Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Advent is coming....

11/12/2012 new

.. so what are your Advent plans? It's a penitential season, like Lent, only shorter. It's a time to prepare for remembering Christ's arrival in history and for preparing for his arrival (always happening in our hearts) and reminding us that he will come again. I think that in our materialistic/ individualistic culture it's a great chance to witness to the truth that our Church brings...

11/14/2012 new
angel The season is approaching faster than I thought. I will have to start thinking about it. I think I will anticipate on making it a prayerful one. I will probably set up the advent wreath and gather the songs and prayers. The time goes by so fast.
11/15/2012 new

I am excited more this year than I have been in a LONG time. My daughter has slowly been easing her way back to church. With my grandson enrolled in CCD, she is planning on attending all of his activities which include singing before mass!!! She's also decided to take a parents class for Advent being given this Sunday by young woman she's friends with. I have prayed for many years to see her this involved. Great topic Matt!

11/17/2012 new

That's awesome Ann Marie! Yes, Advent comes like a thief in the night and we all get caught up in the hustle & bustle instead because the corporations started stalking us around Halloween...

11/17/2012 new

It has gotten better Matt. God asked me to open my home for Thanksgiving. I have many friends and acquaintances who have transplanted here. I have eight coming for dinner with three more tentative. What a way to spend a holiday!! heart

11/18/2012 new

A reminder from Sam Rocha at Patheos...

www.patheos.com

11/18/2012 new
For those of us in the Byzantine rite of the Catholic Church, Advent started on November 15.
12/08/2012 new

This is a great topic; it was the theme of the sermon in my parish last Sunday. So far I am trying to read and learn more about my faith. I am wathing Father Robert Barron's Catholicism seris this morning, and resumed reading a theological book I had started, but taken a break from. I am always open to suggestions though.

Posts 1 - 8 of 8