Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread. A number of threads already explored ideas on how to make one's profile attractive and hence possibly increase the chances of meeting more people, so why not explore the other side of the coin. I just wish to know what will make you skip a profile? or what's in a profile that turns you off? The "weak" points in our profile will identify areas that need improvement. The more specific your comments, the better it is. So keep it coming.

--hide--

Good questions ... but are you wanting to know about things in a profile on first-glance, or things in a profile after we have talked with someone?

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) John-727073 said: Good questions ... but are you wanting to know about things in a profile on first-glance, ...
(Quote) John-727073 said:

Good questions ... but are you wanting to know about things in a profile on first-glance, or things in a profile after we have talked with someone?

--hide--
Whichever applies

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Eric-114571 said: I've seen women's profiles that indicate they don't want to be step mothers, t...
(Quote) Eric-114571 said:

I've seen women's profiles that indicate they don't want to be step mothers, too. There are unique challenges with step parenting and not everybody is meant for that. I like your ability to realize that and not take it personally. For me it's not an automatic "no" but something that I take very seriously. The way I look at that situation is this: when a woman has kids then I'm not just dating her -- it has to be right for me, her, AND the kids. When there are more people involved the chances that this will be the case go down. Not impossible but harder I think.

--hide--

Eric, I have seen the views of some very opinionated women on this site who would not want to be a stepmom. While I don't always understand their view (all relationships are work), I appreciate that they won't get into a relationship where there are children as the children don't deserve to be in that kind of situation.

I agree with you that step-parenting can be quite a challenge (I've read a number of books on it). Depending on the involvement of an ex, the ages of the kids [I think younger kids are more accepting], manners or lack of them in the other family. Some people feel so guilty about a divorce that they spoil their kids and make them very difficult to deal with. Honestly, there are some kids that would make me even want to run the other direction.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: I have seen the views of some very opinionated women on this site...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

I have seen the views of some very opinionated women on this site...

--hide--

Some??? eyebrow

theheart

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Some???
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Some???

--hide--
Probably me included. I guess it takes one to know one. right? wink

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Probably me included. I guess it takes one to know one. right?

Probably me included. I guess it takes one to know one. right?

--hide--

That's right... every last one of y'all! tongue

theheart

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: That's right... every last one of y'all!
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

That's right... every last one of y'all!

--hide--
Now you sound like my uncle but usually "damm yankee" ends up in his conversation. Talk about holding a grudge.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: Now you sound like my uncle but usually "damm yankee" ends up in his conversation. T...

Now you sound like my uncle but usually "damm yankee" ends up in his conversation. Talk about holding a grudge.

--hide--

tongue

Nov 11th 2012 new
Hmmm No pictures. Age difference. Won't relocate. Less than 7/7. And for me if she is really big into " ministerys" associated with the new Mass to the point I get the impression she thinks some how she is clerical. I'm a traditionalist. Not SSPX. But I truly prefer the traditional Mass as well as that overall lifestyle.
Nov 11th 2012 new

1) Arrogance - (not to be confused with confidence, there IS a difference)

2) A man posting his age criteria for someone younger, yet refuses someone his own, even to 5 years younger as "being too old" because he is a youthful 61.

3) A man who calls himself attractive or handsome. Those terms are in the eye of the beholder and not in your own. I once looked at a profile because he called himself attractive, not because I thought so, but because his profile picture was so bad I thought his scrapbook photos must be better . . . NOT! (SEE #1 above)

(when they look in the mirror, they still see themselves as the handsome 23 YO with the rock hard body and unfortunately try to fit in the same size pants. News flash, at 61, body parts sag, hair gets gray, gone, in your nose and ears. Age is a part of life, but don't try to convince everyone you haven't aged at all. It's just sad.)

4) If your profile is sloppy (picture, grammar) , then it gives the impression that you are too, that you have no pride in yourself or See #1 above.

5) Those cropped profile pictures that are clearly made with someone else in it. Really? Can't you get a few pictures made of yourself . . . alone and post those? To me it seems like a lack of effort and if you lack in an effort to put your best foot forward here, what else will you lack in effort?

6) A profile that shows every positive attribute that exists. Really? NO ONE is that perfect! Tell me something unflattering/real about yourself.

Posts 61 - 70 of 200