Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

11/11/2012 new

Wearing sunglasses and a hat in your profile pic.

Seeing the phrase 'Must take care of herself'.

Poor spelling and grammar.

Answering 'no' to any of the 7/7.

11/11/2012 new
Girls with kids (especially those who've never married), tattoos, smokers, less than 7/7 and no pic
11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: what will make you skip a profile? or what's in a profile that turns you off?
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

what will make you skip a profile? or what's in a profile that turns you off?

--hide--

Smoking

No to any of the faith questions (Although I just spoke to someone last night who answered yes to all only to find out he didn't really mean it.)

Not interested in long distance (since there don't seem to be many men my age close to me on CM)

Poor grammar

Someone very athletic (I'm more of a couch potato.)

Someone who stresses looks

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Girls with kids (especially those who've never married), tattoos, smokers, less than 7/7 and no pi...
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Girls with kids (especially those who've never married), tattoos, smokers, less than 7/7 and no pic
--hide--

I had that attitude throughout most of my 20's until I came to realize that one of the greatest insults you could ever give to a mother is that her children make her unworthy and undesirable.

Fortunately, I had grown-up by the time I reached 30.

theheart

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Girls with kids (especially those who've never married), tattoos, smokers, less than 7/7 and no pi...
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Girls with kids (especially those who've never married), tattoos, smokers, less than 7/7 and no pic
--hide--

"Girls with kids"... First I would say women with kids because I suppose we're all adults here . And second that's really rude. Sorry but no sorry! Unless you know people and their past you can't blame someone for having kids. What if she is a widow? Can't she marry again? Same for men. I understand people who don't want to get into relationships with someone who have kids but the say you've said is the biggest turn off I've ever seen.

11/11/2012 new

Victor,

Thank you for addressing that, I was debating on this one. No ONE ever knows the situation unless they ask. In my case my son was adopted so even though I didn't give birth to a child out of wedlock, I am a mom and very proud of it. God blessed me with my son even though I haven't found someone to spend my life with. So to make the statement that to see that someone whom has not been married but has children is a turn off was disheartening.

Thanks again.

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: (Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Girls with kids (especially those who've never married)<...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Quote:
Gustavo-764558 said: Girls with kids (especially those who've never married), tattoos, smokers, less than 7/7 and no pic

I had that attitude throughout most of my 20's until I came to realize that one of the greatest insults you could ever give to a mother is that her children make her unworthy and undesirable.

Fortunately, I had grown-up by the time I reached 30.

--hide--

And that was a general statement, not personally directed at you, Gustavo.

theheart

11/11/2012 new

Gustavo's statement may have struck a sensitive nerve on some people. But in his defense, I think he is merely answering the question "what will make you skip a profile? or what turns you off?" Nowhere in his statement did I read any judgement passed on women with kids. It might have just been his preference and he is entitled to that. Similarly, everyone else has their own personal preference and deserves to be respected for having such.

11/11/2012 new

I agree that everyone is entitled to his opinion as we all are, I mearly wanted to point out that you could be passing up a potential match if you don't know the entire story. That's all I was trying to get across.

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Nora-914810 said: I agree that everyone is entitled to his opinion as we all are, I mearly wanted to point out that ...
(Quote) Nora-914810 said:

I agree that everyone is entitled to his opinion as we all are, I mearly wanted to point out that you could be passing up a potential match if you don't know the entire story. That's all I was trying to get across.

--hide--
Point well taken Nora. I just feel that a single misconstrued statement can spiral into an abysmal argument far from the original intent of the thread. This I have observed in several other threads in here.

Posts 21 - 30 of 200