Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

11/12/2012 new

Can I just say thank you! I couldn't believe someone would write "girls with kids"! Like we just picked them up on the corner or something. If you're Catholic, life is part of the deal when you're married. Geez. Talk about turn offs. Guys who don't like "girls with kids" on a Catholic website.

11/12/2012 new

(Quote) Carmen-910629 said: Can I just say thank you! I couldn't believe someone would write "girls with kids"...
(Quote) Carmen-910629 said:

Can I just say thank you! I couldn't believe someone would write "girls with kids"! Like we just picked them up on the corner or something. If you're Catholic, life is part of the deal when you're married. Geez. Talk about turn offs. Guys who don't like "girls with kids" on a Catholic website.

--hide--

I didn't agree with what could have been inferred by his statement, but he's certainly within his right to have his own preferences.

If you a single mother, consider it time saved and opportunity gained rather than opportunity lost.

theheart

11/12/2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: (Quote) Robin-878039 said: Lastly, those who seem very engaged in con...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Quote:
Robin-878039 said:

Lastly, those who seem very engaged in conversation with you and then, over time, seem to always be online at all hours. Nothing wrong with that, just seems difficult to explore multiple people at a time I think.

Not necessarily. Anyone who knows me personally on this site knows that I talk to a lot of people here, and could be engaged in a number of conversations at any given time. I just don't do it all the time. I use my time on site like I'm hanging out at a wedding reception or party - banter among the group at the table or bar while giving one among the group more specific attention. It doesn't happen all the time, or even very often, but it still does from time to time. It's called being sociable.

--hide--

Victor,

You state, "it's called being sociable".....................and very popular. Some guys get all the gals.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

11/12/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Victor,You state, "it's called being sociable".....................a...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Victor,

You state, "it's called being sociable".....................and very popular. Some guys get all the gals.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Yeah... the ones who aren't spending all night online talking to them! rolling eyes

theheart

11/12/2012 new

(Quote) Joe-787295 said: I too hate emotigrams, ugh. If you're going to take the time to send a smile say "...
(Quote) Joe-787295 said:

I too hate emotigrams, ugh. If you're going to take the time to send a smile say "hi" at least or don't.

Hey Johnny, thanks for bringing up the text language communication. At your age of 24, I can cut that some slack. If you are doing that at my age of 49, really; grow up. No one is impressed.

I can't think of anything more attractive to an adult female than a middle age man with a little pot belly, an earring and typing LOL at the end of his sentances.

And can I ask, are there others that think emotigrams are stupid? I find it a turn off when I get " Suzy Beamed a Smile at You" and that is it. We are all adults, if there is interest; send a short message.

--hide--

11/12/2012 new

Hi Victor, it was the words he chose "girls" instead of "women". It implies a certain amount of irresponsibility. Of course, he's entitled to his own opinion about everything, but really, "girls with kids"? In my situation I am divorced, not a single mom, but either way. Anyone who has had to face divorce or raise children by themselves has had to live and give at a level of humility I hope Gustavo never knows.

11/12/2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Spoken from experience and logic. What's in it for me to devote time, money and resources ...
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said:

Spoken from experience and logic. What's in it for me to devote time, money and resources to raise another man's offspring? Most young ladies with kids I've met AREN'T widows.
--hide--

Wow, Gustavo, I'm sorry you've experienced such a hard time with "girls with kids" and "another man's offspring". It is a blessing for those of us "women with children" from "their ex-husband" that men with your preferences avoid our profiles. God Bless you for being honest.

11/12/2012 new

(Quote) Carmen-910629 said: Wow, Gustavo, I'm sorry you've experienced such a hard time with "...
(Quote) Carmen-910629 said:

Wow, Gustavo, I'm sorry you've experienced such a hard time with "girls with kids" and "another man's offspring". It is a blessing for those of us "women with children" from "their ex-husband" that men with your preferences avoid our profiles. God Bless you for being honest.

--hide--

flamed flamed flamed flamed flamed flamed flamed flamed flamed

theheart

11/12/2012 new

Bravo! None of the women and men (who have children or ex-spouses) planned it that way. We are trying to be responsible and carry our crosses in His example. We would never wish our circumstances on someone else, but it is what it is. I wish everyone the best in finding their match here.

11/12/2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Not necessarily. Anyone who knows me personally on this site knows that I talk to a...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Not necessarily. Anyone who knows me personally on this site knows that I talk to a lot of people here, and could be engaged in a number of conversations at any given time. I just don't do it all the time. I use my time on site like I'm hanging out at a wedding reception or party - banter among the group at the table or bar while giving one among the group more specific attention. It doesn't happen all the time, or even very often, but it still does from time to time. It's called being sociable.

--hide--
Hey Vic; I would ejoy a "couple of cold ones" and Banter or whatever with ya bro! Maybe at a "CM" event!! Mike "peace"!!

Posts 161 - 170 of 200