Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: Do you contemplate the words of the Our Father as you pray or are they only a habit? Our Father wh...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said: Do you contemplate the words of the Our Father as you pray or are they only a habit?

Our Father who art in heaven. Hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen!

How can people who pray this prayer honestly say, "Amen," I believe, when so many reject what the Church teaches? Things like, "what do a bunch of old, white, men know about women and married life?" Excuses that make me think people are trying to make their will God's! All consecrated vows are marriages to God not man. They know much more than you might imagine.

God gives life not death. If His will be done why do somany vote for the culture of death and servitude of people who only seek earthly rewards?
--hide--
Clair -- the highlighted sentence is an extremely important part of the prayer. The first word should be emphasized even more. It's THY will be done -- not my will or anyone elses. Placing the emphasis on the word "Thy" has a dramatic effect while reciting this prayer. It's a wake-up call to humble ourselves.

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Clair -- the highlighted sentence is an extremely important part of the prayer. The first word shou...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Clair -- the highlighted sentence is an extremely important part of the prayer. The first word should be emphasized even more. It's THY will be done -- not my will or anyone elses. Placing the emphasis on the word "Thy" has a dramatic effect while reciting this prayer. It's a wake-up call to humble ourselves.

--hide--
Very true Ray. My pastor recommended a little book "Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence". Very good and enlightening. All comes from the Good God

Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Clair-6292 said: Do you contemplate the words of the Our Father as you pray...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Clair-6292 said: Do you contemplate the words of the Our Father as you pray or are they only a habit?

Our Father who art in heaven. Hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen!

How can people who pray this prayer honestly say, "Amen," I believe, when so many reject what the Church teaches? Things like, "what do a bunch of old, white, men know about women and married life?" Excuses that make me think people are trying to make their will God's! All consecrated vows are marriages to God not man. They know much more than you might imagine.

God gives life not death. If His will be done why do somany vote for the culture of death and servitude of people who only seek earthly rewards?

--hide--

Excellent point, Clair and Ray. Likewise, the Creed we profess at every Mass: I believe in the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. If you intentionally reject any of the Church's teachings, what you blieve in is your variant of the Catholic Chuech, not the one... Churchm no?

Nov 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: Excellent point, Clair and Ray. Likewise, the Creed we profess at every Mass: I believe i...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Excellent point, Clair and Ray. Likewise, the Creed we profess at every Mass: I believe in the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. If you intentionally reject any of the Church's teachings, what you blieve in is your variant of the Catholic Chuech, not the one... Churchm no?

--hide--
Thanks, Jerry. More good points to consider. And thanks to Clair, who began this thread to help us keep a proper perspective.

Nov 13th 2012 new
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Thanks, Jerry. More good points to consider. And thanks to Clair, who began this thread to help us keep a proper ...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Thanks, Jerry. More good points to consider. And thanks to Clair, who began this thread to help us keep a proper perspective.

--hide--

You're welcome Ray. Catholic answers was talking about this site this afternoon: http://www.courageouspriest.com
Nov 14th 2012 new
IN GOD WE TRUST

He told his buddies to go on without him, waved good-bye, told one of

them to call his wife when they arrived at their home destination and

explain his taking a later flight. Then he returned to the terminal

where the apples were all over the terminal floor.

He was glad he did. The 16-year-old girl was totally blind! She was

softly crying, tears running down her cheeks in frustration, and at the

same time helplessly groping for her spilled produce as the crowd

swirled about her; no one stopping and no one to care for her plight.

The salesman knelt on the floor with her, gathered up the apples, put

them back on the table and helped organize her display. As he did this,

he noticed that many of them had become battered and bruised; these he

set aside in another basket.

When he had finished, he pulled out his wallet and said to the girl,

"Here, please take this $40 for the damage we did. Are you okay? She

nodded through her tears. He continued on with, "I hope we didn't spoil

your day too badly."

As the salesman started to walk away, the bewildered blind girl called

out to him, "Mister...." He paused and turned to look back into those

blind eyes. She continued, "Are you Jesus?"

He stopped in mid-stride ... and he wondered. He gently went back and

said, "No, I am nothing like Jesus - He is good, kind, caring, loving,

and would never have bumped into your display in the first place.

"The girl gently nodded: "I only asked because I prayed for Jesus to

help me gather the apples. He sent you to help me, so you are like Him -

only He knows who will do His will. Thank you for hearing His call,

Mister."

Then slowly he made his way to catch the later flight with that question

burning and bouncing about in his soul: _"Are you Jesus?"_

Do people mistake you for Jesus?

That's our destiny, is it not? To be so much like Jesus that people

cannot tell the difference as we live and interact with a world that is

blind to His love, life and grace.

If we claim to know Him, we should live, walk and act _as _He would.

Knowing Him is more than simply quoting scripture and going to church.

It's _actually living the Word as life unfolds day to day _.

You are the _apple of His eye _even though you, too, have been bruised

by a fall. He stopped what He was doing and picked up you and me on a

hill called Calvary and paid in full for our damaged fruit.

Share this, {IF you feel led to do so}.

Sometimes we just take things for granted, when we really need to be

sharing what we know....Thanks.

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."
Posts 11 - 16 of 16