Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread. A number of threads already explored ideas on how to make one's profile attractive and hence possibly increase the chances of meeting more people, so why not explore the other side of the coin. I just wish to know what will make you skip a profile? or what's in a profile that turns you off? The "weak" points in our profile will identify areas that need improvement. The more specific your comments, the better it is. So keep it coming.

--hide--
Kahirup...this isn't aimed at you...I just want to extend a helping hand. If you are a person who doesn't know what to write on your profile... leave me a note perhaps we can chat about you and I will be willing to help you tweak your profile. There are lots of great folks here who would also be willing to help and lots of great men and women that I'd hate for you to miss out on because you are having a tough time expressing yourself or filling in the blanks! Come on let me help you out... what do you have to loose?

Nov 12th 2012 new
(Quote) Eve-95142 said: St Joseph faced this situation once.
(Quote) Eve-95142 said:

St Joseph faced this situation once.

--hide--

Difference is that Jesus was the son of God and not some jerk of a bumb. And also, before he knew that God was the father his intention was to divorce Mary. Was that mindset really so different from what these men are saying?
Nov 12th 2012 new

I also like to add that cussing, swearing in vain, or foul language in any mean of communication. It driving me nuts.

(the few exception that I have in my mind are from peers, competitive-related sports and so on that it really irrelevant to this topic)

Nov 12th 2012 new
To Gustavo and all of you who are upset because of what I've said. Yet again I understand if you don't want to get into a relationship with someone who had kids from a previous relationship for various reasons. Fair enough BUT you should remember that you don't know people's past or excuses for being in such a situation and since no one knows the future you don't know if one day it might be you in that very same situation. What are going to do ? Abandon yours kids? I don't think so. We're all here trying to find that special one for each of us, it seems that we exactly no what we're looking for but no one is perfect. And Gustavo the thing out there would be LOVE I believe. That being said lets not jeopardize the original post. I can't remember you said that thing about smokers but I'll reconsider my position and open up :)
Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Girls with kids (especially those who've never married), tattoos, smokers, less than 7/7 and no pi...
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Girls with kids (especially those who've never married), tattoos, smokers, less than 7/7 and no pic
--hide--

I understand if you dont want to date someone with kids. One would assume some sort of responsibility for the kids if fully involved,what a commitment! As far as someone never being married and having kids,everyones situation is different.

Nov 12th 2012 new

Here are my profile turn offs, smokers, I quit a few years ago. Also, photos with what looks like a girlfriend.

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Sheila-371804 said: Hey handsome Dave, thanks for the support, it's as if people on the site either want to play...
(Quote) Sheila-371804 said:

Hey handsome Dave, thanks for the support, it's as if people on the site either want to play word games appropriate for a 4th grader, or they want to squabble over politics ? Where's all the fun flirtatious activities between the genders ? this site is looking less like a dating site, and more like a reality show where every one is disagreeing. ARE WE HAVING FUN YET ?

God bless all,
SHEILA

--hide--

embarassed heartbeat Wolf Whistle ------> Where's all the fun flirtatious activities between the genders ? <--- biggrin

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: If she doesn't agree with the Church's teaching on premarital sex and contraception, and s...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

If she doesn't agree with the Church's teaching on premarital sex and contraception, and she and I become involved, she pretty much has no choice in the matter.

Liberals, however..........that seems like a train wreck waiting to happen.

--hide--

Wise man.

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Elisabeth-916432 said: since no one knows the future you don't know if one day it might be you in that very same situa...
(Quote) Elisabeth-916432 said: since no one knows the future you don't know if one day it might be you in that very same situation. What are going to do ? Abandon yours kids? I don't think so.
--hide--
Elisabeth - very true! God bless.

Nov 12th 2012 new

I feel hesitant to check these profiles:

1) without picture (faceless profiles). I don't know how people want to know
each other without knowing each other's face. Faceless profile is very
mysterious. It does not tell you what the person looks like or it looks like
hiding something. I don't like mysterious thing in getting to know people. I
don’t like guessing what behind a faceless profile. Is he an Asian man, a
Caucasian, black, or a scammer? Is he hiding his look? But, why is he hiding
his face? If you are serious in joining a dating website, you must show your
face. Why do you want to hide your face?

2) there is a "no" answer to any of 7 faith questions. Is he a
Catholic?

3) start with these sentences "Hi, my name is........ I am a ....... years old
living in......." and it's full of "strange" or wrong grammar.

4) the opening sentences about
the deceased spouse. Worst, if the whole introduction is full of memories about
the deceased spouse.

Warmest regards and God bless you.

Posts 131 - 140 of 200