Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 19th 2012 new

Oh, and I forgot about his illegal interference in Egypt!!! How many wars do we have to count? Not to mention the taking away one more leader who had declared peace with Israel...helping those radical muslems to take over in each Middle Eastern country that he could get them in....I can just imagine how Israel people feel now that they have been thrown into war again because of this man.

exposingliberallies.blogspot.com

Nov 19th 2012 new

More than 7 million plus votes for Obama came from those making under 30,000 a year voters (dems were real good at giving more and more entitlements and then getting those people out to vote) and Obama only got the popular vote by 3.5 million which shows those votes really mattered....now what can anyone do about that when they think govt. can't keep spending and that included giving out free cell phones.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said: Wow, you're comparing 4 deaths in Benghazi to NUMEROUS thousands of casualties in 2 failed...
(Quote) Gustavo-764558 said:

Wow, you're comparing 4 deaths in Benghazi to NUMEROUS thousands of casualties in 2 failed, immoral, illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan???

And Obama lied to us?? BUSH lied to us, the

UN and the world about weapons of mass destruction. At least I can sleep soundly at night knowing they were found...wait, they weren't.

It's always a good idea to go to war so long as it's someone else's kid who comes back maimed, psychologically damaged or in a flag-drapped coffin.
--hide--

This administration has been the most corrupt and the biggest liars of any...they got that border patrol agent killed (Fast and Furious) when they gave all of the highest tech weapons to drug lords in MX for what....to make a statement...and because they own the justice system he used executive orders to keep the house from its findings. I mean the list of their attrocities goes on and on and no previous president has gotten away with so many things....people compare him to watergate but there is no comparison between Nixon and lies about stealing then this guy getting away repeatedly with lies about getting people killed (now Benghazi) and all of his wars just seem to be ignored....why...we weren't attacked when he interfered and went to war...there were no weapons of mass destruction...he just overthrew people in other govt. who were allies.

Oh and below is another one of his legacies....at least he didn't get anyone killed in this cover up.

"Federal Court finds Obama appointees interfered with New Black Panther prosecution By Angel, on July 31st, 2012

You got to love when the truth is uncovered and lies are exposed concerning Obama and his administration.
District Court Judge Reggie Walton disagrees with the Department of Justice on several issues. Walton ruled that political appointees appointed by Obama himself did in fact interfere with the DOJ’s prosecution of the New Black Panther Party.

The group called the Judicial Watch sued the DOJ in federal court to obtain documents that pertained to the NBPP case. The group also sued for attorneys fees. Obama’s DOJ claimed Judicial Watch was not entitled to attorney’s fees since “none of the records produced in this litigation evidenced any political interference whatsoever in” how the DOJ handled the New Black Panther Party case.

But Judge Walton felt different, Citing a “series of emails” between Obama’s political appointees and career Justice lawyers, Walton writes:..."

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said “The Court’s decision is another piece of evidence showing the Obama Justice Department is run by individuals who have a problem telling the truth,” “The decision shows that we can’t trust the Obama Justice Department to fairly administer our nation’s voting and election laws.”

pushbacknow.net

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Karis-410918 said: Obama the man, and the politician has faults..no doubt. Senators often do political c...
(Quote) Karis-410918 said:

Obama the man, and the politician has faults..no doubt. Senators often do political calculations...but are those bad enough to not have him become president?

Lets examine Romney...or should we go there, Patricia? Point is, let those who have no faults be the first ones to cast the first stone! Another point is we, the majority of Americans looked at those two men's faults, and the faults of all those wanted to make him president, and what they stood for, bigotry, disrespect for women and their position about the economy, their values etc...In other words, we juxtaposed the balance sheets of these two men on values, care, policies...then we looked at the balance sheets of their ardent supporters. We decided with a higher majority that Obama's balance sheet was better. What part of that discussion and argument is too hard to understand, please!

Here is what we discounted. Some of us will never have an abortion..and for some women who will have it, they answerable. So we let them make that decision. But all of us agree that rape that results in pregnancy is not a joking matter, and it is not God's will! What happens thereafter must be left with woman and her doctor..men must learn, bishop, senator or otherwise must learn how to shut up and provide help! There is no MSNBC here. Its just me!

--hide--
I really think this is pure evil.

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Actually, Charles, it goes back to before WWII. The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (Hitler'...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Actually, Charles, it goes back to before WWII. The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (Hitler's real pope) was virulently anti-Jewish and suggested and helped develop the Reich's "Final Solution.)

He was the spear head of the extreme wing of Islam. The problem is basically, internally and a directly a problem within Islam itself.

The bumbling and stumbling of America's foreign policy since then under both Democratic and Republican Administrations merely added fuel to the fire. Even without that, the problem would still exist. And it would (and will) exist even if Israel had never been created or if it should disappear.

--hide--

I hear ya! Definitely back to WWI, when Britain and France carved up the Middle East, arbitrarily drawing lines in the sand here and there. Still, Lawrence of Arabia is one really cool film! cool

Nov 20th 2012 new

Not sure. I've been thinking about this. I voted for Gov. Romney. He's pro-life and supports most of my values.

I think I'm just going to stay true to my values and spiritual convictions, despite what some public officials do. I'll continue to vote for candidates that support Catholic and Christian values. I'll try to do my part, in every phase of my life, to live those values, knowing I'm going to mess up sometimes.

It's discouraging when you realize that a majority of the people support a candidate that doesn't believe in all the things you do. It's like the country is moving away from you and I. I feel a little adrift at sea.

But life goes on, and so must I.

Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Charles-211696 said: The author of the article is confounding the data by asserting that one particular...
(Quote) Charles-211696 said:

The author of the article is confounding the data by asserting that one particular aspect of Romney's platform is what drove his receiving a greater percentage of votes.

One could just as easily claim any number of planks in Romney's platform or any other aspects about the candidate himself were responsible for the voting spread. In order for the PRO-enforcement claim to hold true, the author would have to demonstrate some third data statistic, in this case, polling data that unequivocally demonstrate that people voted for Romney specifically due to his immigration stance.

This is the substance of the ecological fallacy. The author is making inferences about the voting behavior of the populace--in this case, a specific reason why people voted--based on the aggregate data. It could have been that Romney won more votes in those states because of his economic policy, because of his opposition to the ACA, because of his stand on abortion, or for any number of reasons.

Yes, Romney was PRO-enforcement. Yes, he garnered more votes than NON-enforcement McCain in those states.

BUT, the author of the article does not present any further verification (no t-test; no correlation statistics; no other measures of association) that it was the PRO-enforcement position alone that definitely caused the greater spread.

Show me some polling data that clearly show the #1 reason individuals in those particular states voted for Romney was his PRO-enforcement stances, and I may start to give credence to the hypothesis advanced by the author of the article. Until then, it is wrong and unethical for the author to suggest the conclusions he advances.

--hide--

Charles, I am well aquainted with statistics. I had the same reaction as you did while I was reading this article. But the author set this straight in the last paragraph that I copied.

"It would be foolish to conclude that Romney's pro-enforcement positions were the primary cause of his improvement over McCain. But the open-borders journalists and pundits seem to be trying to say the opposite -- that maybe Romney lost some of these states because of his pro-enforcement positions even though he actually had some significant improvements over the non-enforcement GOP candidate in the last election."

The author was not trying to make the claim you accuse him of, he was merely pointing that the open-borders proponents were using similar irrational data to encourage Republicans to jump on the amnesty bandwagon in order to secure Hispanic votes. Other polls have shown that Hispanic voters (as opposed to illegals) are more in favor of enforcement than amnesty.

Nov 20th 2012 new

We start our own hill...........www.catholicmatch.com

Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Karen-712407 said: We start our own hill...........www.catholicmatch.com.
(Quote) Karen-712407 said:

We start our own hill...........www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

I think that's a good idea, Karen, but where would you put it - it would have to be private land. I suspect you could get some wealthy prolife person to donate land. I think the Shrine of the Divine Mercy have created something - but not exactly what you're talking about.

Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) John-857142 said: Charles, I am well aquainted with statistics. I had the same reaction as you did whil...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

Charles, I am well aquainted with statistics. I had the same reaction as you did while I was reading this article. But the author set this straight in the last paragraph that I copied.

"It would be foolish to conclude that Romney's pro-enforcement positions were the primary cause of his improvement over McCain. But the open-borders journalists and pundits seem to be trying to say the opposite -- that maybe Romney lost some of these states because of his pro-enforcement positions even though he actually had some significant improvements over the non-enforcement GOP candidate in the last election."

The author was not trying to make the claim you accuse him of, he was merely pointing that the open-borders proponents were using similar irrational data to encourage Republicans to jump on the amnesty bandwagon in order to secure Hispanic votes. Other polls have shown that Hispanic voters (as opposed to illegals) are more in favor of enforcement than amnesty.

--hide--

Mea culpa, John, mea culpa. As a partial defense, I have only to say there are "lies, damned lies, and statistics." laughing

For the record, I would have taken the "open-borders journalists" to task with equal fervor.

Posts 141 - 150 of 198