Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: I am happy that this thread has been helpful to a number of people.
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

I am happy that this thread has been helpful to a number of people.

--hide--

It sent me to edit my profile. Actually, I redid the "about me" and "looking for" sections completely. Next step is to get someone to take a better picture for me.

Nov 13th 2012 new

I know that some people... both men and women... have posted about being turned off by a larger, heavier set person. That's understandable. As a full figured woman, I am not particularly attracted to slight men (not that it would stop me from getting to know one!) I don't want to break them when I give them a hug! hug hug hug

Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Susie-550311 said: Someone who limits their ability to meet someone via distance, appearance, beliefs, etc. This tel...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

Someone who limits their ability to meet someone via distance, appearance, beliefs, etc. This tells me they aren't open to God's will, which may be something other than what they desire. To say, "I can't do long distance" is very different from "I won't do long distance." We all know what we'd like and want but only God knows what we need. We should be open to that but so many aren't.

--hide--

Thank you for saying that Susie. I'm pretty much open to everyone. Obviously, if there are some inconsistencies to their profile or haven't been on for some time, I'll skip.

But, I think the number one reason for why people pass others up is appearance. It's what either gets your foot in the door or slammed on. Someone said to me, there's only a small percentage of men who are attractive to women like me (of size). And even within that percentage, less who would find me attractive or dateable. I'm really proud of who I am because I was raised well, but in the end, my relationship status depends on how I look. It's just reality.

Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Virginia-633561 said: Thank you for saying that Susie. I'm pretty much open to everyone. Obviously, if ...
(Quote) Virginia-633561 said:

Thank you for saying that Susie. I'm pretty much open to everyone. Obviously, if there are some inconsistencies to their profile or haven't been on for some time, I'll skip.

But, I think the number one reason for why people pass others up is appearance. It's what either gets your foot in the door or slammed on. Someone said to me, there's only a small percentage of men who are attractive to women like me (of size). And even within that percentage, less who would find me attractive or dateable. I'm really proud of who I am because I was raised well, but in the end, my relationship status depends on how I look. It's just reality.

--hide--

So it seems... Thankfully, it only take one good one... the right one at that! hug

Nov 13th 2012 new

When reading a guy's profile and they state they are looking for a woman who can get dirty and then dress up at night! rolling eyes

Nov 13th 2012 new
My favorite Is when their looking for someone who is FUN. No kidding. eyepopping
Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread. A number of threads already explored ideas on how to make one's profile attractive and hence possibly increase the chances of meeting more people, so why not explore the other side of the coin. I just wish to know what will make you skip a profile? or what's in a profile that turns you off? The "weak" points in our profile will identify areas that need improvement. The more specific your comments, the better it is. So keep it coming.

--hide--

General lack of integrity or honesty is a turn-off:
-Positive in profile, depressing in fora
-"Never married" who is divorced
-7/7 who wants advice about closing her relationship with live-in boyfriend
-Faith-filled who rarely goes to Mass
-Old profile main photo
-Not knowing yourself ("willing to travel" who doesn't want to leave town)
-Writing annulled when it wasn't

Nov 13th 2012 new

Hi Gustavo,

As Victor and others have pointed out, I am actually grateful to you. To get inside the mind of someone who passes us up based on something we cannot control does us a favor.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but your words were so insensitive and they got worse as you posted more. We women with children wanted what you're looking for. A happy, complete family. Sadly, it didn't work out that way, but that doesn't mean we're looking for someone to support us and our children.

Our children are how we go on. They make the time we wasted worthwhile. They are God's beautiful consolation prize, not "offspring". They have perfect little souls. All we want and hope for is another chance with someone who will love us and have room for them. Not a handout. I wish you luck in your search and sincerely hope you find who God has chosen for you.

Nov 13th 2012 new
(Quote) Carmen-910629 said: Hi Gustavo, As Victor and others have pointed out, I am actually grateful to you. To get inside...
(Quote) Carmen-910629 said:

Hi Gustavo,

As Victor and others have pointed out, I am actually grateful to you. To get inside the mind of someone who passes us up based on something we cannot control does us a favor.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but your words were so insensitive and they got worse as you posted more. We women with children wanted what you're looking for. A happy, complete family. Sadly, it didn't work out that way, but that doesn't mean we're looking for someone to support us and our children.

Our children are how we go on. They make the time we wasted worthwhile. They are God's beautiful consolation prize, not "offspring". They have perfect little souls. All we want and hope for is another chance with someone who will love us and have room for them. Not a handout. I wish you luck in your search and sincerely hope you find who God has chosen for you.

--hide--

Thank you! I hope I find her, too.
Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-806637 said: Someone who seeks you out and then never takes the time to get to know you. You ask him about ...
(Quote) Patricia-806637 said:

Someone who seeks you out and then never takes the time to get to know you. You ask him about his interests, family and he answers your questions, but then that's it. Why would I would to be with someone who deosn't care about me?

--hide--
You are absolutely right Patricia, and welcome to the forums!

Posts 181 - 190 of 200