Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: The earth has been warming since the end of the last ice age and will continue to do so u...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

The earth has been warming since the end of the last ice age and will continue to do so until,the next ice age begins.

It must have been all those cave men buring whatever was available to stay warm that caused the ice age to end.

Reluctantly, climate scientist admit average temperature in the 1930's were warmer than they are today. As best as can be determined scientifically, the 1300s were warmer than today. Must have been all those bodies they burned who died from the plague. Recent studies have also shown that warming stopped several years ago.

The funniest aspect of this whole canard is that one of the scientist who started the whole global warming insanity was a leading advocate of the new ice age just a few years before he discovered he could make more money by touting warming as the problem.

--hide--

Why don't people believe any of this? It may be true that the earth's average temperature has increased a bit, but
who said that it should not change over the course of time. As you said, it has increased and decreased.

People need to believe conspiracy theories. And that sells.

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Washington State also legalized it along with same sex marriage. The city of Seatt...

Washington State also legalized it along with same sex marriage.

The city of Seattle stopped enfocing laws a couple of years ago and there are all kinds of "licensed" pot sellers there.

What a joke, the inmates have taken over the institution.

--hide--

I think they should have similar laws like they do for alcohol at least.

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: Oh, I forgot to mention that if you are aware of fatality statistics involving pot, please...
(Quote) James-17080 said:

Oh, I forgot to mention that if you are aware of fatality statistics involving pot, please post them here.

James ☺

--hide--

Pot smoking is really bad for the lungs (ex. Wilie Nelson who now uses some type of hookah device to cut down on impurities, etc. from smoking rolled joints). It is worse for lungs than cigarette smoking. Don't know if there are any studies done on incidence of lung cancer due to marijuana use yet.

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: (Quote) James-17080 said: Oh, I forgot to mention that if you are...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Quote:
James-17080 said:

Oh, I forgot to mention that if you are aware of fatality statistics involving pot, please post them here.

James ☺

How about the statistics that clearly prove that marijuana is a gateway drug to addiction to harder drugs, and the statistics that directly correlate drug abuse to spousal and child abuse, including sexual abuse and rape? How many cases of date rape are directly attributable to the assailant being high on marijuana or other drugs at the time of the assault? How many workplace accidents are directly attributable to the at-fault worker being under the influence od a drug, and how many of those were pot smokers prior to their current addiction? Those statistics are conclusive and undeniable.

--hide--

You're confusing pot with alcohol. Alcohol is the gateway drug, not pot.

Still, you're point is not entirely without merit. You would no doubt be in favor of reinstating the 18th Amendment, right?

James ☺

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) James-17080 said: Oh, I forgot to mention that if you ar...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Quote:
James-17080 said:

James ☺

Pot smoking is really bad for the lungs (ex. Wilie Nelson who now uses some type of hookah device to cut down on impurities, etc. from smoking rolled joints). It is worse for lungs than cigarette smoking. Don't know if there are any studies done on incidence of lung cancer due to marijuana use yet.

--hide--

Hi Patricia et alia,

Well, that's an interesting point. Back in the late 70s, I guess, pot was suggested as a possible drug to attenuate the symptoms of asthma. In 1979, I was at a party and someone was passing around a joint. I tried it for the first time, and inhaled deeply. Did it clear up my lungs? A little bit, yet. Then I wondered what kind of psychoactive effect I would feel. I didn't feel anything. Then again, we were all pretty rocked on vodka. Interestingly, I remember the ride home in the cab and the cab driver's name. I got home safely. I tried it once again at another party, and then never used it again. Doing illicit drugs is not my thing, and as you know, there are pretty good inhalers for asthma nowadays.

Seeing studies on lung cancer rates due to pot smoking would be interesting indeed. There are confounding factors that have to be accounted for and ruled out.

James ☺

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: (Quote) Patricia-29176 said: (Quote) James-17080 said: ...

Quote:
Patricia-29176 said:

Quote:
James-17080 said:

James ☺

Hi Patricia et alia,

Well, that's an interesting point. Back in the late 70s, I guess, pot was suggested as a possible drug to attenuate the symptoms of asthma. In 1979, I was at a party and someone was passing around a joint. I tried it for the first time, and inhaled deeply. Did it clear up my lungs? A little bit, yet. Then I wondered what kind of psychoactive effect I would feel. I didn't feel anything. Then again, we were all pretty rocked on vodka. Interestingly, I remember the ride home in the cab and the cab driver's name. I got home safely. I tried it once again at another party, and then never used it again. Doing illicit drugs is not my thing, and as you know, there are pretty good inhalers for asthma nowadays.

Seeing studies on lung cancer rates due to pot smoking would be interesting indeed. There are confounding factors that have to be accounted for and ruled out.

James ☺

--hide--

Errata: "A little bit, yet" should be "A little bit, yes".

One should not typewrite whilst very tired.

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) James-17080 said:Hi Patricia et alia,Well, that's an interesting point. Back in the late 70s, I guess, pot ...
Hi Patricia et alia,

James ☺

--hide--

Even earlier, tobacco smoking was considered a palative for asthma. My old Pastor was told by Doctors to smoke as a very young man (late teens) to alleviate his asthma. Later in life, in the 1960's, when he was having heart problems his Doctors made him stop smoking, His asthma kicked up again.

The proof of marijuana being as bad as tobacco will start to appear relatively soon because all those 60's hop heads who continued to use are now entering the age when lung cancers and other lung problems start kicking in with a vengence.

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Even earlier, tobacco smoking was considered a palative for asthma. My old Pastor was tol...

Even earlier, tobacco smoking was considered a palative for asthma. My old Pastor was told by Doctors to smoke as a very young man (late teens) to alleviate his asthma. Later in life, in the 1960's, when he was having heart problems his Doctors made him stop smoking, His asthma kicked up again.

The proof of marijuana being as bad as tobacco will start to appear relatively soon because all those 60's hop heads who continued to use are now entering the age when lung cancers and other lung problems start kicking in with a vengence.

--hide--

I am shocked to hear that smoking alleviates asthma. Never heard that before. One would think it would make it worse.

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) Paul-866591 said: Even earlier, tobacco smoking was co...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Quote:
Paul-866591 said:

I am shocked to hear that smoking alleviates asthma. Never heard that before. One would think it would make it worse.

--hide--

I'm suddenly reminded of the magazine ads from the 40's, with "doctors" endorsing Chesterfield Cigarettes as being good for your throat

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I am shocked to hear that smoking alleviates asthma. Never heard that before. One woul...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

--hide--

Smoking does not alleviate asthma. Smoking, in fact, including secondhand smoke is one of the biggest triggers of asthma.

Posts 11 - 20 of 103