Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 20th 2012 new

(Quote) John-857142 said: Other polls have shown that Hispanic voters (as opposed to illegals) are more in favo...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

Other polls have shown that Hispanic voters (as opposed to illegals) are more in favor of enforcement than amnesty.

--hide--

My position on the issue of illegal Hispanic immigration changed after I heard a daughter of legal Mexican immigrants express her rational, reasoned disgust for tolerating illegal immigrants in this country. The gist of her thought process was the extreme unfairness that her parents came here legally and waited years in the process to achieve citizenship but people who didn't come here legally were wanting benefits and eligibility for entitlements.

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) John-727073 said: My position on the issue of illegal Hispanic immigration changed after I heard a daughter ...
(Quote) John-727073 said:

My position on the issue of illegal Hispanic immigration changed after I heard a daughter of legal Mexican immigrants express her rational, reasoned disgust for tolerating illegal immigrants in this country. The gist of her thought process was the extreme unfairness that her parents came here legally and waited years in the process to achieve citizenship but people who didn't come here legally were wanting benefits and eligibility for entitlements.

--hide--
I still say work harder on making our borders more secure and unless the ones currently here are criminals, let them stay...as people who share similar family and church values. I'd rather have hispanics here then people from the middle east that I find degrading towards women and Christianity. Anyway.....

Where do we go from here....

We need to focus on the next election, repealing Obamacare which should be called unplanned parenthood funding "care", combatting the mainstream media's new lying attack (made daily now) about how republicans just hate the poor and love the rich since they don't want to tax the rich...by the way...new tax coming out on gas...CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! Gas which is already so high....another direct tax on the middle class as the really poor don't drive and the really rich don't care since they have electric cars or money. Anyway, each of us have to do what we can, which based on the lying liberal media....probably isn't much.

Nov 23rd 2012 new

If anyone can do anything about the below....well, they should....I'm disgusted that the men who fight for us are then not allowed to vote because democrats fear their votes! Voter fraud HAS to stop!

Even as First Lady Michelle Obama eloquently addresses the needs of military families, her husband’s Defense Department is cutting back on programs mandated by Congress to increase military voter turnout. In 2009, Congress passed the Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act (MOVE) to stimulate turnout among active duty military, in part, by establishing Installation Voter Assistance Offices (IVAO) on each base to help military personnel vote. But, in a report just issued by the Pentagon’s Inspector General, only about half of the installations have voter assistance offices even though the MOVE Act required them all to have them. Why is the Obama Pentagon dragging its feet in catalyzing a turnout of military voters? It is probably because they would overwhelmingly back Romney if they were able to vote. Among military veterans, Romney leads Obama by 58-34. One would assume that active duty military have a similar inclination. In the 2000 cliff-hanger Gore/Bush election, Democrats moved to exclude military absentee ballots from the Florida vote tally because they skewed so heavily against them. How outrageous is it that the Pentagon is failing to implement a bi-partisan act of Congress designed to help those who defend our freedom participate in it by voting on Election Day? This Pentagon report comes on the heels of lawsuits filed by the Democratic Party in Ohio to cut back the number of days during which military personnel can cast absentee ballots. The Ohio legislature had extended the period until the day before Election Day. But the Democratic lawsuit is trying to cut it back to four days before Election Day. Their suit is based on their contention that treating military absentee ballots differently from other kinds of absentee voting is discriminatory. But how easy is it to vote when you are in the wilds of Afghanistan, out on patrol during the day, constantly on the alert for snipers? These are obstacles most absentee voters don’t face and the military are entitled to special efforts to make their voting easier.

Nov 23rd 2012 new

I just learned Allen West lost to fraud, too. In one precinct there are only 7 registered voters, but had 900 people vote!!!

Someone has to do something about this fraud....it is like living in a 3rd world country where voting doesn't even happen...why vote?

Nov 24th 2012 new

Isn't Allen West the same man who said that there were about 78 or 79 members of congress that were communists? Allen is buffoonish....he has elevated ignorance to the high table of perversion. He is one heap of mess that we do not have to hear from again. However, I believe in redemption, and in his case I hope it comes with maturity; only then should we allow him back in a civilized discourse.

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I just learned Allen West lost to fraud, too. In one precinct there are only 7 registered voters...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

I just learned Allen West lost to fraud, too. In one precinct there are only 7 registered voters, but had 900 people vote!!!

Someone has to do something about this fraud....it is like living in a 3rd world country where voting doesn't even happen...why vote?

--hide--

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: "Odd? Romney Got ZERO Votes In 59 Precincts in Philly, and 9 Precincts in Ohio"

"Odd? Romney Got ZERO Votes In 59 Precincts in Philly, and 9 Precincts in Ohio"

www.theblaze.com

There is NO way that he could have gotten zero votes....something is really fishy!

--hide--

Where is the outrage and the protests over this? Where are the demands to investigate and hold those that did this to account, at the very least?

Especially when folks like Michael Savage predicted this seven months ago? www.youtube.com

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Karis-410918 said: Isn't Allen West the same man who said that there were about 78 or 79 members of congress...
(Quote) Karis-410918 said:

Isn't Allen West the same man who said that there were about 78 or 79 members of congress that were communists? Allen is buffoonish....he has elevated ignorance to the high table of perversion. He is one heap of mess that we do not have to hear from again. However, I believe in redemption, and in his case I hope it comes with maturity; only then should we allow him back in a civilized discourse.

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

--hide--
Don't you believe in redistribution of wealth, so you would side with the communist wouldn't you, especially if you felt it was ok to fix elections....thus, you would object to someone pointing out your true colors....wasn't that what he was talking about.....he had every right...the left hated him because he was black and conservative...so they went after him and everything you said has nothing to do with the fact that FRAUD by the liberals is what forced him out.....how scary it is that our vote no longer counts because just like in a communist society the elections are just for show! I"m still having trouble stomaching that you think murder should be legal if it is someone's choice and that people should vote for someone who promotes it. Why...because the murderer will have to face their own consequences some day....so we let the wipe out people who inconvenience them....pretty much somes up your philosophies.

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: (Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: "Odd? Romney Got ZERO Votes In 59 Precin...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Quote:
Cheryl-409772 said:

"Odd? Romney Got ZERO Votes In 59 Precincts in Philly, and 9 Precincts in Ohio"

www.theblaze.com

There is NO way that he could have gotten zero votes....something is really fishy!

Where is the outrage and the protests over this? Where are the demands to investigate and hold those that did this to account, at the very least?

Especially when folks like Michael Savage predicted this seven months ago? www.youtube.com

--hide--
I'm outraged...and look at Karis's post above...that is all we get from liberals...complete distraction and absurdity...I decided to give it back to them. The problem is what we can do about it....seems like we are as good a country now as all those dictatorships overseas....where elections mean nothing! What can we do about it?

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Don't you believe in redistribution of wealth, so you would side with the communist wouldn&#...

Don't you believe in redistribution of wealth, so you would side with the communist wouldn't you, especially if you felt it was ok to fix elections....thus, you would object to someone pointing out your true colors....wasn't that what he was talking about.....he had every right...the left hated him because he was black and conservative...so they went after him and everything you said has nothing to do with the fact that FRAUD by the liberals is what forced him out.....how scary it is that our vote no longer counts because just like in a communist society the elections are just for show! I"m still having trouble stomaching that you think murder should be legal if it is someone's choice and that people should vote for someone who promotes it. Why...because the murderer will have to face their own consequences some day....so we let the wipe out people who inconvenience them....pretty much somes up your philosophies.

--hide--
So we let them not the wipe out

Nov 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Don't you believe in redistribution of wealth, so you would side with the communist wouldn&#...

--hide--

In the summer I went to Florida to campaign against the Republicans and Governor Scott efforts to change the voting rules in an attempt to have Romney elected as President. Cristi the former Republican governor was visible everywhere campaigning against his successors dirty politics. Accuse me of anything you wish, but here were republicans one for voting rights and the other one not...the one for voting rights, in this case Cristi won. So republicans dirty tricks reminiscent of the year 2000 shenanigans energized the anti-republican vote in ways that had never seen before. And they lost. The trouble with republicans here is that, instead of accepting that their policies are not working and that is why they are loosing, they continue to blame everyone else except themselves. And unless they did so, they will not change...and if they do not change they will loose again. So they need to just shut up and reflect...continuing to blame voters for casting votes the way they wish is ludicrous!

Posts 151 - 160 of 198