Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 11th 2012 new

Texas? Snake bite kit. shocked

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: I would be rubbish at firearm safety, as the only thing I can think to say is "Don't tou...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

I would be rubbish at firearm safety, as the only thing I can think to say is "Don't touch it!" Contrary to popular belief, we Texans do not ALL have guns.

--hide--

Hmmm..... scratchchin that sounds like something you need to change. All REAL Idahoens do have a firearm and most carry daily.

Are you sure you're not from Commifornia? eyebrow

No Annie Oakley badge? CowGirl That sounds sexist of the Girl Scouts. What, do they think girls can't handle a gun? Oy vey.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-892171 said: Hmmm..... that sounds like something you need to change. All REAL Idahoens do have a firearm and...
(Quote) Daniel-892171 said:

Hmmm..... that sounds like something you need to change. All REAL Idahoens do have a firearm and most carry daily.

Are you sure you're not from Commifornia?

No Annie Oakley badge? That sounds sexist of the Girl Scouts. What, do they think girls can't handle a gun? Oy vey.

--hide--

Not opposed to guns per se, just never had a need for one. My family doesn't hunt, and I grew up safely in the 'burbs. However, now I am thinking it sure might come in handy now, say, if my honor as a Native Texan were challenged and I had to engage in a duel or something. duck

I think the GS thing is probably a liability issue more than an ability issue. Besides, I probably wouldn't have been all that interested in guns when horses, canoes, archery, or arts and crafts were also options.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: Not opposed to guns per se, just never had a need for one. My family doesn't hun...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

Not opposed to guns per se, just never had a need for one. My family doesn't hunt, and I grew up safely in the 'burbs. However, now I am thinking it sure might come in handy now, say, if my honor as a Native Texan were challenged and I had to engage in a duel or something.

I think the GS thing is probably a liability issue more than an ability issue. Besides, I probably wouldn't have been all that interested in guns when horses, canoes, archery, or arts and crafts were also options.

--hide--

I have never had a need for one either, but I still carry daily. It is more in the event my family or those around me need protection. I find it folly to not have a means to protect my loved ones.

I am glad you are thinking it might be a good idea to own a means of making yourself equal.

It is like a saying about anti gun people. They seem to think "That a woman raped and strangled with her panties is morally superior to a woman with a smoking gun and a dead rapist at her feet." ( Unknown)

Let the flame wars begin flamed

Nov 12th 2012 new

So we ARE having a duel then, since you insinuated I wasn't really a Texan? I will need a little time to prepare unless a knight in shining armor steps up to duel on my behalf. knight-errant

I will probably need a lot of practice... Somehow in a family of all daughters we never even had waterguns when I was a kid.

Nov 12th 2012 new

Wait, since I'm the offended party, do I get to choose the format of the duel? Because I'm thinking a knitting duel would give me a distinct advantage...

Posts 11 - 16 of 16