Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

I have a 14 year old son who has ADHD. He lost his father (my sposue) to esophageal cancer at 1 1/2 years ago, and this has been a part of our lives that shook us both down to the last neuron. Grief, loss, depression and ADHD symptoms hae followed him and depression for me since that time. He is in a residential treatment center, and making some progress, but regressed alot this weekend. Technology is an obsession with him (IPODS). I pray that he gets better and I am able to parent him, but there have been so many problems that are brought up from the past when battle (conflict) ensues. He held up a knife to his kneck today, and I was afraid he would really hurt himself. Please pray for my son and any advice for me what be really a blessing. Thank you for your kindness.

Nov 11th 2012 new

Praying theheart

Nov 11th 2012 new

Praying

Nov 11th 2012 new

Thank you for your prayers!!!

Nov 11th 2012 new

Sue,

How awful to see your child hurting like that, I can't image. I will surely keep you both in my prayers. Hugs to you, stay strong.

Nov 11th 2012 new

I really sorry you're going through that. I will pray for you.

Nov 11th 2012 new

Thank you Nora for praying. We need some divine intervention to be able to live in the same home again. I love my son and want him back home, but he needs the prayers for his grief, loss and ADHD symptoms. Thank you again!!! Blessings, Sue

Nov 11th 2012 new

Thank you, Marirose for your prayers. We are fortunate to have you paying attention online. Blessings, Sue

Nov 11th 2012 new

Sue,

As you know, parenting is difficult under the best of conditions. What you are enduring is a very heavy cross. I pray Our Blessed Lord is with you and your son every step of the way. May the Sacred Heart of Jesus embrace you both in His loving arms.

Blessings, love, peace and comfort I pray coming your way, Praying hug rose

Leon

Nov 11th 2012 new

Sue, I will certainly pray for you and your son. But, I am wondering if you have any kind of support group for yourself as I think that would be most beneficial to you. Perhaps there is a support group for ADHD parents or for parents with children in residential treatment. It is important for you to have someone - whether it be a support group, psychologist/therapist/doctor you trust - to be able to talk through these issues now at this critical time. Praying

Posts 1 - 10 of 53