Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Marijuana was legalized in two states. Is that good? Is that bad?

Now, I think those getting harmed by its effects can sue the state for legalizing it.

11/10/2012 new

what state beside colorado? according to the gals on the View, they said everyone will be packing their bags and moving to colorado. Nothing like going backwards to our college days. I saw the special on the news where they were making the brownies and candy to sell. Looks like a good business to get into to make profit from it. I'm packing my bags and moving there too. HA HA

11/10/2012 new

Hi Marianne,

Nice seeing you again.

Some questions are so easy to answer. The answer is... nobody.

Alcohol kills thousands each year. And yet nobody has sued the State because of the the repeal of the Volstead Act.

The number of deaths from tobacco has been in the hundreds of thousands, if not greatly more. Nobody has sued the state.
In fact, the tobacco companies engaged in a brilliant (if highly immoral) act of obfuscating the facts, and saying "well, there could
be lots of other reasons this person died, so you can't blame it on tobacco. They also enlisted public relations firms like Hill &
Knowlton, and engaged renegade (if highly intelligent and credentialed) scientists (This same technique is now being used to
deny global warming). And until recently, nobody was successfully sued.

Cheers!

James ☺

11/10/2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Marijuana was legalized in two states. Is that good? Is that bad? Now, I think those g...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Marijuana was legalized in two states. Is that good? Is that bad?

Now, I think those getting harmed by its effects can sue the state for legalizing it.

--hide--

Oh, I forgot to mention that if you are aware of fatality statistics involving pot, please post them here.

wink

James ☺

11/10/2012 new

I might add that it is given to people who have glaucoma...that would me me as I fit into that category.

11/10/2012 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: Oh, I forgot to mention that if you are aware of fatality statistics involving pot, please...
(Quote) James-17080 said:

Oh, I forgot to mention that if you are aware of fatality statistics involving pot, please post them here.

James ☺

--hide--

How about the statistics that clearly prove that marijuana is a gateway drug to addiction to harder drugs, and the statistics that directly correlate drug abuse to spousal and child abuse, including sexual abuse and rape? How many cases of date rape are directly attributable to the assailant being high on marijuana or other drugs at the time of the assault? How many workplace accidents are directly attributable to the at-fault worker being under the influence od a drug, and how many of those were pot smokers prior to their current addiction? Those statistics are conclusive and undeniable.

theheart

11/10/2012 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: what state beside colorado? according to the gals on the View, they said everyone will be packing...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

what state beside colorado? according to the gals on the View, they said everyone will be packing their bags and moving to colorado. Nothing like going backwards to our college days. I saw the special on the news where they were making the brownies and candy to sell. Looks like a good business to get into to make profit from it. I'm packing my bags and moving there too. HA HA

--hide--

Washington State also legalized it along with same sex marriage.

The city of Seattle stopped enfocing laws a couple of years ago and there are all kinds of "licensed" pot sellers there.

What a joke, the inmates have taken over the institution.

11/10/2012 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: what state beside colorado? according to the gals on the View, they said everyone will be packing...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

--hide--

I read in the newspaper that Washington also approved it.

11/10/2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: How about the statistics that clearly prove that marijuana is a gateway drug to add...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

How about the statistics that clearly prove that marijuana is a gateway drug to addiction to harder drugs, and the statistics that directly correlate drug abuse to spousal and child abuse, including sexual abuse and rape? How many cases of date rape are directly attributable to the assailant being high on marijuana or other drugs at the time of the assault? How many workplace accidents are directly attributable to the at-fault worker being under the influence od a drug, and how many of those were pot smokers prior to their current addiction? Those statistics are conclusive and undeniable.

--hide--

Those are good reasons not to use it.

11/10/2012 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Marianne,Nice seeing you again. Some questions are so easy to answer. The answe...
(Quote) James-17080 said:

Hi Marianne,

Nice seeing you again.

Some questions are so easy to answer. The answer is... nobody.

Alcohol kills thousands each year. And yet nobody has sued the State because of the the repeal of the Volstead Act.

The number of deaths from tobacco has been in the hundreds of thousands, if not greatly more. Nobody has sued the state.
In fact, the tobacco companies engaged in a brilliant (if highly immoral) act of obfuscating the facts, and saying "well, there could
be lots of other reasons this person died, so you can't blame it on tobacco. They also enlisted public relations firms like Hill &
Knowlton, and engaged renegade (if highly intelligent and credentialed) scientists (This same technique is now being used to
deny global warming). And until recently, nobody was successfully sued.

Cheers!

James ☺

--hide--

The earth has been warming since the end of the last ice age and will continue to do so until,the next ice age begins.

It must have been all those cave men buring whatever was available to stay warm that caused the ice age to end.

Reluctantly, climate scientist admit average temperature in the 1930's were warmer than they are today. As best as can be determined scientifically, the 1300s were warmer than today. Must have been all those bodies they burned who died from the plague. Recent studies have also shown that warming stopped several years ago.

The funniest aspect of this whole canard is that one of the scientist who started the whole global warming insanity was a leading advocate of the new ice age just a few years before he discovered he could make more money by touting warming as the problem.

Posts 1 - 10 of 103