Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Nov 17th 2012 new

rosary This novena still amazes me! theheart It is SO great to be Catholic! biggrin

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Lois-765906 said: This novena still amazes me! It is SO great to be Catholic!
(Quote) Lois-765906 said:

This novena still amazes me! It is SO great to be Catholic!

--hide--

AMEN!!! theheart Praying rosary

Nov 18th 2012 new

Day 18, Sunday November 18, Luminous Mysteries

Nov 18th 2012 new

Praying rosary Dove theheart

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Cherie-872998 said: Day 18, Sunday November 18, Luminous Mysteries
(Quote) Cherie-872998 said:

Day 18, Sunday November 18, Luminous Mysteries

--hide--

The kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel (Mk 1:15).

And all the crowd gathered about him, and he taught them (Mk 2:13).

Jesus sees the boats on the shore and gets into one of them. How naturally Jesus steps into the boat of each and every one of us!

When you seek to draw close to our Lord, remember that he is always very close to you, that he is in you:regnum Dei intra vos est (Lk 17:21). The kingdom of God is within you. You will find him in your heart.

Christ should reign first and foremost in our soul. But in order for him to reign in me, I need his abundant grace. Only in that way can my every heartbeat and breath, my least intense look, my most ordinary word, my most basic feeling be transformed into a hosanna to Christ my king.

Duc in altum. Put out into deep water! Throw aside the pessimism that makes a coward of you. Et laxate retia vestra in capturam. And pay out your nets for a catch!

We have to place our trust in our Lord ‘s words: get into the boat, take the oars, hoist the sails and launch out into this sea of the world which Christ gives us as an inheritance.

Et regni eius non erit finis. His kingdom will have no end.

Doesn’t it fill you with joy to work for such a kingdom?

- St. Josemaria Escriva

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Lois-765906 said: This novena still amazes me! It is SO great to be Catholic!
(Quote) Lois-765906 said:

This novena still amazes me! It is SO great to be Catholic!

--hide--

God is most generous when we respond to His call with willingness.

Keep up the good work!

rosary

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: The kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel (Mk 1:15).
(Quote) David-364112 said:

The kingdom of God is at hand; repent, and believe in the gospel (Mk 1:15).

And all the crowd gathered about him, and he taught them (Mk 2:13).

Jesus sees the boats on the shore and gets into one of them. How naturally Jesus steps into the boat of each and every one of us!

When you seek to draw close to our Lord, remember that he is always very close to you, that he is in you:regnum Dei intra vos est (Lk 17:21). The kingdom of God is within you. You will find him in your heart.

Christ should reign first and foremost in our soul. But in order for him to reign in me, I need his abundant grace. Only in that way can my every heartbeat and breath, my least intense look, my most ordinary word, my most basic feeling be transformed into a hosanna to Christ my king.

Duc in altum. Put out into deep water! Throw aside the pessimism that makes a coward of you. Et laxate retia vestra in capturam. And pay out your nets for a catch!

We have to place our trust in our Lord ‘s words: get into the boat, take the oars, hoist the sails and launch out into this sea of the world which Christ gives us as an inheritance.

Et regni eius non erit finis. His kingdom will have no end.

Doesn’t it fill you with joy to work for such a kingdom?

- St. Josemaria Escriva

--hide--

David,

Thank you so much for posting such beautiful reflections for us to meditate on every day. Your gift is a blessing to many.

Thank you,

Cherie rosary

Nov 18th 2012 new

hug Praying rosary theheart

Nov 18th 2012 new

Day 19, Monday November 19, Sorrowful Mysteries

Nov 18th 2012 new

Thank you David for those words of encouragement. His call on me has been such an integral part of my life, I have not really given it (being "called") that much thought as of late. Perhaps I have mistakenly taken it for granted. Now I find that my initial 'willingness' has evolved into a passionate quest and I know my adventure is just beginning! How wonderful! theheart rosary rose

Posts 61 - 70 of 200