Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 26th 2012 new

Well, now that "Santa Claus" wink has been elected again, for starters we need to stop arguing about the "how" and "why" scratchchin of how the election turned out the way it did, and wave at all the people who boarded the Polar Express...

Then, we might all ought to sit down and calmly assess what talents or gifts we each have to offer towards getting our country back on track. Maybe that should be a new thread...
If each one of us donated even a couple of hours each week towards effecting change where we live, we can accomplish change in the right way, not change that sacrifices dignity, lives, and morals.

Nov 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: At one point in the election Obama claimed Romney's economic policies are the same as the ones...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said:

At one point in the election Obama claimed Romney's economic policies are the same as the ones in 1920! Ever hear of the Roaring 20's? There was a great economic boom in the 20's that was snuffed out by FDR's policies of the 1930's!! Also in the 20's there was a population of morally educated people!
--hide--

The Depression started in 1929 3 years before FDR was first elected. So FDR's policies did not snuff out the roaring 20's.

Economists today tell us that His polices prolonged the depression. So do Obummer's amateurish policies .

However, there is one critical difference between his unbridled spending and Obummer's. A lot of FDRs spending went into actually improving US infrastructure. Obummer's accomplished nothing. The only jobs created are more bureaucratic jobs in an already hopelessly over bloated Government.

Nov 26th 2012 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: The Depression started in 1929 3 years before FDR was first elected. So FDR's policies did n...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

The Depression started in 1929 3 years before FDR was first elected. So FDR's policies did not snuff out the roaring 20's.

Economists today tell us that His polices prolonged the depression. So do Obummer's amateurish policies .

However, there is one critical difference between his unbridled spending and Obummer's. A lot of FDRs spending went into actually improving US infrastructure. Obummer's accomplished nothing. The only jobs created are more bureaucratic jobs in an already hopelessly over bloated Government.

--hide--

The recession or the depression started in 1929? By definition how many months of recession has to occur before it is called a depression? Most recessions work themselves out in under a year if I'm rememberin correctly.
Nov 26th 2012 new
(Quote) John-857142 said: "...a population of morally educated people!" ?? Relatively speaking, perhaps. B...
(Quote) John-857142 said:

"...a population of morally educated people!" ?? Relatively speaking, perhaps. But the 1920s were also known for their decadence. I believe the Crash occurred in 1929, which was during Hoover's administration. FDR won in 1932.

--hide--

My original point is still valid. There is a severe lack of God in today's society. Atheism is key to the spread of Communism and it is the error of Russia that Mary warned the world of at Fatima.
Nov 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: The recession or the depression started in 1929? By definition how many months of recession has to...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said:

The recession or the depression started in 1929? By definition how many months of recession has to occur before it is called a depression? Most recessions work themselves out in under a year if I'm rememberin correctly.
--hide--

The 1929 crash was so immediate and profound from the get go that these more modern yard sticks used to lable had no application.

Most of the recessions we have had since the War years have worked themselves out over 12 to 24 months. Some may have been shorter and some have definitely been longer. Of course we have also had that new breed, Stagflation.

Nov 26th 2012 new

Yes, Clair I have heard of the roaring 1920's.

Nov 27th 2012 new
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Part II closed out and there was a request to continue this thread - so here it is!
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Part II closed out and there was a request to continue this thread - so here it is!

--hide--
Where do we go from here? This could be interesting...

FBI ASKED TO PROBE OBAMA 'VOTE-CHANGING' MACHINES: State lawmaker says she has concerns over election tampering

www.wnd.com
Nov 28th 2012 new

I'm hoping for a phone call from the White House with the news that Obama will nominate me to be the new Treasury Secretary.

I'm not qualified for that job, but anybody's got to be better than Tim Geitner.

Nov 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: ......anybody's got to be better than Tim Geitner.
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

......anybody's got to be better than Tim Geitner.

--hide--

I can applaud that! clap
Dec 1st 2012 new

Spread this video:

peterseanesq.blogspot.com

Posts 181 - 190 of 198