Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: No, Patricia, these committe meetings are usually not open to the public due to the...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

No, Patricia, these committe meetings are usually not open to the public due to their nature. Don't expect much.

--hide--

Actually, I just turned on the TV and it appears to be ready to start live on CSPAN 3 (and possibly on CSPAN 2) - not sure what is going on CSPAN . They also mentioned that it can be followed live on the internet onwww.cspan.org. Have fun watching!

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Actually, I just turned on the TV and it appears to be ready to start live on CSPAN 3 (...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Actually, I just turned on the TV and it appears to be ready to start live on CSPAN 3 (and possibly on CSPAN 2) - not sure what is going on CSPAN . They also mentioned that it can be followed live on the internet onwww.cspan.org. Have fun watching!

--hide--

Actually, now I'm not sure as CSPAN 3 just said they were waiting to start a confimation hearing for Afghanistan War Commander Nominee. So, maybe I'm wrong. But, I will keep checking. I can't tell yet what CSPAN will be covering starting at 9am

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Actually, now I'm not sure as CSPAN 3 just said they were waiting to start a confim...

Actually, now I'm not sure as CSPAN 3 just said they were waiting to start a confimation hearing for Afghanistan War Commander Nominee. So, maybe I'm wrong. But, I will keep checking. I can't tell yet what CSPAN will be covering starting at 9am

--hide--

Okay, I just did some googling, and it appears Petraeus will be testifying Friday before the House subcommittee, but it will be behind closed doors. (Oh, well.) So, Victor, you were right!

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Actually, I just turned on the TV and it appears to be ready to start live on CSPAN 3 (...

--hide--

Follow, yes, but you won't see or hear the testimony. This is an Intelligence Committee hearing. Those are always held behind closed doors.

theheart

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Follow, yes, but you won't see or hear the testimony. This is an Intelligence C...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Follow, yes, but you won't see or hear the testimony. This is an Intelligence Committee hearing. Those are always held behind closed doors.

--hide--

Victor, are any outsiders (press, observer, etc. ) allowed inside the closed hearing. I would guess the answer is no.

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Victor, are any outsiders (press, observer, etc. ) allowed inside the closed hearing. I...

Victor, are any outsiders (press, observer, etc. ) allowed inside the closed hearing. I would guess the answer is no.

--hide--

scratchchin Mmmm... you're probably right. The committee has released to the press that this hearing is strictly concerning the Benghazi attack and not Petraeus's sexual escapades, so I'm guessing half the country won't have any interest in it anyway.

theheart

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Since it wasn't reported on MSNBC doesn't that mean it did not happen? Excuse me ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Since it wasn't reported on MSNBC doesn't that mean it did not happen? Excuse me while I remove my tongue so firmly stuck in my cheek.

--hide--

.....OR just because it was reported in Fox does not mean it happened. It just means Fox said something and they will withdraw it later, blame it on a mistake, Dick Morris, tin foil intelligence..or its just an attempt to feed more cool aid to its followers... laughing

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Karis-410918 said: .....OR just because it was reported in Fox does not mean it happened. It just means Fox said som...
(Quote) Karis-410918 said:

.....OR just because it was reported in Fox does not mean it happened. It just means Fox said something and they will withdraw it later, blame it on a mistake, Dick Morris, tin foil intelligence..or its just an attempt to feed more cool aid to its followers...

--hide--

Karis, what don't you understand about the fact that a liberal study of media showed that although Fox was to the right of all the other media it still leaned to the left.

Doesn't fit you world view does it?

Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: (Quote) Karis-410918 said: .....OR just because it was reported in Fox does...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Quote:
Karis-410918 said:

.....OR just because it was reported in Fox does not mean it happened. It just means Fox said something and they will withdraw it later, blame it on a mistake, Dick Morris, tin foil intelligence..or its just an attempt to feed more cool aid to its followers...

Karis, what don't you understand about the fact that a liberal study of media showed that although Fox was to the right of all the other media it still leaned to the left.

Doesn't fit you world view does it?

--hide--

No, and that's his whole point. If the news doesn't fit his views then the problem is the news, not him. Besides, Karis isn't saying anything new. Anything he says about anything in his comments I have already heard earlier in the day on NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, or NRR. And if I forgot to turn on either a TV or radio that day I read it in either The New York Times, USA Today, Washington Post, LA Times, Houston Chronicle, or Philadelphia inquirer.

Go to any of those sources on any given day, and you'll already know what will be coming out of Karis's mouth that night. It's all talking points to these people - the party line. The next liberal who opens his mouth and shares an original though will be the first to ever do so.

Typical liberal eliteism. They know better then you, so you just shut up and allow the enlightened to guide you to where you need to be.

theheart

Nov 15th 2012 new

Oh doctor Paul, you hit nail on head!

Posts 101 - 110 of 124