Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

11/11/2012 new

Yeah When You Read a Ladies Profile and it says about "In The Marry" or something like it: And she say's NOT SURE? Oh i find that hard to believe i think you know; If your going through a "Divorce or a "Annulment" Fine i can except that; But to say: You don't know or not sure i think you do; Now; not All l The Ladies say that Just some: Also about this 7/7 answers; Hey i 'am Honest; showing you that I'am NOT Perfect; and How about giving me or somebody the "Benefit of the doubt" and at least e-mail each other; Explaing why there not 7/7 its not like they have some (darn) Diease or something like that!! Give a person a break will ya? Take care all Mike "peace" BTW: Some photo's on some profiles "ladies" nice pictures and i love the outdoors i really do but how about cutting down on the nature pictures; i mean 2 or 3 Great! but 6 or more WOW!!

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread. A number of threads already explored ideas on how to make one's profile attractive and hence possibly increase the chances of meeting more people, so why not explore the other side of the coin. I just wish to know what will make you skip a profile? or what's in a profile that turns you off? The "weak" points in our profile will identify areas that need improvement. The more specific your comments, the better it is. So keep it coming.

--hide--
Hi Kahirup ( love that name ) What turns me off ? Narcissism, relentless negativity. and self pity Mardi gras style. I also am exhausted by the repetitive whining hysterical threads regarding the election. OBAMA WON, I suggest you find a way to deal with it people ! This is a dating site, and not to long in the distant past it used to be actually fun !!! Especially for us over 50 crowd, in search of a really great guy/girl... or are we going to remain fixated on this PAST election for 4 more years ! We survived worse remember '' Mr. MALAISE FOREVER '' Jimmy Carter shocked, Here's what I SUGGEST TO YOU NATTERING NABOB'S OF NEGATIVISM. Log on to Ebay, hoard all the Billy beer you can manage, and have a pity party to drown your sorrows. What say you my fellow CMer's. STAY STRONG, for it won't be long before you get to repeat the whole mind numbing process... YET again !!!

CHEERS ALL

God Bless,

Sheila rose Praying wave

suggest you find a way to deal it !

11/11/2012 new

Profiles that don't take marriage seriously, either through being sloppy, incomplete, or seem to be more about looking for a hang-out buddy than a spouse. Come on! You actually had to hand over money to be here! Don't be halfhearted in your efforts! I'm worth a little more than that wink

Instant 'click-aways' are pictures taken in the hot tub; describing himself as attractive, very attractive, or handsome; someone in my age group asking for a 20 something. I comfort myself by saying that's all about mental or emotional compatibility. Poor man.

11/11/2012 new
For me, I don't think it would ever work out with someone who didn't believe in the teachings of the Church. So I guess you could call it a turnoff, but it's more like I just think, "not the one for me".
11/11/2012 new

The biggest turn off besides the ones already mentioned would be these generic paragraphs that people use in their profiles. Be creative. Don't tell us you're funny or smart. Show us in your profile. If you're not a great writer then "Google" some help and look at some sample online dating profiles. It gives a better idea of your personality than "I don't know what to write here" or "I love to laugh." How many times have you read that in a profile? Who doesn't love to laugh? Anyway, that's my take.

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

While this may sound bordering on the negative, that really is not the intention of this thread. A number of threads already explored ideas on how to make one's profile attractive and hence possibly increase the chances of meeting more people, so why not explore the other side of the coin. I just wish to know what will make you skip a profile? or what's in a profile that turns you off? The "weak" points in our profile will identify areas that need improvement. The more specific your comments, the better it is. So keep it coming.

--hide--
I will seem like a broken record here because I've posted about this before, but my pet peeve is bad profile pictures- those taken with dark sunglasses, the subject squinting into a bright sun, face in deep shadow, or blown out (overexposed) with flash. If no one can see your face, they will move on to the next profile. My two cents

11/11/2012 new

Dishonesty turns me off.

Honesty is a prized trait in a man.

Pessimissm is hard to be around. I like someone who can be positive.

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: For me, I don't think it would ever work out with someone who didn't believe in the teachings of ...
(Quote) John-746882 said: For me, I don't think it would ever work out with someone who didn't believe in the teachings of the Church. So I guess you could call it a turnoff, but it's more like I just think, "not the one for me".
--hide--

I Totally understand this. Imagine having to argue through all of this stuff wiuth someone!! irked I have dated men who thought Catholics worship Mary. I never bothered to explain it because I just was not going to even bother. I probably said "No we don't" But I can't imagine there was enough openness for me to have said much more. I came to this site due to this idea.

Imagine having to argue about where to get married... What a nighmare..shocked

11/11/2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Smokers; I grew up with them in my family, and just can't embrace the idea of dating one. I sup...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

Smokers; I grew up with them in my family, and just can't embrace the idea of dating one. I support their right, but it's a personal turn-off.

Those who emhasize "independence". I get the impression that they would be very dictatorial when dating someone. I applaud their achievement, but it causes me to hesitate moving any further.

--hide--

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "independence?" Do you mean they say they want t a guy who is independent or that they are quite independent?

11/11/2012 new
Women or men on dates constantly texting away or worst, talk on their phones while their date is left to sit there figuring out an exit strategy!
Posts 81 - 90 of 200