Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Please keep me in your prayers today. I am having a really rough day.
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Please keep me in your prayers today. I am having a really rough day.
--hide--

Praying theheart

Dec 3rd 2012 new
--hide--

Praying rosary theheart
Dec 3rd 2012 new

Day 34, Tuesday December 4, Sorrowful Mysteries

Dec 4th 2012 new
--hide--

Praying hug rosary
Dec 4th 2012 new

Praying rosary theheart

Dec 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Cherie-872998 said: Day 34, Tuesday December 4, Sorrowful Mysteries
(Quote) Cherie-872998 said:

Day 34, Tuesday December 4, Sorrowful Mysteries

--hide--

Being at Calvary, where Jesus died, the experience of our own sins should move us to be sorry, to make a deeper and more mature decision not to offend him again.

- St. Josemaria Escriva, from "The Forge", point #402

rosary

Dec 4th 2012 new

Praying rosary theheart

Dec 4th 2012 new

Day 34 - December 4 - Sorrowful Mysteries

Praying rosary theheart

Dec 4th 2012 new

Day 35, Wednesday December 5, Glorious Mysteries

Dec 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Cherie-872998 said: Day 35, Wednesday December 5, Glorious Mysteries
(Quote) Cherie-872998 said:

Day 35, Wednesday December 5, Glorious Mysteries

--hide--

Jesus has kept his promise

The solemn coming of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost was not an isolated event. There is hardly a page in the Acts of the Apostles where we fail to read about him and the action by which he guides, directs and enlivens the life and work of the early Christian community. It is he who inspires the preaching of Saint Peter, who strengthens the faith of the disciples, who confirms with his presence the calling of the gentiles, who sends Saul and Barnabas to the distant lands where they will open new paths for the teaching of Jesus. In a word, his presence and doctrine are everywhere.

The profound reality which we see in the texts of holy Scripture is not a remembrance from the past, from some golden age of the Church which has since been buried in history. Despite the weaknesses and the sins of every one of us, it is the reality of today’s Church and the Church of all time. I will ask the Father, our Lord told his disciples, and he will give you another Counselor to dwell with you forever. (Jn 14:16) Jesus has kept his promise. He has risen from the dead, and in union with the eternal Father, he sends us the Holy Spirit to sanctify us and to give us life.

- St. Josemaria Escriva, from "Christ is Passing By", pp. 127-128

rosary
Posts 171 - 180 of 200