at best an inconsiderate thing to say, but after thinking about it I say who cares. "You know who you are." That's something as I was growing up and going through life my Mom would say, in light of disappointments that happened along the way. When we do know how good we are and that "God don't make junk", we can more easily let go of those comments along the way. Each and every person on CM, (and everywhere for that matter), is made in the image and likeness of God. We're all made for great things. Thanks for the thought-provoking post John.

John
--hide--

John, you have a wise mother, she raised you well. I have learned over the years that it is easier to let go of the negatives, they give you wrinkles. We need to laugh often and have fun. I have a good life, but I would like to share it with someone special.
Dec 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) John, you have a wise mother, she raised you well. I have learned over the years that it is easier to let go of the negatives, they give you...
(Quote) John, you have a wise mother, she raised you well. I have learned over the years that it is easier to let go of the negatives, they give you wrinkles. We need to laugh often and have fun. I have a good life, but I would like to share it with someone special.
--hide--
Thanks Mary and that's a good outlook. I was raised by a saint, no joke, but I still got a long way to go. But her Mom-isms and wise sayings stick with me. I appreciate the kind words.
Posts 51 - 55 of 55