Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Sean-851370 said: The enlightened being those who are spoonfed a daily diet of nonsense from Faux Ne...
(Quote) Sean-851370 said:

The enlightened being those who are spoonfed a daily diet of nonsense from Faux News?

--hide--

The greatest display of desperation is to attack the credibility of facts presented by those with whom you disagree than to present your own that do not exist.

Pathetic and sad... but typical and consistent.

theheart

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Karis-410918 said:Paul, C'mon now. You start your statement with a note of hope and progress, then you end it w...
(Quote) Karis-410918 said:

Paul, C'mon now. You start your statement with a note of hope and progress, then you end it with a stinker. What is up with that....WJ Clinton, a choir boy compared to Obama? Tongue in cheek, right?

--hide--

No, I meant every word. But I did not mean to imply that Obummer is some kind of pervert. I will grant that on that score he is probably better than Clinton.

Everything else he is worse than Clinton and even worse than the until now worst President in my lifetime, Jimmy Peanut. He makes JImmy actual look like a successful President.

By the time the next four years are over, you will be holding youjr head asking yourself, "Why did I vote for this guy?"

You appear to have at least a modicum of intelligence. But I can't figure out how you think a guy who is clueless and way over his head is somehow going to suddenly turn around and do everything right just because he got reelected.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Karis-410918 saidSean, are you suggesting that the republicans may have been involved in the Bengazi attack to caus...
(Quote) Karis-410918 said

Sean, are you suggesting that the republicans may have been involved in the Bengazi attack to cause a Sept surprise for Obama? Could that be the reason why Romney spoke before even the facts were known? Do you think he may have had the facts if the republicans had been involved? Just asking?

--hide--

You have to ask that question of a guy who has repeatedly demonstrated he believes every cockamamie conspiracy around?

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Do you really think he wasn't blackmailed into staying silent before the e...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Do you really think he wasn't blackmailed into staying silent before the election and then blackmailed into resigning just 5 days after the election and 5 days before he was scheduled to testify before a Senate committee over what happened in Libya?

This man has been dangled by the strings from the moment he first unzipped his pants.

--hide--

No, I think he was going to be blackmailed into keeping silent regardless of whether he was employed or not. He took away their postage stamp.

As far as the unzipped pants . . . never underestimated the power of an attractive, intelligent, physically available, attentative (fawning, impressed, wowed, etc) woman. Both parties are at fault, let's make sure the woman does not get a pass, she does not deserve one. I've travelled extensively with my job and unfortunately have been in the company of many a married guy. I can see the doors that open to infidelity even to the most devoted husband (and wife). My rule is to be the last one to arrive at a function and the first to leave. ALONE!

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Unless things have changed it is The uniform Code of Military Justice. POTUS does not com...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Unless things have changed it is The uniform Code of Military Justice. POTUS does not come under the Code. And as we saw during Clinton's stint, it does not matter to the American Public. And sure as h--- does not bother Politicians in the Senate. They gave him a pass. Compared to Obummmer, however, William Jefferson C was a choir boy.

--hide--

sad Mea culpa - Uniform Code of Miltary Justice. (I blended theirs with one I am familar with) Beg pardon.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: There are hardly any "I told you so's" here. Your contention was, and as fa...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

There are hardly any "I told you so's" here. Your contention was, and as far as I can tell still is, that the new Libyan government as an entity is an al Queda front. Nobody is or was disputing that there are extemists operating there. An single attack on an ill-defended compound hardly comes anywhere close to demonstrating that al Queda is calling the shots in Libya.

That aside, I agree that the affair itself is sufficient for his removal.

--hide--

Apparently, the mistress already damaged national security, as reported by WND. In so doing, she also revealed a possible motive for the terrorist act that proves blowback pretty conclusively.

www.wnd.com

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Apparently, the mistress already damaged national security, as reported by WND. In so d...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Apparently, the mistress already damaged national security, as reported by WND. In so doing, she also revealed a possible motive for the terrorist act that proves blowback pretty conclusively.

www.wnd.com

--hide--

eyebrow

Claiming conclusive proof from speculation on a possible motive is clearly uncalled for, but moving from who's what in Libya to what is going on in DC, if Petraeus was telling things to his lover that he shouldn't and she then was including them in public speeches that would certainly be a good reason to replace him.

Nov 11th 2012 new

It is too much of a national security risk for someone in his position or with his level of security clearance to have such a affair hanging over his head. Those serving under him (with such security clearances) would be held to the same standard. I had a much lower security clearance when I worked for the U.S. Navy (as a civilian). This sort of thing is taken very seriously because it is a very typical way in which security can be compromised or by which black-mail can occur. We already know that the FBI was concerned that his personal email may have be compromised. We also know that his mistress (and biographer) sent threatening email/s to another woman. Enemies of the U.S. are constantly trying to get information by breaking in and breaking down security. I think that it was a necessary thing for him to resign...... It is too bad though, because he has certainly done great things for our country. He has had quite and impressive career.

The timing is very suspicious though. I think that there is considerably more to this story. The appropriate people in Congress should have been notified weeks/months ago, but apparently they found out about it from the public news reports. It is also very suspicious the he resigned right before he was scheduled to testify on the mess in Libya. They really need his testimony to help get to the bottom of this. I suspect that his resignation will not keep him from testifying at some point. Also, the Administration should have removed him as soon as they realized that he could be a security risk. I suspect that they knew this considerably before the election. This is more poor judgement by Obama.

Of course, the president and members of congress are privy to all sorts of classified information... and they often fail personally. Our recourse in those cases is to vote them out of office.... or to impeach and remove them from office.

Ed

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: You have to ask that question of a guy who has repeatedly demonstrated he believes every ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

You have to ask that question of a guy who has repeatedly demonstrated he believes every cockamamie conspiracy around?

--hide--

Paul, you're naive. I don't get it. My grandfather is older than you are but believes GW Bush knowingly lied about WMDs in Iraq and questions who profits from all our wars. You seem to believe everything that comes out of an authority figure. I don't hate all authority, but I question the decisions of our government and president. I understand that some people need to follow authority blindly. That is their decision to make. What I don't understand is why people who accuse foreign governments of disseminating propaganda never acuse their own of doing the same.

Nov 11th 2012 new

Vic, do not take your self too seriously. Thia is a clown colony. I am just having some funny.

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: You know, the next comment you make that is based in fact will be the first comment...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

You know, the next comment you make that is based in fact will be the first comment you make that is based in fact.

So is the life of the truly enlightened, I suppose...

I certainly hope the good Lord never blesses me with such enlightenment.

--hide--

Posts 51 - 60 of 124