Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Dec 3rd 2012 new
(Quote) Angela-893980 said: My experience is that wearing a mask doesn't stop the reactions from happening. I also do not...
(Quote) Angela-893980 said:

My experience is that wearing a mask doesn't stop the reactions from happening. I also do not get relief from using benedryl if it reaches a full blown athsma attack. I have found for me that the liquid benedryl (children's) gets in my system much faster than the pills. Unfortunately a bottle does not last long when used for adult doses.
Plus it is not a sin to get up and walk out or miss mass due to health reasons.

--hide--

I guess I am less concerned about it being a sin than my actually missing the message from the service. So often when I am visiting a different Catholic Church I find the Holy Spirit has led me to that particular church. I plan to check before the service starts to see if there is a cry room in case I need it.
Dec 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: If someone is highly allergic to the incense used at Mass and they did not realize until they were at Ma...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: If someone is highly allergic to the incense used at Mass and they did not realize until they were at Mass it would be used what is the proper protocol to use? I do apologize if this question has been previously addressed.
--hide--

We have had several get up and leave because of Adoration benediction---if they are a visitor, they don't know we have benediction right before Mass on the third Saturday of the month. Regular attendees stay in the cry room, which has glassed out front and a closed door, or wait in the front hall until the benediction concludes. It is an issue at our Church. Prior priests used to use floral and other oddly scented incenses; the standard is now Frankincense and Myrrh. I almost think we should post a sign when incense is prescribed so people can sit in the cry room. No one with noisy children really sits there anyway. . . .

Posts 21 - 22 of 22