Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: First, perhaps you should research t...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Quote:
Chelsea-743484 said:

First, perhaps you should research the Catholic doctrine on subsidiarity. I think it answers your questions sufficiently.

Secondly, if there is no way to PROVE what you've been offering as objective examples, how do YOU even know they're true examples? It's not calling someone a liar to say "I don't know how true your story is...". It's a statement based upon what you have already admitted: Your examples cannot be verified. You know, there is a name for defaming people in public; it's a sin against the fifth commandment called detraction...so, do be careful with what you say. Everyone has a right to his good name, and a person commits a murder of sorts to take it from him unjustly. I'm not saying you've committed the sin, since I can't identify the people you're talking about...I'm merely admonishing you to take care with your words for fear of sinning.

What are you talking about? YOu have no idea what you are talking about...I know these people personally. Indeed, my mother just bought coats for the children of one of them who is speniding hte deceased parent's SS check on cigs and alcoho. I think you need to read what subsidiarity means.....because it explains that charity needs to begin at the smallest units...not the largest...in other words with local chairities and govt...not federal. I guess you are guilty of committing a sin then because it sounds like you are attacking my good name.

--hide--

Hi Cheryl et alia,

Cheryl, this lashing out at others does neither you nor your cause any good. I asked you about this before, remember? I asked you what size your cohort was when you made the determination that "many" people were cheating the system. I still don't know, although gaging from your response to Chelsea, your cohort size was statistically too small to draw any conclusions. You also seem to fail to understand that the smallest units of charity often cannot cope with devastating health scenarios. And oddly enough, there are Catholic health care facilities here in Chicagoland which have become extremely aggressive in pursuing even the smallest debt.

If you're worried about your good name being sullied, then I suggest you go back and read your posts.

James ☺

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Then why are you attacking me...that is what subsidiarity is!

Then why are you attacking me...that is what subsidiarity is!

--hide--

I didn't attack you, I admonished you. It's a spiritual work of mercy.

No doubt that is what subsidiarity is. You're the one who asked all the questions about how to solve the problems of people supposedly defrauding the government. I suggested you study the doctrine on subsidiarity.

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Cheryl et alia,Here are some suggestions for writing. Avoid run-on sentences. P...
(Quote) James-17080 said:

Hi Cheryl et alia,

Here are some suggestions for writing. Avoid run-on sentences. Please use capitalization. If you want to make accusations like "...the liberal party (dems) are far, far left now....they are supported by the communist party so enough said.", then be prepared to back up your statements with proof.

Use whitespace to make what you write more readable.

As for your comment that "The govt. should not be taxing for anything except defense....period.", do you think that we should sell the Louisiana Purchace back to France, since that had nothing to do with defense, and the money had to come from somewhere?

James ☺

--hide--
James...I am quite capable of correct grammar.....don't need the lesson. I am choosing to rush in these posts. I think they are quite understandable even so unless...well, it appears to me that you are the one trying to distract. I have given plenty of proof as have so many others, still you choose to ignore so that you can do whatever you want.

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: I didn't attack you, I admonished you. It's a spiritual work of mercy.N...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

No doubt that is what subsidiarity is. You're the one who asked all the questions about how to solve the problems of people supposedly defrauding the government. I suggested you study the doctrine on subsidiarity.

--hide--
Excuse me...you "admonished" me...what gives you the right...I did nothing wrong. I suggest you work on yourself.

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Cheryl et alia,Cheryl, this lashing out at others does neither you nor your cau...

Hi Cheryl et alia,

Cheryl, this lashing out at others does neither you nor your cause any good. I asked you about this before, remember? I asked you what size your cohort was when you made the determination that "many" people were cheating the system. I still don't know, although gaging from your response to Chelsea, your cohort size was statistically too small to draw any conclusions. You also seem to fail to understand that the smallest units of charity often cannot cope with devastating health scenarios. And oddly enough, there are Catholic health care facilities here in Chicagoland which have become extremely aggressive in pursuing even the smallest debt.

If you're worried about your good name being sullied, then I suggest you go back and read your posts.

James ☺

--hide--
James, lashing out and defending oneself and ones faith are two different things. I will continue to do so. I gave Chelsea one example but I have given others through out this thread. Both as a teacher and in my personal life, I have seen plenty of examples of the abuse of the system. I only know one person who uses the money correctly. However, I don't think it takes a genius to know that it is being abused. All you have to do is look at the cell phone lady video and know about the drugs and alchohol that the money is getting spent on. No one should have to pay taxes for abortions or birth control and now for babies to be murdered once born alive either or for physician assisted suicide. As a Catholic, you cannot support this.

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: I didn't attack you, I admonished you. It's a spiritual work of mercy.N...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

--hide--
Not that I don't believe in admonishing...but you got it wrong, and if you are going to do it, do it correctly. I have every right to wonder if there isn't a better way to handle the "safety net" and to bring about discussions on it.

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Cheryl et alia,Here are some...

Quote:
James-17080 said:

Hi Cheryl et alia,

Here are some suggestions for writing. Avoid run-on sentences. Please use capitalization. If you want to make accusations like "...the liberal party (dems) are far, far left now....they are supported by the communist party so enough said.", then be prepared to back up your statements with proof.

As for your comment that "The govt. should not be taxing for anything except defense....period.", do you think that we should sell the Louisiana Purchace back to France, since that had nothing to do with defense, and the money had to come from somewhere?

James ☺

James...I am quite capable of correct grammar.....don't need the lesson. I am choosing to rush in these posts. I think they are quite understandable even so unless...well, it appears to me that you are the one trying to distract. I have given plenty of proof as have so many others, still you choose to ignore so that you can do whatever you want.

--hide--

That's nice to know. I look forward to the day when you put that knowledge of correct grammar into practice.

James ☺

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Cheryl et alia,Here are some suggestions for writing. Avoid run-on sentences. P...

Hi Cheryl et alia,

James ☺

--hide--
By the way, if you are referring to my use of the ellipses...it is a style of writing and completely acceptable. It is perhaps a little lazy leaving out words, but considering the time I have, it will do. Many authors have different styles. This is mine for the forums anyway.

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) James-17080 said: That's nice to know. I look forward to the day when you put that knowledge of correct ...

That's nice to know. I look forward to the day when you put that knowledge of correct grammar into practice.

James ☺

--hide--
Shees, you really need a life....look up ellipses.

Nov 28th 2012 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: (Quote) James-17080 said: Hi Cheryl et alia,Cheryl, this ...

Quote:
James-17080 said:

Hi Cheryl et alia,

James ☺

James, lashing out and defending oneself and ones faith are two different things. I will continue to do so. I gave Chelsea one example but I have given others through out this thread. Both as a teacher and in my personal life, I have seen plenty of examples of the abuse of the system. I only know one person who uses the money correctly. However, I don't think it takes a genius to know that it is being abused. All you have to do is look at the cell phone lady video and know about the drugs and alchohol that the money is getting spent on. No one should have to pay taxes for abortions or birth control and now for babies to be murdered once born alive either or for physician assisted suicide. As a Catholic, you cannot support this.

--hide--

Oh I know you will continue to lash out. My request was mostly a formality.

Without evidence, all we have here are your anecdotal observations. You're probably sincere, but without a careful study, your observations are just that: observations, and nothing more.

James ☺

Posts 91 - 100 of 146