Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 12th 2012 new
Self-aggrandizement in profile statements. Especially when guys state how "good-looking" they are, and then don't post a picture!!! Hmm?!! Attractiveness, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder!!
Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Kris-876181 said: Self-aggrandizement in profile statements. Especially when guys state how "good-looking" they a...
(Quote) Kris-876181 said: Self-aggrandizement in profile statements. Especially when guys state how "good-looking" they are, and then don't post a picture!!! Hmm?!! Attractiveness, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder!!
--hide--

Yes attractiveness, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder and because that is so there is someone for everyone. :):):) A good thing. :):)

Nov 12th 2012 new

Very interesting thread you opened, thanks for that Kahirup!

Most things have been mentioned so that I would not want to repeat them. But another turn-off for me is, when I read in the "about me" section how they glorify themselves, how good they are.

An other thing is their never ending list of all their activities and hobbies. After all most men in my age range should still be working, or?

I wonder when they find the time to do all those things and if there would be a woman in their lifes I ask myself: what would they give up?

I should review my profile and check it out again ... BTW my mother language is not English.

THANKS again Kahirup!

Nov 12th 2012 new

Great question!!! Thank you for asking this......I have learned not to respond to the divorced but not annulled, or worse, unsure if they are free to marry or what. When they are available to date, then lets talk. Until then, they are married. If they dont know, then chances are they will not be great spiritual heads of household....
Less than 7 out of 7
Profiles that never even mention spirituality or faith
Physical fitness requirements stated right up front - sorry guys, not cool
References to finances or lack thereof....I think its better to get to know someone before financial circumstances are even relevant.

Lastly, those who seem very engaged in conversation with you and then, over time, seem to always be online at all hours. Nothing wrong with that, just seems difficult to explore multiple people at a time I think.

Just my two cents......

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Robin-878039 said: Lastly, those who seem very engaged in conversation with you and then, over time, seem to alw...
(Quote) Robin-878039 said:

Lastly, those who seem very engaged in conversation with you and then, over time, seem to always be online at all hours. Nothing wrong with that, just seems difficult to explore multiple people at a time I think.

--hide--

Not necessarily. Anyone who knows me personally on this site knows that I talk to a lot of people here, and could be engaged in a number of conversations at any given time. I just don't do it all the time. I use my time on site like I'm hanging out at a wedding reception or party - banter among the group at the table or bar while giving one among the group more specific attention. It doesn't happen all the time, or even very often, but it still does from time to time. It's called being sociable.

theheart

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Not necessarily. Anyone who knows me personally on this site knows that I talk to a...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Not necessarily. Anyone who knows me personally on this site knows that I talk to a lot of people here, and could be engaged in a number of conversations at any given time. I just don't do it all the time. I use my time on site like I'm hanging out at a wedding reception or party - banter among the group at the table or bar while giving one among the group more specific attention. It doesn't happen all the time, or even very often, but it still does from time to time. It's called being sociable.

--hide--
Thanks, Victor. I'll keep that in mind.

Nov 12th 2012 new
When these men in their late 30's and 40 ' s are looking for a relationship with a woman with no kids ,cut it out ! You were suppose to do that in your 20 ' s , you are a little to old for that now ! That's a total turn off . When most of these men with these high demands look much older than their age anyway . Total Turn Off. So let me get this straight your 40 and your looking for a 20 year old with no kids ? Good luck with your search !
Nov 12th 2012 new
Robin that is too funny
Nov 12th 2012 new

:)

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: On a side note, should smokers say "never" to smoking in order to get more people to tal...
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said:
On a side note, should smokers say "never" to smoking in order to get more people to talk to them? Most people who smoke are just as good as the next guy and some are better. You might be missing out on a great person if you would brush them over because of one bad habit.
--hide--

I lost my husband to lung cancer, so smoking is a definite NO for me.

Posts 151 - 160 of 200