Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said: The author of this article is committing the ecological fallacy: http://en.wikiped...
(Quote) Charles-211696 said:

The author of this article is committing the ecological fallacy: en.wikipedia.org

While it is correct that the states in question (those with a higher Hispanic population) did vote in a greater percentage (the "spread") for Romney vs Obama as compared to McCain vs. Obama, you cannot draw any conclusions about the voting behavior of the respective populations by race/ethnicity within the states in question.

--hide--

No, but it does draw parallel to the intelligence of the overall voting population.

For those those who believe the country's economy is better off pandering to individual demographics...

The company that makes Twinkies (that's right...Twinkies) ...goes belly-up AFTER legalizing weed in 2 states...think about it.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: No, but it does draw parallel to the intelligence of the overall voting population.
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

No, but it does draw parallel to the intelligence of the overall voting population.

For those those who believe the country's economy is better off pandering to individual demographics...

The company that makes Twinkies (that's right...Twinkies) ...goes belly-up AFTER legalizing weed in 2 states...think about it.

--hide--

Yeah, I don't know what all those Republicans who smoke dope are gonna do now... rolling eyes

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: His legacy of imperialistic war endures
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said:

His legacy of imperialistic war endures
--hide--
Our list of wars since WWII can arguably be labeled unnecessary, but hardly imperialistic. That is an inaccutate derogatory term used against us that died with the old Soviet Union. Our last two necessary wars are two: Afghanistan and WWII. We chose to ignore Eisenhower's warning about our Military Industrial Complex- a beast who's hunger for wars cannot be satisfied. It's all about jobs, you understand. Hence it's neocon salesman working in tandem with AIPAC & Co. to convince Americans that Iran is a threat to us. Congress is already on their payroll.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Our list of wars since WWII can arguably be labeled unnecessary, but hardly imperialistic. That i...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Our list of wars since WWII can arguably be labeled unnecessary, but hardly imperialistic. That is an inaccutate derogatory term used against us that died with the old Soviet Union. Our last two necessary wars are two: Afghanistan and WWII. We chose to ignore Eisenhower's warning about our Military Industrial Complex- a beast who's hunger for wars cannot be satisfied. It's all about jobs, you understand. Hence it's neocon salesman working in tandem with AIPAC & Co. to convince Americans that Iran is a threat to us. Congress is already on their payroll.

--hide--
Sorry, "an inaccurate..." Also I would add Bush 41's kicking Saddam out of Kuwait in the necessary column. Bush 43's "finishing the job" turned out to be a costly blunder since Iraq is now using oil as a weapon against us. None of my comments (I'm a Navy veteran) should be interpreted as a disparagement of the many thousands of service men and women who gave everything in defense of freedom- even in those unnecessary wars. They were honorably serving their country.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Sorry, "an inaccurate..." Also I would add Bush 41's kicking Saddam out of Kuwait i...

Sorry, "an inaccurate..." Also I would add Bush 41's kicking Saddam out of Kuwait in the necessary column. Bush 43's "finishing the job" turned out to be a costly blunder since Iraq is now using oil as a weapon against us. None of my comments (I'm a Navy veteran) should be interpreted as a disparagement of the many thousands of service men and women who gave everything in defense of freedom- even in those unnecessary wars. They were honorably serving their country.

--hide--

True Peter, but what has happened in Iraq is a failure of both BUsh and Obama.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: True Peter, but what has happened in Iraq is a failure of both BUsh and Obama.
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

--hide--
Paul, you won't get an argument from me on that.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: True Peter, but what has happened in Iraq is a failure of both BUsh and Obama.
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

--hide--

Actually, Iraq, Iran, the Taliban, and Al Qaeda are direct products of U.S. foreign policy going back over thirty years, if not more.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said: Actually, Iraq, Iran, the Taliban, and Al Qaeda are direct products of U.S. foreig...

Actually, Iraq, Iran, the Taliban, and Al Qaeda are direct products of U.S. foreign policy going back over thirty years, if not more.

--hide--
True dat. At least from the CIA's involvement in installing the Shah in Iran.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said:Actually, Iraq, Iran, the Taliban, and Al Qaeda are direct products of U.S. foreign policy going ba...

--hide--

Actually, Charles, it goes back to before WWII. The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (Hitler's real pope) was virulently anti-Jewish and suggested and helped develop the Reich's "Final Solution.)

He was the spear head of the extreme wing of Islam. The problem is basically, internally and a directly a problem within Islam itself.

The bumbling and stumbling of America's foreign policy since then under both Democratic and Republican Administrations merely added fuel to the fire. Even without that, the problem would still exist. And it would (and will) exist even if Israel had never been created or if it should disappear.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: True dat. At least from the CIA's involvement in installing the Shah in Iran.

True dat. At least from the CIA's involvement in installing the Shah in Iran.

--hide--

Even worse, the CIA's involvement in removing the Shah.

Posts 121 - 130 of 198