Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Nov 11th 2012 new
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread. A number of...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread. A number of threads already explored ideas on how to make one's profile attractive and hence possibly increase the chances of meeting more people, so why not explore the other side of the coin. I just wish to know what will make you skip a profile? or what's in a profile that turns you off? The "weak" points in our profile will identify areas that need improvement. The more specific your comments, the better it is. So keep it coming.

--hide--

Probably the first thing I check when I click on profile is whether they accept the Church teachings. If they are anything other than a 7/7, I pass.

Other negatives for me...

- No picture

- Vague, short or non-specific About Me sections. Cookie-cutter statements like "My faith is important to me", "My family means the world to me", etc seem sort of...I'm not sure what word I'm looking for, but it's like they didn't really want to take the time to create a meaningful and descriptive profile.

- They smoke

- They prefer a Modern or Charismatic liturgy

- They only want 1-2 kids

- They are "very liberal" in their political views...I'm willing, however, to give simply "liberal" folks the benefit of the doubt tongue

- Any immodestly-dressed pictures of themselves

- Any mention of having just gotten out of a long, previous relationship in the About Me section
Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: Actually, this is the standard CM template that appears until your written des...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Actually, this is the standard CM template that appears until your written description is approved and published.

--hide--

Huh. I was not aware of that. Thanks for the info.

I just went and checked out some profiles that start this way... Of the four I clicked, none of them say "new member," one hasn't been active in weeks, and one of them even has a non-template sentence after the demographic stuff (so one would assume that's his choice of "About Me" text, right?). How long does a "New Member" tag stay up?

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: Huh. I was not aware of that. Thanks for the info. I just went and checke...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

Huh. I was not aware of that. Thanks for the info.

I just went and checked out some profiles that start this way... Of the four I clicked, none of them say "new member," one hasn't been active in weeks, and one of them even has a non-template sentence after the demographic stuff (so one would assume that's his choice of "About Me" text, right?). How long does a "New Member" tag stay up?

--hide--

Well, the template will stay until they write a description that is approved. The "New Member" tag stays for, I believe, 7 days. Yes, some people will just leave the template as their description, and maybe add a sentence or two to it.

theheart

Nov 11th 2012 new

*English is not my primary language so bear with me if I do not make any sense to you in terms of grammar*

Hmm well within all honesty, there are hardly anything that turns me off mainly because every single one of us are different in which lead me to accept everyone I have patient and don't ever complain. However, as for our quest to find a match here on CatholicMatch, it is quite logical and reasonable for us to have certain "dislikeness." So as for me, the following dislikeness that I have in my mind:

Women wearing cleavage/wearing revealing clothes. Hypocrisy, anyone?

Lies.

Text language: i, u, omg(-osh), lol, smh, lyke, plz, g2g, brb, wld, idk, y, cuz, knw, etc... It is that annoying, really. I dont like to deal with "broken communication" and having myself to realise that she is not smart in several standard.

Brief message: I can truly understand brief statement from emotigram feature. But for message that is intentionally short, it really useless to do anything else with it. If I want her to know that I thought about her and want her to feel rewarded, I would simply take the time to type her a decent message and hope that my meaningful contribution would make her day.

Her incomplete profile: single photo, lack of details, etc...

Non-subscriber don't really bother me, really.

She stop replying back after a consistent successful communication without any reason: I and the rest of you too) don't want to have a complete unsuccessful experience here on CatholicMatch, right? That being said, it is best to give reason for communication stoppage, regardless of the situation because that how we learned to grow as a better person in a long run. For instance:

Wenda: Waldo, I have something to tell you.

Waldo: Okay, Im paying attention to you.

Wenda: I do not think we are good match for us due to our differences toward each other. Although I am very much thankful and blessed for the opportunity that we have been "connecting" since our first day, really.

Waldo: Oh okay, I understand. So this is it then?

Wenda: Yes, it is. I also want to say youre a great guy! And I know this because there are many Catholic Women out there who looking for a guy that loves going to mass with you everywhere across the country! Not only that but as well as your abiity to make other people smile and laugh as well. That is your unique identification. Don't forget that. In return, I'll be praying for your success on CatholicMatch as well, okay, Waldo?

Waldo: Ah okay. I'll take your words for it. I thank you for your sincere. I appreciated and am blessed for your helpful response. You're an awesome person to chat with. Good luck in the future and God bless you!

Wenda: Thanks! God Blessed you too as well. (The End)

And that is all the dislikeness I have so far. So I hope this example and anything else from above make sense. Feel free to share us your thoughts, comment, or jokes if you like, haha. :)

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: 1) Arrogance - (not to be confused with confidence, there IS a difference) 2) A man p...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

1) Arrogance - (not to be confused with confidence, there IS a difference)

2) A man posting his age criteria for someone younger, yet refuses someone his own, even to 5 years younger as "being too old" because he is a youthful 61.

3) A man who calls himself attractive or handsome. Those terms are in the eye of the beholder and not in your own. I once looked at a profile because he called himself attractive, not because I thought so, but because his profile picture was so bad I thought his scrapbook photos must be better . . . NOT! (SEE #1 above)

(when they look in the mirror, they still see themselves as the handsome 23 YO with the rock hard body and unfortunately try to fit in the same size pants. News flash, at 61, body parts sag, hair gets gray, gone, in your nose and ears. Age is a part of life, but don't try to convince everyone you haven't aged at all. It's just sad.)

4) If your profile is sloppy (picture, grammar) , then it gives the impression that you are too, that you have no pride in yourself or See #1 above.

5) Those cropped profile pictures that are clearly made with someone else in it. Really? Can't you get a few pictures made of yourself . . . alone and post those? To me it seems like a lack of effort and if you lack in an effort to put your best foot forward here, what else will you lack in effort?

6) A profile that shows every positive attribute that exists. Really? NO ONE is that perfect! Tell me something unflattering/real about yourself.

--hide--

Joanna--ditto on ALL 6

7) The age (next to the profile photo--say 65) , does Not match the age discussed in the "About Me",-- "I am a youthful 60"-(TIME TO UPDATE)which also indicated the ONE photo is probably at Least 5 years old --if not more!
People and things DO change in 5 years!

8) Their answer to #7 --"But I still LOOK like my picture"--Right!

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread...

While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread. A number of threads already explored ideas on how to make one's profile attractive and hence possibly increase the chances of meeting more people, so why not explore the other side of the coin. I just wish to know what will make you skip a profile? or what's in a profile that turns you off? The "weak" points in our profile will identify areas that need improvement. The more specific your comments, the better it is. So keep it coming.

--hide--
Kahirup, so what are yours?

Nov 11th 2012 new
Thank you for that statement about people judging single never married women need to grow up. As as such a single mother judgement are still been made to my past. Tying me to a life already gone and no encouragement or support for who I am or trying to be.
Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread...

--hide--

When someone starts their description with "I never thought I would be doing on line dating, but..."

or " my friends would describe me as" or when answering the question if you are free to marry, it should say "In Process" or Annuled or Widowed. For some of us that are actually looking for a future spouse, divorce status won't cut it.

Nov 11th 2012 new

Political views are also very important, if they answer, liberal, moderate, other, get to know me first - I Pass.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Johnny-700926 said: *English is not my primary language so bear with me if I do not make any sense to you in terms o...
(Quote) Johnny-700926 said:

*English is not my primary language so bear with me if I do not make any sense to you in terms of grammar*

Hmm well within all honesty, there are hardly anything that turns me off mainly because every single one of us are different in which lead me to accept everyone I have patient and don't ever complain. However, as for our quest to find a match here on CatholicMatch, it is quite logical and reasonable for us to have certain "dislikeness." So as for me, the following dislikeness that I have in my mind:

Women wearing cleavage/wearing revealing clothes. Hypocrisy, anyone?

Lies.

Text language: i, u, omg(-osh), lol, smh, lyke, plz, g2g, brb, wld, idk, y, cuz, knw, etc... It is that annoying, really. I dont like to deal with "broken communication" and having myself to realise that she is not smart in several standard.

Brief message: I can truly understand brief statement from emotigram feature. But for message that is intentionally short, it really useless to do anything else with it. If I want her to know that I thought about her and want her to feel rewarded, I would simply take the time to type her a decent message and hope that my meaningful contribution would make her day.

Her incomplete profile: single photo, lack of details, etc...

Non-subscriber don't really bother me, really.

She stop replying back after a consistent successful communication without any reason: I and the rest of you too) don't want to have a complete unsuccessful experience here on CatholicMatch, right? That being said, it is best to give reason for communication stoppage, regardless of the situation because that how we learned to grow as a better person in a long run. For instance:

Wenda: Waldo, I have something to tell you.

Waldo: Okay, Im paying attention to you.

Wenda: I do not think we are good match for us due to our differences toward each other. Although I am very much thankful and blessed for the opportunity that we have been "connecting" since our first day, really.

Waldo: Oh okay, I understand. So this is it then?

Wenda: Yes, it is. I also want to say youre a great guy! And I know this because there are many Catholic Women out there who looking for a guy that loves going to mass with you everywhere across the country! Not only that but as well as your abiity to make other people smile and laugh as well. That is your unique identification. Don't forget that. In return, I'll be praying for your success on CatholicMatch as well, okay, Waldo?

Waldo: Ah okay. I'll take your words for it. I thank you for your sincere. I appreciated and am blessed for your helpful response. You're an awesome person to chat with. Good luck in the future and God bless you!

Wenda: Thanks! God Blessed you too as well. (The End)

And that is all the dislikeness I have so far. So I hope this example and anything else from above make sense. Feel free to share us your thoughts, comment, or jokes if you like, haha. :)

--hide--

Hey Johnny, thanks for bringing up the text language communication. At your age of 24, I can cut that some slack. If you are doing that at my age of 49, really; grow up. No one is impressed.

I can't think of anything more attractive to an adult female than a middle age man with a little pot belly, an earring and typing LOL at the end of his sentances.

And can I ask, are there others that think emotigrams are stupid? I find it a turn off when I get " Suzy Beamed a Smile at You" and that is it. We are all adults, if there is interest; send a short message.

Posts 71 - 80 of 200