Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Kyle-841608 said: I feel that the Benghazi hearings are for show. The persons who were ultimately responsible for se...
(Quote) Kyle-841608 said:

I feel that the Benghazi hearings are for show. The persons who were ultimately responsible for sending help were Hilary Clinton and the president. Both were convincingly negligent in their responsibilty. There is no way, the way this administration works that either one of them will be held accountable. So this dog and pony show that they are holding is a farce. The whole administration is a farce. When you surround yourself with fools you only prove yourself to be a greater fool.

The media will go out of their way to protect both of them and prove their innocence. The president has lied time and time again, why should this be any different.

--hide--

Hillary Clinton has no authority to order any military forces to go to the aid of anyone. She can ask the President to do it. But only the Preesident can send the military into any kind of action. Once he exercises that authority, the generals take over to control operations.

Hillary failed much sooner before the attack in not obtaining more protection for the diplomatic mission. But in this case, the failure is all and soley Obummers.

Nov 16th 2012 new

The hearings are not just for show.... At least I don't think that they will be.

From the hearings, either yesterday (11/15) or today (11/16), we learned directly from Gen. Petraeus's testimony that he knew right away (the same day of the Libyan attack) that it was an Alkyda-related terrorist attack. This information was in the CIA report but was then "removed by someone" from the talking points as they were presented to the Congressional committee right after the attack and in the following TV interviews of Rice over the next several days. This seems to be the most suspicious comment from Gen. Petraeus. His recollection was that he mentioned that it was a terrorist attack at the first testimony, but his testimony from that time indicated that it was because of a mob action (due to the video). This does not make any sense to me. I think that he may have been fibbing (lying or distorting the real truth) in his first testimony. It will be very interest to see where this goes.

The above testimony is exactly why something like an affair is considered such a serious matter for someone (appointed or in the military) with with such security clearance. It leaves them wide open to blackmail. It would not surprise me a bit if we later find out that people higher-up in the government knew for some time that this affair was going on and used it for leverage (blackmail) to get Petraeus to modify his first testimony, de-emphasizing the possibility of a terrorist attack and stressing that it was mostly due to a mob action resulting from the video.

Blackmail (or leverage) is not necessary just something that happens between a Soviet-like spy and a government official..... It can also be between people higher up the command chain and subordinates.

Ed

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: It seems pretty much the whole country is upset by:The four senseless murders in Bengh...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

It seems pretty much the whole country is upset by:

The four senseless murders in Benghazi,

The coverup by the Government in handling the situation, referring to it erroneously as
the result of an anti-Muslim video and not acknowledging it as terrorism,

The over-the-top coverage by the liberal media of indiscretions of the top men leading
our country and our military,

The lag in reporting the scandals from the time they were first encountered,

The fact that two flirtatious, egocentric women, have had access to Generals at
the top of the Chain of Command,

The fact that Rice may be appointed Secretary of State when she was still informing
Americans that Benghazi was the result of the video, even after most Americans
knew the truth,

How the Head of the CIA was investigated by lower levels of the FBI, and

The fact that the Democrats won an election again, and whatever
our ideas and ideals about our Country were prior to the appointment of Obama,
they have been turned upside down and disregarded.

Is this going to be another case of media blitz and a free for all, to cover up, mislead,
and protect the Obama Administration from being held accountable?

I have a bad feeling about this. Did I leave anything out?

--hide--

Hi Marianne - I agree with everything you outline except for saying the whole country is upset. The MSNBC crowd is only talking about the affair and their other time is spent complaining that Mitt Romney is a sore loser. I flip to MSNBC for entertainment purposes. I love watching Matthews spit on himself while trying to speak.

This admin is a bunch of scoundrels. They lie cheat and steal every chance they have, and they have a section of the population that follows these idiots and worships them; have some self respect people.

I'm praying Jesus comes back sooner rather later.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: The hearings are not just for show.... At least I don't think that they will be. From ...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

The hearings are not just for show.... At least I don't think that they will be.

From the hearings, either yesterday (11/15) or today (11/16), we learned directly from Gen. Petraeus's testimony that he knew right away (the same day of the Libyan attack) that it was an Alkyda-related terrorist attack. This information was in the CIA report but was then "removed by someone" from the talking points as they were presented to the Congressional committee right after the attack and in the following TV interviews of Rice over the next several days. This seems to be the most suspicious comment from Gen. Petraeus. His recollection was that he mentioned that it was a terrorist attack at the first testimony, but his testimony from that time indicated that it was because of a mob action (due to the video). This does not make any sense to me. I think that he may have been fibbing (lying or distorting the real truth) in his first testimony. It will be very interest to see where this goes.

The above testimony is exactly why something like an affair is considered such a serious matter for someone (appointed or in the military) with with such security clearance. It leaves them wide open to blackmail. It would not surprise me a bit if we later find out that people higher-up in the government knew for some time that this affair was going on and used it for leverage (blackmail) to get Petraeus to modify his first testimony, de-emphasizing the possibility of a terrorist attack and stressing that it was mostly due to a mob action resulting from the video.

Blackmail (or leverage) is not necessary just something that happens between a Soviet-like spy and a government official..... It can also be between people higher up the command chain and subordinates.

Ed

--hide--

What I really meant, Ed, about being "for show" is that nothing is going to happen to anyone for these senseless murders. I have
not had a chance to listen to what is coming out of the hearings yet, but I can tell that you are suspicious of the comments and I
trust your judgement.

About the statement you made regarding an affair being such a serious matter to a person with high security clearance which
leaves them open to blackmail, it makes a lot of sense. And I think we are seeing the result of that blackmail somehow.

Do you think there will be justice as a result of these hearing?

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Joe-787295 said: Hi Marianne - I agree with everything you outline except for saying the whole country ...
(Quote) Joe-787295 said:

Hi Marianne - I agree with everything you outline except for saying the whole country is upset. The MSNBC crowd is only talking about the affair and their other time is spent complaining that Mitt Romney is a sore loser. I flip to MSNBC for entertainment purposes. I love watching Matthews spit on himself while trying to speak.

This admin is a bunch of scoundrels. They lie cheat and steal every chance they have, and they have a section of the population that follows these idiots and worships them; have some self respect people.

I'm praying Jesus comes back sooner rather later.

--hide--

I have to tell you, Joe, you have a refreshing way of expressing things. I hope you will continue to post on this forum,
until you find an appropriate mate.

Are you saying that the MSNBC crowd does not consider the murders of the 4 Americans upsetting? They consider the
scandal at the upper echelons of the CIA to be more important. Well, that really defines the new American mindset.
We are all in for a rough ride.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Hillary Clinton has no authority to order any military forces to go to the aid of anyone....
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Hillary Clinton has no authority to order any military forces to go to the aid of anyone. She can ask the President to do it. But only the Preesident can send the military into any kind of action. Once he exercises that authority, the generals take over to control operations.

Hillary failed much sooner before the attack in not obtaining more protection for the diplomatic mission. But in this case, the failure is all and soley Obummers.

--hide--

Paul: On a much earlier post, I said that I heard an American military Officer say that he kept requesting help for the Benghazi compound
up to six months before this all happened. He asked a lot of times, and was denied a lot of times, and then Washington
told him to stop asking. The military man spoke at a hearing weeks before this Benghazi hearing took place. Someone from
the White House must have denied the Americans the necessary protection. Whoever denied it should be questioned. This
is where the truth lies.

Nov 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I have to tell you, Joe, you have a refreshing way of expressing things. I hope you wi...

I have to tell you, Joe, you have a refreshing way of expressing things. I hope you will continue to post on this forum,
until you find an appropriate mate.

Are you saying that the MSNBC crowd does not consider the murders of the 4 Americans upsetting? They consider the
scandal at the upper echelons of the CIA to be more important. Well, that really defines the new American mindset.
We are all in for a rough ride.

--hide--

Thanks Marianne, I am actually considering removing my account. This process has been frustrating although the forums have been fun. As far as finding an appropriate mate, after reading some of the liberal garbage on these forums and knowing 52% of the catholic population can vote for a guy that, as senator; voted for what amounted to be infanticide - I have very low expectations. I came here with the naive belief that there would be many people that shared my beliefs and values.

This site contains people that aren't much different than the general public. sad

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Joe-787295 said: Thanks Marianne, I am actually considering removing my account. This process has been ...
(Quote) Joe-787295 said:

Thanks Marianne, I am actually considering removing my account. This process has been frustrating although the forums have been fun. As far as finding an appropriate mate, after reading some of the liberal garbage on these forums and knowing 52% of the catholic population can vote for a guy that, as senator; voted for what amounted to be infanticide - I have very low expectations. I came here with the naive belief that there would be many people that shared my beliefs and values.

This site contains people that aren't much different than the general public.

--hide--

Joe: I am sorry you are not doing well with your process on CM. I can tell you that it goes in cycles. People
come and go and so maybe you should stick it out until the end of your membership at least.

If you are really interesting in someone with the same strong values that you have, perhaps you can volunteer
with an organization that helps to implement those values. I am sure you will find a lot of people there with
your values. And they have friends and sisters that you might meet.

So, I hope you keep posting for now.

On NPR this morning I heard someone sticking up for Rice and saying that she was more intelligent and had
a better background as a Rhodes scholar than the people that were criticizing her. Well, I thought that would
be a hard argument to counter. She was referring to politicians who had been in office for a long time.

The woman was quite militant. I just got confused with her agrument. Don't know how to counter that
argument.

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Joe: I am sorry you are not doing well with your process on CM. I can tell you that it...

Joe: I am sorry you are not doing well with your process on CM. I can tell you that it goes in cycles. People
come and go and so maybe you should stick it out until the end of your membership at least.

If you are really interesting in someone with the same strong values that you have, perhaps you can volunteer
with an organization that helps to implement those values. I am sure you will find a lot of people there with
your values. And they have friends and sisters that you might meet.

So, I hope you keep posting for now.

On NPR this morning I heard someone sticking up for Rice and saying that she was more intelligent and had
a better background as a Rhodes scholar than the people that were criticizing her. Well, I thought that would
be a hard argument to counter. She was referring to politicians who had been in office for a long time.

The woman was quite militant. I just got confused with her agrument. Don't know how to counter that
argument.

--hide--

The arguments about the merits or demerits of Rice are a red herring.

Rice has to be regarded as the messanger, as Democrats in Congress (it pains me to say it, folks) correctly point out. The real argument is with the one who crafted and ordered the dissemination of the message, which would be Obama himself.

Thus, when he said, "if you have a problem, take it up with me," there was truth in that statement as he was the one responsible for crafting the "film caused the attack" official narrative. This is a narrative that has lead to the alleged maker of the film to Federal lockup as a de facto political prisoner.

Nov 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: The arguments about the merits or demerits of Rice are a red herring. Rice has to be rega...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

The arguments about the merits or demerits of Rice are a red herring.

Rice has to be regarded as the messanger, as Democrats in Congress (it pains me to say it, folks) correctly point out. The real argument is with the one who crafted and ordered the dissemination of the message, which would be Obama himself.

Thus, when he said, "if you have a problem, take it up with me," there was truth in that statement as he was the one responsible for crafting the "film caused the attack" official narrative. This is a narrative that has lead to the alleged maker of the film to Federal lockup as a de facto political prisoner.

--hide--

True and isn't it interesting that we have heard nothing more of this poor fellow.

Oh wait (for all the conspiracy people) it was all a plot since the CIA manufactured up the whole incident under Obummer's orders, then needed a scapegoat to keep the story going. He actually was not arrested, just whisked away so he could hide out.

UMM! Sounds like a good plot for a novel. We can even work in the operatives of Opus Dei, some sleazy Jesuits a mad Pope and make Obummer the hero savior of the world.

Excuse me now, my tongue is really stuck to the side of my cheek.

Posts 11 - 20 of 33