Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread. A number of...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread. A number of threads already explored ideas on how to make one's profile attractive and hence possibly increase the chances of meeting more people, so why not explore the other side of the coin. I just wish to know what will make you skip a profile? or what's in a profile that turns you off? The "weak" points in our profile will identify areas that need improvement. The more specific your comments, the better it is. So keep it coming.

--hide--
No picture is number one for me, followed by poor grammar.
Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread...

While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread. A number of threads already explored ideas on how to make one's profile attractive and hence possibly increase the chances of meeting more people, so why not explore the other side of the coin. I just wish to know what will make you skip a profile? or what's in a profile that turns you off? The "weak" points in our profile will identify areas that need improvement. The more specific your comments, the better it is. So keep it coming.

--hide--

What turns me off is when they have "and NO picking my nose". I mean, if you can pick your friends and pick your nose then a person should be able to pick a friends nose. boggled eyepopping laughing OK. So, turn offs.......well, women over 25, women who are not hot, women who don't think I'm the greatest. wide eyed eyepopping tongue laughing OK, OK, I keed. I keed. So, for me, I look at it from the perspective of about what is of importance in my values. So, someone who attends Mass weekly, frequents the sacraments, committed to chastity, and who appears to be in love with the Lord and has a strong relationship with Him. I think marriage is about helping getting each other to Heaven and so when I start looking again, I'd be looking for someone who'd want the same and I think the qualifiers I listed cover that.

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Kim-825990 said: No picture is number one for me, followed by poor grammar.
(Quote) Kim-825990 said: No picture is number one for me, followed by poor grammar.
--hide--

Yeah, someone who is edjumicated, not some idjut. laughing Sorry, couldn't resist.

Nov 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Dan-656122 said: What turns me off is when they have "and NO picking my nose". I mean, if you can pick your frie...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

What turns me off is when they have "and NO picking my nose". I mean, if you can pick your friends and pick your nose then a person should be able to pick a friends nose. OK. So, turn offs.......well, women over 25, women who are not hot, women who don't think I'm the greatest. OK, OK, I keed. I keed. So, for me, I look at it from the perspective of about what is of importance in my values. So, someone who attends Mass weekly, frequents the sacraments, committed to chastity, and who appears to be in love with the Lord and has a strong relationship with Him. I think marriage is about helping getting each other to Heaven and so when I start looking again, I'd be looking for someone who'd want the same and I think the qualifiers I listed cover that.

--hide--
I have to disagree with you about the nose picking. What's so bad about picking each others noses? Lol!
Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Kim-825990 said: I have to disagree with you about the nose picking. What's so bad about picking each others noses? Lol...
(Quote) Kim-825990 said: I have to disagree with you about the nose picking. What's so bad about picking each others noses? Lol!
--hide--

Yeah, baby!!! laughing You're a riot, Kim.

Nov 12th 2012 new

Not answering most if not all of the faith wuestions, having poor grammar or spelling, long distance (I am through with LDRs), not SMILING in your profile photo, and egotistical.arrogant answers.

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: You're a doll.
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

You're a doll.

--hide--

Carl heart Thank you for your kind words. I pray you will find the right person who will have the depth of character to look for who you are when the times comes for you to get to know someone you like! I pray that the right doors open!

Nov 12th 2012 new

Interesting ... one can learn something about profiles here.... and about people... GBU all

Nov 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: Gustavo's statement may have struck a sensitive nerve on some people. But in his defense, I think he is ...

Gustavo's statement may have struck a sensitive nerve on some people. But in his defense, I think he is merely answering the question "what will make you skip a profile? or what turns you off?" Nowhere in his statement did I read any judgement passed on women with kids. It might have just been his preference and he is entitled to that. Similarly, everyone else has their own personal preference and deserves to be respected for having such.

--hide--

I don't look at profiles of people who say they have kids. My concern with that is that they had a kid with a past girlfriend and she could jump into the picture at anytime to cause all sorts of drama that I have no reason to get involved with in the first place. I think a lot of people who have never been married and have no kids would like too find someone else who's slate is also clean so that they can both start from scratch. There is nothing wrong with that.

On a side note, should smokers say "never" to smoking in order to get more people to talk to them? Most people who smoke are just as good as the next guy and some are better. You might be missing out on a great person if you would brush them over because of one bad habit.
Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: AH YES Angela, SINCE my childhood I've always dreamed I'd find the perfect husband a par...
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

AH YES Angela, SINCE my childhood I've always dreamed I'd find the perfect husband a paraniod schizophrenic, OCD, with active HALLUCINATIONS WHO IS CONFUSED ENOUGH THAT HE BELIEVES all our ex landscaping crew was somehow related to the speculative figure on the grassy knoll in the circle surroundingthe book deposit in Dallas. Really quite charming !

--hide--
laughing laughing laughing laughing clap clap

Posts 121 - 130 of 200